new SF KL1 a 1Watt or 3Watt?

CQB

Enlightened
i tried to search for this answer but didnt find anything...

Is the newest SF KL1 using a LuxI or a LuxIII?

I've heard there actually is NOT such a thing as a "1 watt Luxeon" or a "3 watt Luxeon" even though these terms are commonly used. The correct terminology apparently is "LuxI" and "LuxIII". Is this correct? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

I have the new KL1 and I have to say my guess would be it uses a luxIII. The packaging says it's a "3 Watt Luxeon" but the literature INSIDE the packaging quotes a "1 Watt Luxeon" which parrallels the SF website too - hence the confusion.... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

tks
CQB

CQB

Enlightened
THanks buddy! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif

I'm going to try to read your MicroFAQ more often before posting... my bad. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif Damn, that must have been LOTS of work to put that together, eh? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bowdown.gif

KevinL

Flashlight Enthusiast
You're welcome /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif Naah, occasionally I see a topic pop a couple of times and I just do a little bit of cutting and pasting. It's the MicroFAQ because I keep it short, for more detailed answers, there is no substitute for reading the actual threads themselves, that's where the real info is.

I like your sig, "Some reasons I am broke" /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

GR

Newly Enlightened
So, I bought 2 KL1s (4th Gen.) from a local shop last month marked "3 WATT" on the packaging. Last week, I picked one up at Cabela's that's marked "1 WATT".
Is there any difference between these heads?
Brightness seems about the same, but what about run time, etc...?
The above mentioned FAQ doesn't address differences in the nomenclature on SureFire's packaging. Why do they mark them different if there're not?