Brightest 1x(18650\26650) continuous lumen led flashlight

lidor7777

Newly Enlightened
Hi there. I am a combat soldier and im looking for the best flashlight out there.
I need to light up fields sometimes, and big areas, like trails in jungels and stuff like that.
My unit gave me the exellent flashlight ledlenser M7R which is a nice flashlight but only 400 lumen.
I am serching for a stronger conitinues lumen output out-of-the-box flashlight.
I saw flashlights with strong output like the acebeam ec50 gen II with 3000 lumen,
but there is a series lumen drops after 15 minutes. So Im looking for the brightest 18650\26650
one battery flashlight, with continues lumen output till the battey dies.
(a little bit bigger than a EDC flashlight,like my M7R flashlight).
I am looking for a combination between flood and beam, little bit more floodier light.
My budget is up to 150$ ~~~
Thank you very much for your professional help!! And sorry about my bad English.

ven

Flashaholic
Hi there, your going to struggle sustaining much over 1000lm with an 18650 light, there are some 2x 18650 and 2000lm lights that can sustain 1000lm. Most 18650 lights are good for 400lm ish continuous due to heat and lack of mass. Any that can have a 1000lm turbo or boost mode will step down in 2 or 3 mins , again due to heat.

The 26650 size(similar size to the m7) is a good happy medium for output/performance.

Vinh has done a real good job with the olight r50vn, the xhp50 shaved dome gives decent throw and still plenty of bright/wide spill.
http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/showthread.php?421250-R50vn-Best-26650-Light
r50vn for size

This will still step down due to the heat(as will any other single cell 2000+ lumen light). For the longer run times and good output, look at the medium and high mode levels for a guide. Turbo or boost is just that, for short blasts, scanning area and of course the WOW factor.

If you want/need 3000lm continuous, really you will need to jump up in size to a 4 cell light with a bit of mass to help the heat sinking.

:welcome:

peter yetman

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ven's right, most high powered lights step down after a bit.
Just around your budget is a 18650 Malkoff Hound Dog, it will sustain close to 1000Lm as long as you cell will last. They do a larger version too, have a look.
Nice throw and useful spill, built like a brick outhouse.
P

radiopej

Enlightened
The new Klarus XT11GT puts out 2000 lumens from a single 18650, and is rechargeable. It does it for 1 hour, though obviously the way the ANSI standards are set up its not on 2000 lumens the whole time. Instant high, low and strobe options if needed.

I reviewed the XT11S, which is a less powerful version but virtually identical. That thing was practically built to be bombproof.

If you're staying on 18650 that's my recommendation.

If you want a bit more run time, then the 26650 lights aren't much bigger and will definitely help you.

scout24

Flashaholic
A huge, huge +1 for the Malkoff Hound Dog 18650. Can't say enough good things about this for a hard use heavy duty light.

Going_Supernova

Enlightened
Hi there. I am a combat soldier and im looking for the best flashlight out there.
I need to light up fields sometimes, and big areas, like trails in jungels and stuff like that.
My unit gave me the exellent flashlight ledlenser M7R which is a nice flashlight but only 400 lumen.
I am serching for a stronger conitinues lumen output out-of-the-box flashlight.
I saw flashlights with strong output like the acebeam ec50 gen II with 3000 lumen,
but there is a series lumen drops after 15 minutes. So Im looking for the brightest 18650\26650
one battery flashlight, with continues lumen output till the battey dies.
(a little bit bigger than a EDC flashlight,like my M7R flashlight).
I am looking for a combination between flood and beam, little bit more floodier light.
My budget is up to 150$ ~~~
Thank you very much for your professional help!! And sorry about my bad English.

What army are you in?

jorn

Flashlight Enthusiast
You need four times the lumens for your eyes to see it as twice as bright. So dont expect a 1000 lumen light to look over twice as bright as a 400 lumen light.
If you need something rugged and heavy duty build that wont break. Go for a malkoff.

vadimax

Flashlight Enthusiast
My vote goes to... Olight R40 Seeker. This is an old model with "only" 1100 lm at max, but it runs at its max possible level till a battery depletes (output drops, of course, but that depends on battery charge, not heat protection). While all those fancy new lights drop down after several minutes at best.

Last edited:

vadimax

Flashlight Enthusiast
There is a Lumintop TD16 XP-L. But it has thermal management and I have no idea how much this affects max output.

Should mention Armytek throwers as well, but they have issues with quality -- you may win or lose -- a lottery.

Loomun

Newly Enlightened
Fenix FD40 would be a good choice, 1k Lumens, you can zoom in and out and it uses either an 18650 or a 26650. I use a 26650 in mine.

Swedpat

Flashlight Enthusiast
Welcome to CPF!

Fenix PD40 puts out 1000lm for close to 1,5 hours according to some reports. It has a burst mode of 1600lm but this is more like a lumen selling gimmick, available only with the battery at 4V(for a few minutes) or above. But at 1000lm it provides great performance.