Suggest some good Audible.com audio books

flownosaj

Flashlight Enthusiast
Okay, now that I'm getting stocked up with a hi-cap portable audio unit for Christmas, I'm going to get some new audio-books.
I presently have some on CD that were excelent--the last "Harry Potter" book, "Skipping Christmas", and "The Family" to name a few. I'm planning on taking advantage of having the whole book stored on one itty bitty iPod and not lugging around a stack of 20 or more CD's on my next car trip. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Although I like to read, I usually can't find the time to do it any more. It seems that I have pleny of time to read while I'm driving to work, waiting in long lines or doing other brainless tasks like walking or listening to my wife. However, I do think that it would be in bad taste to have my eyeballs pasted on a page during any of those activities--hazardous to my health and all. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

I'm thinking of getting some books that are really good to listen to. I'm not really talking about "bestsellers", but I want to know what you guys have heard and liked. There's a difference between a good book that the reader can really get you into and a good book that the reader seems like he/she's ready to put you to sleep with.

I really like any kind of book--mystery, sci-fi, biography, historical--as long as it can capture and hold my attention. Presently I'm thinking of the "Da Vinci Code" and John Stewart's new book "America." Any other recomendations?

Latest posts