Lampassemblies, how do i know what model they are?

2Sharp

Newly Enlightened
Bought some Sure-Fire stuff, got a bunch of lampassemblies, i think they are for the E1 i got, but how would i know?
Apparently they should be marked with a number/letter code, i sure as XXXX can't find any numbers or letter on them?

Looked at the lampassembly for my E2D, it isn't marked either?

What am i missing? HELP!

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

2Sharp

Newly Enlightened
Re: Lampassemblies, how do i know what model they

Damn man, they are microscopic subtle then!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif Just can't find them...

Thanks for the help, i have a tan based one?? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

All these cool acc. for my Sire-Fire lights speak to the Gadgeteer in me.. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

KevinL

Flashlight Enthusiast

Oh, actually what I meant was that the color is the marking. There are no actual letters on the lamp. Sorry if I gave you the wrong idea. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

As far as I know there is no tan, so I'm guessing you got the white one. It's the closest match, because it can't be black (MN01) or blue (MN02). It should be the same color as your E2D's lamp.

2Sharp

Newly Enlightened

Ok! Weird, one of the LA was NIP and had a note that said it should be marked by numbers? doh..
Quote from note: "The MNxx lamps are identified by a number on the lamp collar, see illustrations" weird...

One is black, one is white and one is clearly tan! The one for my E2D is white.

Oh well, i'll just try'em out and be happy i guess /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Xrunner

Flashlight Enthusiast

[ QUOTE ]
2Sharp said:
Oh well, i'll just try'em out and be happy i guess /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

As long as you switch the MN03 or MN02 that will work fine, but if a MN01 (black base) gets in a 2 cell light you will see a bright flash with no light after that /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif.

-Mike

2Sharp

Newly Enlightened

Oook, seems like an easy advice, thanks /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif