Are Twisties All Backwards? **Update** [YES]

Status
Not open for further replies.

TooManyGizmos

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Are Twisties All Backwards?

~

But normally .. we thread a nut onto a bolt with a right-twist motion .

The bolt sticks out of something , we twist the nut to the right.

~

diesel79

Enlightened

Exactly. Tailstand the body and thread on the head. Report back with what direction you turn the head on. Im gonna say to the right, clockwise.

TooManyGizmos

Flashlight Enthusiast

~
When a bolt is sticking out of an engine block , and we want to thread on a nut ....

which way do you turn your fingers ? ... Get back with me on that .

~

Tommygun45

Enlightened

Sorry but your logic here doesn't logically make sense to me. I mean why is there a righty tighty rule? We screw a screw into a wall and we screw the screw to the right. The screw is the piece that we are moving. It is the piece that we are manipulating. We wouldn't turn the wall to screw the screw in, just like we shouldn't turn the body of a light to turn the head in. The head is smaller. The body is the body. Do you turn your entire body to turn and speak to someone next to you, or do you just turn your head? That is an example of physical efficiency.

Also, you prove my point. "It's the way threads work." Exactly. It's how threads should work. But when using a flashlight, its backwards! Therefore, when manufacturing flashlights, they should make the threads work the other way. And no one is tailstanding their light and turning the head on. These are keychain lights typically. My Revo can't even tailstand! They are on keychains. They are intended to be operated with one hand.

Of course you can change your perspective, but that's not the point! The light should work the way its supposed to for its intended purpose, intuitively! Not by positioning it in an unrealistic manner to make it seem natural.

To me it still follows the simple righty tighty method. The head of the light is the nut and the body is the bolt. Depending on how its facing it may seem backwards but still follows the same rules. Take a bolt and face the open end away from you and thread a nut on it, same way a twisty works. I don't feel its backwards at all, just the way threads work.

Exactly. Tailstand the body and thread on the head. Report back with what direction you turn the head on. Im gonna say to the right, clockwise.

~

But we don't tail stand the body when we use it one-handed - to turn it on.

~

Last edited:

TooManyGizmos

Flashlight Enthusiast

~

"But we don't tail stand the body when we use it one-handed - to turn it on."

HaHa ........ I already beat you to that one ... while you wuz typin .

~

Tommygun45

Enlightened

Haha no I was trying to quote you in there but I don't know how to add more than one quote to a reply yet. Too much html'ing for me. I was just trying to show my agreement with you.
~

"But we don't tail stand the body when we use it one-handed - to turn it on."

HaHa ........ I already beat you to that one ... while you wuz typin .

~

diesel79

Enlightened

This is a good thread. Lol. I guess im not having the same dilema with mine.

Last edited:

TooManyGizmos

Flashlight Enthusiast

~

We ARE ... a revolutionary ... RADICAL bunch.

~

We are NEVER satisfied with what's currently available.

~

We always feel the need to change the design ... to OUR needs .

~

Some call it Whinning .... I prefer to call it seeking PROGRESS ~

~

Last edited:

diesel79

Enlightened

So are we talking about twisting the head onto the body or twisting the body into the head? Whoa that was deep. If your twisting the body into the head then it follows the standard way we think. Such as a screw into a wall.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.