i think cable is out all over the world

raggie33

*the raggedier*
my cable went out but only one chanel and it was golf ewww well i tryied calling the 800 number and its busy never had that hapen before usaly ya just have to wait long time.so i figure it must be out all over. it came on some chanles now but there is messages like the programing it weird

LukeK

Enlightened
Mine's working fine. Haven't had any outages today.

PhotonWrangler

Flashaholic
No problems here either, although there was trouble last night at the satellite uplink facility for A&E and History Channmel (they come from the same uplink in Bristol, Ct) causing a national or regional outage of those services. There was a big storm passing over that area last night so I think it was related to atmospherics.

raggie33

*the raggedier*
charter most are working now i have no box the cable goes straight to tv

PhotonWrangler

Flashaholic
[ QUOTE ]
bwaites said:
Photon,

That's where ESPN is also, IIRC, and no problems with it!

bill

[/ QUOTE ]

Exactly, Bill. A&E and History Channel are a Hearst/ABC network and I believe they use the ESPN uplink facilities. Interesting that ESPN didn't go out though. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

Saaby

Flashaholic
If it's still out try calling again. Good chance they'll just tell you there's an outage in your area, but you never know.

Cable companies (I worked for Cox in their support dept) don't actually know that the cable is out until you call them, same with internet. There's no red light that comes on, which is pretty lame I think. Sucks because you're on hold forever because they are too cheap to staff enough people. Be courteous to the person on the other end, people get irrationally pissed off when the cable goes out.