16 Color 5W LED Light

AW

Newly Enlightened
Seeing the amazing 16 level brightness flashlight offered by fellow CPFer waion. I was inspired to make a different breed of LED flashlight. I obtained a multi-color 5W LED lamp module and decided to put it to work in a 3D Maglite. It is however, I found another better housing which is a metal vintage work lamp from the 60's and better fit for it's purpose of a multi-task lamp. The lamp module can emit up to 16 different colors with four brightness levels. And best of all, it can be operated by a remote control. The beam is a flood type beam which provides good general area illumination. The white beam is not very white and has a bluish tint. With the remote control, I can pick from any of the 16 color available anytime I want or let it flash/ strobe/fade/smooth alternates in cycles ( disco lightning or signaling ). It is running on two protected 18500s and the runtime on max. brightness is about 2+ hours.

PICT0181.jpg

PICT0179.jpg

PICT0186.jpg

PICT0187.jpg

PICT0191.jpg

PICT0193.jpg

AW

Newly Enlightened
If there is sufficient interest, I 'll offer the lamp module ( MR16 5W 12V DC/AC ) + remote control unit + AC adaptor & bi-pin holder w/ switch. You 'll have to find your own mod host. The module will run on two LiIon ( current draw 600mA ) or 3 LiLon ( current draw 400mA ).

AW

Newly Enlightened
Hi Jeff,

Yes. That thing with the fins is a heat sink. However, the lamp is only warm to the touch because it is only drawing 400 - 600 mA.

AW

MorpheusT1

Flashlight Enthusiast
WOW!

What are the Lumens rating on that Led?

I`d really like to see one of those or three in a Mag2c Dimmable /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Kiessling

Flashaholic
WOW !!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif
Great /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif
We are getting pretty close to a "dial your color" light finally! Can't wait to have something like this in a smaller and nicer form factor!
AW /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif
Way to go !
bernie

IsaacHayes

Flashlight Enthusiast
If only there was a dial your color with a tight beam in a mag reflector, I'd only have 2 mag lights! LOL! This would be cool for contrable mood lighting for your house. Make a mini club downstairs!! Or change the color of your bed room at night depending on your mood!!

Digging that purple color.

PhotonWrangler

Flashaholic
That is really cool! I love the marriage of a vintage housing with modern lighting technology; an LED retro-lamp.
Nice job!
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/happy14.gif

Thunder

Newly Enlightened
Lmao
nice desgin only for personal use....
this mod is not quilt fit within Disco.
well keep working we are all looking on you and pushing. LoL