Maglite led upgrade

newts

Newly Enlightened
Does having that big of piece of brass increase resistance compared to a brass rod encased in polymer?

Short answer is no. In practical terms I couldn't see any difference in performance. Brass is a reasonable electrical conductor but still only half of aluminum or a a third as good as copper. but a rod or certainly 2.5 cm chunk of it makes up in size what it lacks in conductivity for this application.

Why would you encase brass in a polymer? if you want a smaller lighter conductor use copper.

alpg88

Flashlight Enthusiast
minis do not have that recessed positive, nether does magtac, rebel module from 2d was even easier to test, it is removed from a light, I connected 3v supply the correct way then a reverse, several times.
Pretty sure all made good positive contact.
But you know what, you made me wonder, now i have to buy ml25 and try it.
Like I promised, I bought ml25, there isn't any mechanical RPP, batts made good contact either way, inserted batteries backwards, turned it on, no light, put the batts the right way, light came on, No ill effect noticed during revers polarity tests, lights works just fine. I strongly suspect ml 50 and ml 150 would also suffer no issues from reverse polarity.

Attachments

• IMG_6089.jpeg
    IMG_6089.jpeg
    329.7 KB · Views: 66
  • IMG_6090.jpeg
    IMG_6090.jpeg
    380.6 KB · Views: 67

DE73

Newly Enlightened
Packed arrived today

Attachments

• IMG_5912.jpeg
    IMG_5912.jpeg
    520.4 KB · Views: 81
  • IMG_5913.jpeg
    IMG_5913.jpeg
    407.2 KB · Views: 71

Chicken Drumstick

Flashlight Enthusiast
What's you opinion about the drop ins from the torch site?

I have bought from them a number of times. Not sure who makes their stuff exactly. No real issues. The only things I'd say negative are generally poor tints, often blue'ish or green'ish. There is also visible PWM on the multi mode drop ins. I don't think this is exclusive to The Torch Site, but all Maglite 3rd party drop ins I've come across.

DE73

Newly Enlightened
I have bought from them a number of times. Not sure who makes their stuff exactly. No real issues. The only things I'd say negative are generally poor tints, often blue'ish or green'ish. There is also visible PWM on the multi mode drop ins. I don't think this is exclusive to The Torch Site, but all Maglite 3rd party drop ins I've come across.
Because of Brexit they don't sell to any of the 27 EU countries.

letschat7

Flashlight Enthusiast
It has to be outside my market and unobtainable through the usual places. Right now I'm in talks to pay 1000$ over what the retail price of a light from the EU that is exceptionally rare.

Monocrom

Flashaholic
It has to be outside my market and unobtainable through the usual places. Right now I'm in talks to pay 1000$ over what the retail price of a light from the EU that is exceptionally rare.
I've never gone that much. But if you do snag it, please make a topic about it.

letschat7

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well I have been interested in it since 2009 and no one on the forums seems to get one being exclusively for use of mil/gov types. I bought an accessory for it that is rare leading me down a rabbit hole all the way to Austria.

Chicken Drumstick

Flashlight Enthusiast
Because of Brexit they don't sell to any of the 27 EU countries.
It says the opposite on their website....

Europe EU (European Union) Countries (Please see image below for prices)

Royal Mail International Standard (EU) European Union Countries.

We offer this postage to the following European Union countries. Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark,
Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Ireland, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Netherlands, Poland, Portugal, Romania,
Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden

Royal Mail EU International Tracked

We offer this shipping service to all the above EU countries .