Any recommandation for Arc AAA subsitude?

unaryunix

Newly Enlightened
Hi, everyone:
I am new to the LED side.
While still enjoying my e2e everyday, I realized that it is simply too bright for many daily tasks. What I need is a "reasonablly" bright mini-light(walking around a dark room) that has long life, significently smaller and lighter than the e2e, and have a clip for hat-mount operations. Of course, what I had described is Arc AAA, whihc is getting hard to find. Any suggestions?
Thanks
unary

davidra

Enlightened
The only one that's close is Peak LED solutions...one of the sponsors. Go to the Banner forum and find their banner..they are an excellent replacement, especially with the lugtail body which we're awaiting.

unaryunix

Newly Enlightened
Thanks!
Just checked them out at flashlightreviews.com
Very interesting.
The only thing bothers me is the lack of build-in clip. The extra clamp thingy is jus another piece to carry/lose in a trip. If a suitble clip can be found, this light would be ideal companion for my e2e

powernoodle

Flashlight Enthusiast
You could just keep your eyes peeled for an Arc AAA here at B/S/T. I saw one last week shipped for $35, and currently a "second" is offered for $40. Thats not much more than a new Peak. For example, I just ordered a Peak AAA "ultra-power" with the Arc-style body, and it was about $30 before shipping.

best regards

ssteven1

Newly Enlightened
Have you tried the infinity ultra. It is bigger and heavier than the arc but is much smaller than the surefire. Also the .5x1AAA that has been talked about recently is supposed to be fairly bright and still be a little smaller than the ultra. Both come with clips and are under 30$

paulr

Flashaholic
The Arc didn't have a built-in clip either; it came with a slide-on clip like ballpoint pens sometimes have. Normally though, you'd put this type of light on your keys, rather than clipping it in your pocket.

Peak has a lug-body light that's just about an exact clone of the Arc except dimmer (longer runtime). They have an ultra-power version (comparable to Arc) with a different body type that I don't like as much. I don't see anything on their site about an ultra-power version in the Arc-like body. Powernoodle, how did you order yours?

I have a long review of the Peak lug-body light in the Reviews section, see over there if interested.

cy

Flashaholic
unaryunix, I've got ARC AAA-P & std available. body condition will be from mint to worn. $85 to $45 shipped conus. insurance is extra. Please PM if interested.

powernoodle

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
paulr said:
I don't see anything on their site about an ultra-power version in the Arc-like body. Powernoodle, how did you order yours?

[/ QUOTE ]

Paul - I sent an email to their "custom shop", or whatever they call it, and ordered it that way. Going from hi-power to ultra-power was an extra $5 on top of the $24.95 or so for the Arc-body light. I want to compare it to the Arc, but anticipate that the Arc is still more floody and brighter (which is my preference).

best regards