Battlestar Galactica

daloosh

Flashaholic*,
I'm gonna watch. I was afraid I'd hate the changes in the new series, but they are refreshing.

So Siriuslite, how did you get to see them?

Hey, I just read that the show started its European run last October. Why do we have to wait!?!

cheers
daloosh

Starshiptrupr

Newly Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
siriuslite said:
I think this show is going to clean Star Trek Enterprises clock when the series gets into the main stream.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm thinking this also, after just seeing the "movie" (Which I finally got on dvd!) and the previews of the series. I'm taping B.G. and Enterprise tonight, the latter being more of an afterthought. I guess I'm a sci-fi junkie and I just found a better fix.

guncollector

Enlightened
I'll be watching. Why, well, because, let's see, 8-8:30 is kid's night-night watching of Spongebob before bed. 8:30-9 is actually getting them to sleep. By 9pm, anything non-kid-related is entertainment.

daloosh

Flashaholic*,
Hey now that's it's past, I enjoyed it, but was nervous thru the whole thing. They are just surrounded by bad things waiting to happen! I miss a little the happy go lucky days of old.

daloosh

Mednanu

Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
BruiseLee said:...I wasn't even going to bother watching it. I mean, everyone got turned into either a woman or an Englishman.

[/ QUOTE ]
<font color="blue">LOL !</font> My sentiments exactly BruiseLee. I don't mind if you want to add some new characters who happen to be women, but I thought it was kind of tasteless to give some of the old characters a sex change. While I think the new actresses who fill Starbuck's and Boomer's spots do a great job in and of themselves, I don't believe that the original characters should have been disrespected in such a manner by giving them a gender change. Heck if you want to add more women, just add two new ones with different names - it's not like you have to raise them from kids....you just write two new ones into the script already - it's pretty straightforward. And for everyone who might think I have it out for the ladies, I want to let you know that I would be equally (if not more so) dismayed if there was a male character playing the role of Cassiopia ( actually that might add a very humorous component to the show....but I don't think it was meant to be a space comedy ).

I also think Olmos does a good job as commander, but think he would be much better if he was more of hard-liner like in his previous days on Miami Vice - he plays the hardliner VERY well I think.

The other problem is that now I think <font color="red">Boomer is</font> '<font color="red">Hot</font>'....and I'm like totally straight. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

MichiganMan

Enlightened
Exactly. There was no reason to change Starbuck since, as you said, the female character could have just as effectively been added with a different name. Unfortunately all stunts like this do is distract from what could otherwise be a good character. For example, B5's Ivonava is a great character, in contrast the current Starbuck is a statement in the viewer's face, right down to the "oh she's so tough she even smokes cigars" This Too-Trendy-By-Half stuff always smacks of trying too hard and usually stands out like a sore thumb. I'll be waiting for the gay character next so the producers can show how brave and "edgy" they are.

Size15's

Flashaholic
What?! We have a TV show before you do? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/nana.gif

I've been watching - I actually think it's quite good. I thought Space Above and Beyond was better though. Battlestar Galactica has a larger scope though.

B5 and DS9 were much better shows in my opinion. But, Battlestar Galactica has a goal - find and get to "Earth" right? So it's different enough in a different enough "sci-fi" universe to good I think.

I used to think the woman in the red dress was really sexy. I've been giving this opinion some thought - Now I'm not so sure I find her face that attractive.

What do you think?

Al

Starshiptrupr

Newly Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
Size15's said:
I thought Space Above and Beyond was better though.

[/ QUOTE ]

I liked that show too. Didn't it tank (no pun intended) when a lot of the writers left to do Millennium?

[ QUOTE ]
Size15's said:
I used to think the woman in the red dress was really sexy. I've been giving this opinion some thought - Now I'm not so sure I find her face that attractive.
What do you think?

[/ QUOTE ]

She has a face too? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

83Venture

Enlightened
Was reading on the SciFi boards that people have been downloading and watching it from the net since it aired in Europe. Several comments concerning the entire season that we are just starting to see in the States. Those small detonators must have a big wallop to punch through a hull designed to withstand damage from ship launched weapons. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

Lebkuecher

Flashlight Enthusiast
Anyone know what kinds of flashlights are being used? I thought I saw a Surefire 10X Dominator but wasn't sure. They sure seemed bright.

Size15's

Flashaholic
Two years ago SureFire launched it's Sci-Fi Devision to develop new products specifically for the demands of science fiction. Many of these products are designed to be recharged between takes and are super bright for only a few minutes. They may use bodies and housings already made and modify them, or they may create new bodies or build the components into props etc.

Some are designed, for example to shut off when dropped or to dim out on demand. Others are created as scale models for forced-perspective or filtered for green-screen work.

These illumination tools are hired and remain owned by SureFire. In some cases a SureFire technician will be on set to operate and maintain them. You should watch for that in the credits.

Al

Size15's

Flashaholic
Or I could have just made that up... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/nana.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/evilgrin07.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

prescottrecorder

Newly Enlightened
I wonder if the actors can actually see anything with those helmet lights shining into their eyes. Makes no sense except of course to let the viewers have a clear view of who's behind the visor.

I like that the "sleeper" cylons seem a little conflicted about their loyalties.

Brock

Flashaholic
The lights in your face has bugged me forever. Any person who uses a light in the dark knows the worst thing you can do is shine it in your face. I know it is so we can see who is who, but its just nuts!

Latest posts