E1 Exec vs E1e Exec

JerryM

Flashlight Enthusiast
Is the major advantage of the E1e the fact that it has a Pyrex lens, and if so is that a great advantage considering the MNO1 lamp?

I am wondering if I should wait on a backordered E1e vs taking an available E1.

Thanks,
Jerry /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

K-T

*Moderator*
The E1e also has a LOTC and a different clip design where the clip can be taken off. The head is scalopped and features the "hex-formed antiroll pattern" /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/eek.gif
The E1 is smaller and more slim due to the clip which is attached to the head but the E1e has more "features".

Klaus.

ResQTech

Flashlight Enthusiast
I like the E1e better mostly because of aesthetics. I like being able to clip it to keep it secure. Other than that, it's a matter of if you like the Hex and scalloped bezel. The E1 and E1e perform the same.

JerryM

Flashlight Enthusiast
Is the Pyrex lens of the E1e significantly better than the plastic lens (I think that is correct) of the E1? I am wondering if the heat of the MNO1 lamp is enough to melt the plastic lens as opposed to the Pyrex lens.

Thanks,
Jerry

Datasaurusrex

Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
K-T said:
The E1e also has a LOTC and a different clip design where the clip can be taken off.

[/ QUOTE ]

My GM E1 has the same LOTC as my E2e HA3... in apperance and function. I bought the E1 used, but I assume it is the original tailcap.

You will lose the pocket clip on the E1 if you put on a KL1 head... that might matter to you, or maybe not.

ResQTech

Flashlight Enthusiast
The new E1e I got had a "Caution: Hot Surface" inscription on it. I havent used it for prolonged periods of time, but I cant image it getting that hot... Maybe warm/hot to the touch, but I doubt it would be hot enough to melt plastic. Anyone out there melt a lens w/ a MN01?

darkzero

Flashaholic* ,
[ QUOTE ]
MTFD17 said:
The new E1e I got had a "Caution: Hot Surface" inscription on it. I havent used it for prolonged periods of time, but I cant image it getting that hot... Maybe warm/hot to the touch, but I doubt it would be hot enough to melt plastic. Anyone out there melt a lens w/ a MN01?

[/ QUOTE ]

My E1e-Blk doesn't say the "Caution: Hot Surface" warning but my E2e-HA does. My guess is only the new scalloped bezels say the caution. My E1e is not scalloped. I just assumed the caution warning was there cause they knew I was sending it to TIN for a P61 mod. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinser2.gif
Now the caution warning really serves it's purpose.

E2emod2.jpg

(picture courtesy of alberto)

As MTFD17 said, I can't imagine either of my E1 or E1e getting too hot to touch. Doesn't seem like an E1 could melt the lens. My SL Stinger burns ten times hotter than my E1s and will only melt the polycarbonate lens if set down on it's face while ON for a long period of time. I've had my Stinger ON for a full hour straight once and the lens was fine.

EDIT-
Like Datasarusrex, my E1 has a LOTC but my E2 has a non-LOTC. The E2 is also the older style that doesn't have the loop in the clip for a keyring and the clip is screwed on unlike the newer ones that are riveted.

JerryM

Flashlight Enthusiast
I bit the bullet and ordered a E1e HA model. I plan to use it with a KL1 module as a primary EDC.

I might add that most dealers do not have them in stock, and are not sure when they might come in.
Based upon what happened to Bulldog, I decided if I want any Surefire products, I had better get them now. I would not pay MSRP for them.

Thanks for the help.

Jerry

Size15's

Flashaholic
I foresee no reason to think that you'll have to pay "MSRP" for SureFires unless you want to buy them online.

SureFire Dealers continue to offer great deals. They just won't be able to have an online shop or advertise their prices online. I believe they will be able to keep their websites but have a "call for price or to order" rather than a "buy me online" button.

My first EDC for an E1-HA. I dropped it and the blub went a few days after getting it. There were no spare lamps in the UK and I was lead to believe online six E1's. The shopped swapped my E1-HA for the E1-GM that was the only one left and I've enjoyed flawless E Series bulb performance since then with all models.

When SureFire released the Elite, I got to field-test the E2e. I ended up getting the E1e when the KL1 was released so I could have a choice. It turned out I didn't really like the balance or output of the E1e+KL1 compared to the E2e+KL1 or L1 so now the E1e sits on the SureFire shelf.

I'm glad the Elite versions replaced the E1/E2 and I think you've made the right choice to the the Elite version.

Al

kalieaire

Newly Enlightened
We need a reseller that's willing to sell to a private purchaser and the private purchaser sell to us. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

heh heh.

kalieaire

Newly Enlightened
i dunno, i bought my e1 back in 2001 and the tail cap locked out.

i turned it and pushed it and it wouldn't go on. then when i turned it back in, and pushed the button, it would go on. what's up with that?