How did you end up at CPF?

naromtap

Enlightened
I joined CPF after buying a lil V9 Micro - Lenser from a camping shop & an E2e from a Britsh Blades dealer then got hooked & searched the net for sommit like "best LED" or perhaps "brightest LED", not sure now but, eventually came across Mr Bulk's VIP on his Mod site & was sold instantly, e-mailed him on the off chance I had'nt missed the boat, thankfully a life raft was left ashore & I paddled it out to the V.I.P boat picking up a few lights on the way, ended up sommit like 286th on the list. I've managed to drag a few friends down with me since, tho a few non-believers feel I'm in need of therapy, I can live with that as at no point have I ever claimed to be the full shilling.

"twas a Woman, no Hawaian, who drove me to drink, no flashaholism & I never had the courtesy to thank him"

W.C.., no, err, naromtap.

paulr

Flashaholic
I clicked on a link from a Slashdot thread about LED flashlights.

Ordin_Aryguy

Newly Enlightened
Wandered in after reading a crazy thread over at BladeForums where some German clown was making wild claims about his new flashlights... one of the contributers to that thread is also a regular here and mentioned the existence of this place.

...Of course, then I HAD to find out what it was all about.

Ordin

Atomic6

Flashlight Enthusiast
Linked-over from Spyderco Forum........First few views I thought the CPF'ers were nuts. Having been here for a while now---I know they are! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
I was invited here around early August 2000 by another CPFer (a fellow flashlight reviewer named Brock N.). It took me a few days to get around to it, then I registered, and the rest is history. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

raggie33

*the raggedier*
ok i loved leds i readed about em i always wanted one a led flashlight so one day i did the ggogle thing and i ended up here i posted expected a response in a few days but like 10 minutes later i got a response.and now i live here i have beeen so lucky to met ya all this site rocks

JonSidneyB

Flashlight Enthusiast
I found this place while searching for single cell 123 lights as a companion to my 6z. Didnt find any, I had to hang out here till someone made them and then just stuck around.

Lebkuecher

Flashlight Enthusiast
I was in Target and bought a led flashlight, I was fascinated by the technology so I started searching the web for more information and came across the CPF. This was about 600.00 dollars ago. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/help.gif My girlfriend thinks I'm nuts but she loves the Arc AAA on her key chain. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

14C

Enlightened
Yeah, raggie, agreed. If I ever hit the slots I am going to send Craig enough green EL wire to let him make himself look like a mutant Borg.

sstrauss

Newly Enlightened
IIRC it went from bladeforums to Don Rearics site to CPF. Or maybe it was a search on the PAL light.
SCott

LukeK

Enlightened
I was looking around online trying to find info about 5mm LEDs, as well as a reliable store to purchase from. Originally I wanted to do a 2D Mag modification with a whole bunch of white 5mm LEDs. Anyhow a link on one particular site (Don't remember the site) led me here, in which I was coereced into buying a 5W Luxeon and a Hotlips heatsink!

Skyline

Enlightened
Learned about CPF's creation at BFC and the old SF Forums, and then wandered here. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

pjandyho

Flashlight Enthusiast
Got to know about it from a friend who is not really active in CPF. Felt like a perfectly normal man and this is where I stay.