ever email some one famoes?

raggie33

*the raggedier*
well there is a band i realy used to like called black and blue i know non of ya may of heard em they never became real real famoues but i always liked them.the guys name is tommy thayer btw he also was with kiss for a while im sure ya heard a kiss /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif.well he emailed me back seems to be a nice guy .btw if ya can ever find a black and blue cd check it out there very good.has any of ya ever talked to some one ya wanted to that was famoues?

LaserFreak

Enlightened
I have a friend that's pretty famous in the music biz...I email him at least once a month...those famous people are busy though....

PhotonWrangler

Flashaholic
I've met and briefly spoken to Garrison Keillor on two occasions. As far as email correspondence, I've only got a handful of on-air lcoal radio talent in my address book. I did meet the drummer from a well-known country-western band once and we'd bump into each other on a regular basis several years ago. I forget the name of the band at the moment (Randy something-or-other I think).

UncleFester

Flashaholic*,
Not long after the World Trade Center attack, I emailed The White House and only got an automated response. The airlines were hurting and the law givers gave the industry multiple billions of dollars as a bailout. My suggestion was to instead give it to the travelers as a rebate. That way, the supporting infrastructer would receive the benefits as well when the passengers got a chance to fly "for free". Oh well, silly me for coming with such a harebrained scheme......

Sway

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well I have sent email to Darell before does that count /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/sssh.gif

Felt like I needed a bath afterwards..... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/nana.gif

Lurker

Flashlight Enthusiast
My wife meets famous people all the time. We'll be walking through an airport and all of a sudden she'll say "hey, there's Al Roker" and then she'll walk over and have a 5 minute conversation with the guy. She has done that with Al and about 4 local TV personalities within the past year. I could have walked past those same people 100 times and never recognized any of them.

PhotonWrangler

Flashaholic
I saw Dr. Andrew Weil in an airport once. I kept my distance and didn't bug him, but I was sorely tempted to say hello. I thnk that's the only famous person I've ever recognized in an airport.

PhotonWrangler

Flashaholic
On a flight I once sat next to a fellow who was a character actor who appeared in a couple of movies with Sammy Davis Jr. He was a nice guy and had a lot of interesting stories.

I also men Ernie Anderson once a long time ago. Most people have never seen him but have heard him for many years. He was The Voice of ABC-TV for a long time and was probably best known for the way he pronounced "The Loooooooove Boat" in their promos. What a great set of pipes. His son, Paul Anderson, is a filmmaker in Hollywood.

Also ran across the Wayans Brothers several times before they hit it big.

offroadcmpr

Enlightened
I met richard dean anderson one time.
I used to work at a local hardware store, and I was in the seasonal department selling christmas trees and patio furniture. I helped him tie a tree onto the top of his car. He was pretty nice.

Neg2LED

Flashlight Enthusiast
ive sat two rows back from Reubens Barrichello (Ferrari F1 Driver) on a flight to hong kong - i got upgraded from business class to first because they overbooked business.

me and my dad had a chat with him and got his e-mail, but im not telling anyone!

ANYONE!

neg