Is it possible?

Cornkid

Flashlight Enthusiast
Now that I have heard of the reliability of Tritium vials..

Is there any way that one could fasten a tiny tritium vial into the bezel of a E1l in the little ring-like depression. THAT WOULD BE COOL!! An e1l with a Tritium vial locator.. Do such tiny vials exist?

( If so.. where would I get one without getting into trouble? )

-tom

WildRice

Flashlight Enthusiast
There is a guy on ebay that is selling some really small ones. I dont have a link, but search for 'tritium'. I believe some people here got some.
Jeff

VidPro

Flashlight Enthusiast
from what i seen, try and get the largest that will fit.
they may glow forever, and in the dark stand out like a sore thumb, but they are not very high in output.

Cornkid

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yes.. I am a camper and dont want to lose my precious lights. How would you recommend I glue them into the bezel? Is there a particular glue that works best?
-tom

wquiles

Flashaholic
Two-part clear epoxy is what I would use. I would also lightly sand the surfaces to allow the epoxy a better grip.

Will

Robban

Enlightened
If you drop your light out in the woods you'd have to be pretty lucky to be able to see that tiny tritium vial unless you where close, in complete darkness, and the vial was pointed straight at you. The glow is quite dim. It does look pretty sweet though /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif