The ULTIMATE STEALTHLIGHT ! NEW Prototype info

Status
Not open for further replies.

bwaites

Flashlight Enthusiast
The new year brings news of the newest iteration of the light previously known as the "MULE"

In collaberation with Jim Sexton (js) of Tigerlight mods and Surefire M6-Rechargeable fame, and in consultation with Wilkey Wong (Ginseng) of Aurora fame, the "Mule" has been redesigned.

The new light, henceforth call the "Ultimate Stealthlight" or US, or US light or USL, will be configured as follows:

UNIVERSAL POWER SUPPLY!
Size 2D
Nonregulated
Runtime-Approx. 12 minutes, may be extended if not continuous.
Bulb Lumen Output-3800-4000, this translates to approx. 2500-3000 out the front, More than 3 times the output of the Tiger85 or Mag85!!!
Body will be Mag 2D based, with a 2" reflector as stock, and hopefully a 3", extra cost reflector as an option.
We will use an axial filament primary bulb, so the 2" inch reflector will be sufficient for most people, with the larger head an option for those who wish to use a different bulb at their discretion.

This may be the ULTIMATE STEALTH light using the 2" head.

Cost-Approx. $300 including batteries and fast charger.

This light is now in preliminary testing and will be available in the not to distant future to 3 Beta Testers for further evaluation.

I have decided, after consultation with several of the involved parties, to limit runtime due to heat issues.

Now the disclaimer!

This light will get VERY hot if run time is extended over 5-7 minutes. It CAN literally BURN something if you are not careful. It should NOT be used around small children who might grab it while hot, or in any circumstances where someone or something might be burned.

This thread should be considered the preliminary sign up thread for the new light, understanding the above disclaimer and run time limits. Those on the previous interest list maintain there spots if they desire.

Please copy and paste as you add your name.

Bill

1)MrBulk (by previous discussion)

JimH

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: The ULTIMATE STEALTHLIGHT !

2)underdog
3)JimH (tentative based on future development, esp. Mule Jr.)

WB

Newly Enlightened

2)underdog
4)WB

Raindrop

Enlightened

Add me to the list /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

2)underdog
4)WB
5)Raindrop

~Greg

udaman

Banned

Ok, I read the former "Mule" thread along time ago, which I think got changed to HiPro something or another name I can't easily remember, correct? Or is there another thread?

bwaites, can you edit your initial post to include link to the thread which gives more specifics/information on this light for those newbies or those who have not committed everything to memory?

Is this now, 'true' D-cell diameter, or are we still talking about the Mule's 'big-hands' oversize diameter? Are we still talking about the same battery pack(s)/lenght(s)/capacities or are new options available?

Stealth with in the broad definition that is looks close to a M*glite, but has a fixed lamp assembly that cannot use the cammed operation of a fully functional M*glite modification?

Which axial bulb, same as before...which is what for those that don't remember? Or are there now more options; specs on this/these bulb/s, expected lifespan in overdrive conditions?

Do you have fivemega's 3in head as an option (given oversized D-cell body, it would not fit on this 'Mule' light, correct?), because that could help with heat issues? Can you make mod to try this, or have you tried this already?

To be more 'stealthy' (I know it depends on one's definition /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/twakfl.gif ) it should be black HAII, but surely to be 'ultimate' we need same color black of a M*glite, but in HAIII, correct?

Umm, I guess that's about it for a "few" initial questions; I reserve the right to follow-up questions...of course /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

BVH

Flashaholic

Count me in!! I WANT one!

2)underdog
4)WB
5)Raindrop
6)BVH

cue003

Flashlight Enthusiast

2)underdog
4)WB
5)Raindrop
6)BVH
7)cue003

Thanks.

Bill, I am a little confused. I understand that this is a re-engineer of the mule but is there still goin going to be a "Mule Jr." (2C size)? Sorry if I missed something somewhere.

Curtis

CroMAGnet

Flashlight Enthusiast

That sounds like an awesome light! I would be more interested in 1500 Lumens out the front and a 30 min run time to make it more useful. I find the Tiger11 29-min too short at times. But that is a "F/U man" light! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/buttrock.gif

bwaites

Flashlight Enthusiast

This will appear as a stock Mag 2D.

FiveMega's head is being considered as an option. (I need to order one to check some dimensions.) However the original Fat Body Mule, as well as the original Mule, both could also use stock sized Mag Heads. Another 3" head is my prime candidate, however. Though the larger headed prototype does help some with heat, it still does not reduce it enough to make me believe that it would be safe to go with a larger battery to allow more run time.

The bulb, at this point, will remain confidential. It will be a fixed focus lamp, that can be adjusted while off and then fixed as you like the spill/spot to be. We will not be sued by Maglite!

A LOLA in the 50 watt class is being considered but will not be part of the initial offering.

It will be anodized, but not HAIII due to cost and mainbody stealth issues.

You can search for the MULE threads or here it is full length: (And NO Udaman, I don't care to read your explanation on my thread of how to shorten it, nor criticism that I didn't)!!

http://www.candlepowerforums.com/ubbthreads/showflat.php?Cat=&Number=654027&page=1&view=collapsed&sb=5&o=365&fpart=1

Finally, the Ultimate Stealthlight JR. in a 2-3C body is still a work in progress and will probably show its head in 4-6 months, (just a guess based on the length of time this one is taking!!)

Bill

MR Bulk

Flashaholic

Hmmm, if it takes 5 seconds to blind the typical assailant, then with 12 minutes I could take out 144 of them - oh wait, that 12 minute runtime is when left constantly on, and a 5-second blast at a time is actually - intermittent usage... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/naughty.gif

tvodrd

*Flashaholic* ,

2)underdog
4)WB
5)Raindrop
6)BVH
7)cue003
8)tvodrd

rick258

Enlightened

2)underdog
4)WB
5)Raindrop
6)BVH
7)cue003
8)tvodrd
9) sky
10) rick258

Catman10

Enlightened

2)underdog
4)WB
5)Raindrop
6)BVH
7)cue003
8)tvodrd
9) sky
10) rick258
11) Catman10

xpitxbullx

Flashlight Enthusiast

2)underdog
4)WB
5)Raindrop
6)BVH
7)cue003
8)tvodrd
9) sky
10) rick258
11) Catman10
12) xpitxbullx

lmcmann

Newly Enlightened

2)underdog
4)WB
5)Raindrop
6)BVH
7)cue003
8)tvodrd
9) sky
10) rick258
11) Catman10
12) xpitxbullx
13) lmcmann (tentative based on more research, but very probable <g>)

sygyzy

Enlightened

2)underdog
4)WB
5)Raindrop
6)BVH
7)cue003
8)tvodrd
9) sky
10) rick258
11) Catman10
12) xpitxbullx
13) lmcmann (tentative based on more research, but very probable <g>)
14) sygyzy

KevinL

Flashlight Enthusiast

[ QUOTE ]
bwaites said:
Finally, the Ultimate Stealthlight JR. in a 2-3C body is still a work in progress and will probably show its head in 4-6 months, (just a guess based on the length of time this one is taking!!)

[/ QUOTE ]

Now we're talkin'.... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif I think I'll wait for this one.

Just to inquire, can the battery pack be charged on a Maha C777Plus2 pack charger? How much for this light (the 2D stealthlight) without charger?

bwaites

Flashlight Enthusiast

The 2D Ultimate Stealthlight price is discussed in the first post on the thread. (Cost approx. $300)

And yes the pack can be charged on any charger which will handle 12 cells in serial.

Bill

Status
Not open for further replies.