"Repulsor" Flashlight

IamMatt

Newly Enlightened
Waist-worn flashlight gets hip with hands-free high beams

From the article:

What happens when you want directed illumination, yet also need to keep your hands and forehead clear for other tasks or gear? One startup is looking to address such situations with a new generation of flashlight. The Repulsor is designed to be worn about the waist, delivering bright beams that rival those found on many cars.

Appropriately named IMHO. I understand the hands free bit, but I can't recall when I have needed to keep my "forehead clear for other tasks." Maybe head-butting people in the dark?

IamMatt

Newly Enlightened
Re: Waist-worn flashlight gets hip with hands-free high beams

Hang on, I am reading this on April 4 but I just noticed the article is dated April 1......

Tachead

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Waist-worn flashlight gets hip with hands-free high beams

From the article:

What happens when you want directed illumination, yet also need to keep your hands and forehead clear for other tasks or gear? One startup is looking to address such situations with a new generation of flashlight. The Repulsor is designed to be worn about the waist, delivering bright beams that rival those found on many cars.

Appropriately named IMHO. I understand the hands free bit, but I can't recall when I have needed to keep my "forehead clear for other tasks." Maybe head-butting people in the dark?

Lol, I cant remember a time either.

CelticCross74

Flashlight Enthusiast
Three pounds? I dont know about this one. Sure its a 50 watt HID system and all but out on a hike or search and rescue operation this thing would weigh me down and possibly pull my pants down. Afraid to know the price....

easilyled

Flashaholic
I think if I was wearing something like that on the streets here in the UK, they'd probably assume (correctly) that I am somewhat insane.

I would have expected the light to consist of leds rather than Xenon HIDs ... the batteries could be much smaller then. XP-L Hi's with Aspheric lenses would still produce a far-throwing beam.

nbp

Flashaholic
Merged the two threads on this light. Looks like the arms that came down from the spaceships in war of the worlds! Haha.

vadimax

Flashlight Enthusiast
HID lamps? Well, where are thermal ribs or external radiator or whatever that should emit excessive heat (as we know shiny surfaces are the worst heat exchangers)? Very much reminds me "laser razor blade".

ven

Flashaholic
With a flashlight, run or walk you can keep the beam nice and steady, countering your body movements............On the waist imho just would not work, it would be all over the place.................

I think its a waist of time:D