I guess this kid got what he deserved

kongfuchicken

Flashlight Enthusiast
megadub_wife.gif
Must have felt good.
I'm surprised that these parents didn't blow up sooner...
Mine have a one stike policy.

pjandyho

Flashlight Enthusiast
Parents ought to be strict on their kids and I think this guy is doing some good to his. I would not tolerate if my kid is a little rascal like his son.

raggie33

*the raggedier*
dang i cant iamgine doing that kinda stuff at that age. the ps2 would been the start but id get punished a lot more then that.my dad was pretty strict but also very fair but he wouldnt put up with me doing that kinda stuff

PlayboyJoeShmoe

Flashaholic
My Dad was very fair.

Once when I pilfered a Hot Wheels car from a store, he made me go in and pay for it (and explain why!) before we went home and got the belt!

But he made me try beer (YUCK!) and try smoking (Double YUCK!) so I never ever took to either one.

And messing around in HIS house? Nope. THAT was what Tony's house was for! (But of course his mom knew EVERYTHING - but was damn cool!).

I think I grew up with a real good sense of right and wrong.

I think this parent was smidgen slow on the up take, but this should get some results!

jtice

Flashaholic
Man, thats funny,,,, and sad at the same time.

I would have beat his A**..... then took his PS2 and played it, in front of him every day, not letting him touch it.
Maybe even rig up a kill switch on it, so it couldnt be played when I wasnt there. muuuuhahahahahaha

Lurker

Flashlight Enthusiast
Don't you think this might just be the "story" of why he is selling the thing and not the truth. It's like when selling a car, no one ever says they are selling it because it is a lemon, but because they "have to" due to financial considerations, etc. They say, "I really don't want to part with this cream puff." Yeah, right.

They guy probably spends all day playing with his new X-Box and wanted to cash in on the old crappy play station. I bet he doesn't even have a kid.

Many details in the story do not add up. The most obvious: Dom Perignon Champaign does not contain a "cork" and cannot be opened with a cork screw. It contains a plastic stopper that pops off with a little twisting. Also, nearly every sentence has spelling and/or grammatical errors. Probably written by a 7th grader.

Note that the picture used is not the actual item, but a catalog picture. I wouldn't be surprised if the whole auction is a scam and the "winner" gets ripped off entirely.

Greta

Flashaholic
Um... actually... Dom DOES have a cork with a little wire "basket" over it. You remove the "basket" and thumb the cork out the same way you do the plastic ones. You are correct though that you don't need a corkscrew. But honestly, a kid wouldn't know that... they see a cork and they grab a corkscrew.

[ QUOTE ]
.... WITH PART OF A CORK AND THE LITTLE METAL THING BACK ON TOP!

[/ QUOTE ]

That's a pretty accurate description of how a kid would handle a bottle of Dom.

I do think there is something with this though.... as Lurker said, the spelling and grammar leave much to be desired... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon6.gif

14C

Enlightened
The cheap stuff has the plastic stopper...:) However the cork on good Champagne does not usually break apart like the sork on some wines...at least not without some effort....

I never saw a bugle with a slide though. Trumpet ot Cornet yes...bugle no.

Lurker

Flashlight Enthusiast
OK, you got me with the cork in Dom Perignon. I guess I have opened a lot more cheap champaign than Dom. I still think the whole story sounds very fishy and I wouldn't be surprised if it were the 13 year old in the story who wrote the whole thing, recounting his own antics, and is selling the item for his own benefit and his own reasons rather than punishment.

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
[ QUOTE ]
14C said:
I never saw a bugle with a slide though. Trumpet ot Cornet yes...bugle no.

[/ QUOTE ]
Of brass wind instruments, I thought only trombones had slides... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon15.gif :toliet: /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon15.gif ...guess I was mistaken.

14C

Enlightened
TRIVIA ALERT!!!!!!!

Craig the Cornet and Trumpet have small slides that can be used to tune the instruments. They are not used to play them, as the trombone slide is. They are usually adjusted and left in position.

daloosh

Flashaholic*,
Yeah, man, you'd need an oar to spank a kid this size. Hope the negative inducement helped. Come to think of it, I don't think I've ever had Dom Perignon. Don't really like champagne, so doesn't matter much if its Cristal or Cliquot or Martini & Rossi Asti Spumante...

daloosh