Battlestar Galactica

Size15's

Flashaholic
The lights inside their space helmets shining on their faces are not to show 'who is who' - they are in fact a special light filter to protect the user from harmful rays... I thought everybody knew that?! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif

Al

Brock

Flashaholic
Ya, that's it, they do that so your eyes adjust to the light so when you look at the sun (or more importantly the studio lighting) your set.

Lebkuecher

Flashlight Enthusiast
Anyone watching the reruns in HD on UNHVD? HD is so amazing in the difference in quality. I wish SCIFI would go HD so I could watch the new season in HD.

Omega Man

Flashlight Enthusiast
I was waiting for this thread to pop up!
I missed the last half hour of it tonight, but MAN was it good.

James S

Flashlight Enthusiast
How does this stuff get ahead of me? Oh, yea, it's cause I spend most of my conscious effort remembering to do things like pick up the kids, or drop off the kids or wake up the kids or something... Now I have to wait for it to replay :( But I can set the TiVO... Or maybe TiVO remembered!

Omega Man

Flashlight Enthusiast
Anyone catch the light Chief had when he went to his tent to find Amy missing? Showed a really good shot of it, but I couldn't identify it.
It looked like a Wolf Eyes, where the bezel and tailcap were the same size and shape.

Casual Flashlight User

Flashlight Enthusiast
Meh, it's not for me...would prefer to have seen Richard Hatch's vision/continuation of the old BSG myself.

the only redeeming feature was in the second "pilot" episode when the Galictica went up against the Cylon Base Star after they raided their arms cache...the broadside the Galictica unleashed was ****ing awesome...I would not like to be on the end of that! - The new Cylons are also poor, not a patch on the old ones.

As somebody else mentioned, the Wing Commander movie was excellent, and Space Above and Beyond was also pretty damn cool.

CFU

P.S. The original BSG was great...Starbuck was my childhood hero...not many cooler sci-fi heroes around in my book (barring Han Solo of course...coolness personified).

AJ_Dual

Enlightened
Casual Flashlight User said:

As somebody else mentioned, the Wing Commander movie was excellent, and Space Above and Beyond was also pretty damn cool.

Hoooooooooooooo!

I gotta catch my breath....

Thanks so much. That's the funniest thing I think i've read in a month.

300winmag

Enlightened
I love this show but damn season 4 sucks something real bad. I feel like I'm 7 and my mom is making me watch Days Of Our Lives with her again. This is starting to look like another Airwolf... Great season 1 to 3 but 4.... Ouch :sick:

Marduke

Flashaholic
I actually liked the series finale tonight. I hate it when a show just ends, and they never show you how things played out after the primary story line ended.

Kudos to them for spending some air time on a real ending.

300winmag

Enlightened
I should mention I have yet to watch the final episode, I was only commenting the previous season 4 episodes... I hope the finally is a good one. Should be watching it in one hour so :whistle:

Lebkuecher

Flashlight Enthusiast
Because of my work schedule I missed a few episodes so I hope someone can answer this, what was the importance of the little girl? I know she was half and half but I never could understand why both races needed her to survive. I also notice she was the only child left.

What a great series, it is hard to believe I started this thread 5 years ago almost to the day.

Marduke

Flashaholic
Because of my work schedule I missed a few episodes so I hope someone can answer this, what was the importance of the little girl? I know she was half and half but I never could understand why both races needed her to survive. I also notice she was the only child left.

What a great series, it is hard to believe I started this thread 5 years ago almost to the day.

She wasn't the only child left. You must have missed the episode showing an example, but without giving away the plot, let's just say it showed that girl in a daycare with many other children.

LuxLuthor

Flashaholic
I didn't want to read this thread until I had a chance to watch the finale. It was a satifsying ending of a rare, superb sci-fi show.

daloosh

Flashaholic*,
Yup, thoroughly entertaining. I even made my peace with the Starbuck angle/angel/disappearing act. What a show, really one to judge all shows by. Just happened to be set on spaceships in a place far far away.

Baltar/Caprica was a hoot, Roslyn finally passed in peace, Cavill shoots himself in the mouth, Hoshi is admiral for a day. Just a great wrapup, sad to see it go...

daloosh

Latest posts