Battlestar Galactica

NA8

Flashlight Enthusiast
An interesting ending. I found the idea that the fleet would abandon their tools and way of life to be a bit off. Whatever. I liked the cyclical theme and the "angels".

The line: "He doesn't like that name." was a fine contribution to the cultural database.

Now I'm wondering if that brief scene in mid season with Baltar talking to a centurian about the Cylon god was actually Baltar or the angel.

blasterman

Flashlight Enthusiast
After watching the finale I was both impressed, dissapointed and annoyed.

Impressed at how imaginative the writers were and how the casting of the show was done to (almost) perfection.

Dissappointed at how the first season was by far the best while the rest of the series degenerated into a bunch of contrived drama to draw in a larger demographic.

Annoyed that Grace Park might be the worst actress on television - ever.

gswitter

Flashlight Enthusiast
I really didn't watch much (if any) of the last two seasons, but I stumbled on the finale the other night. Was that the first time it was revealed that Baltar willingly gave No. 6 access to the Caprica defense systems, as opposed to being duped into it?

LuxLuthor

Flashaholic
I really didn't watch much (if any) of the last two seasons, but I stumbled on the finale the other night. Was that the first time it was revealed that Baltar willingly gave No. 6 access to the Caprica defense systems, as opposed to being duped into it?

No. It "came up" in various ways a number of times.

seaside

Enlightened
I watched the final episode of BSG. It is quite nice ending. I throughly enjoyed whole seasons except it gets more like a Sci-Fi version of days of our lives.

Anyway, I have a question.
So, what's up with starbuck. i mean explanation about the dead body found in demolished earth? Can anyone tell me what she really is?

NA8

Flashlight Enthusiast
So, what's up with starbuck. i mean explanation about the dead body found in demolished earth? Can anyone tell me what she really is?

Opinions vary, but since they made her a big secret, she may turn up again in a future show claiming to be just about anything. Beam me up, Scotty.

LuxLuthor

Flashaholic
I watched the final episode of BSG. It is quite nice ending. I throughly enjoyed whole seasons except it gets more like a Sci-Fi version of days of our lives.

Anyway, I have a question.

She had a bad acid trip.

Mjolnir

Flashlight Enthusiast
Perhaps they will fix some of the plot holes (like why there are at least 2 different groups of cylons made thousands of years apart, on different planets).

ledlurker

Enlightened
Perhaps they will fix some of the plot holes (like why there are at least 2 different groups of cylons made thousands of years apart, on different planets).

Remember the quote " this has all happened before" My understanding is the human looking cylons were once humans but as the original cyclons 1000 years in the past were rebelling against the humans the few humans that were left downloaded them selves into the new version of cylons to survive. They eventually found the current crop of cylons and became their leaders after the Caprica/Cylon war.

The moral of the story is that when you build a machine that can become self aware then all of the so called safety programs and directives are worthless. That is one thing to always consider without our quest for the AI holy grail.

Lebkuecher

Flashlight Enthusiast
I bought a Roku which is an inexpensive streaming media player for those who do not know which allows you to watch programs from Netflix and other streaming sites on your television. Netflix now has the whole Battlestar Galactica series on their streaming content service so I thought I would again watch the Battlestar Galactica series and see if my original impressions of the series are the same. I'm still impressed with the quality of the production, everything from the music the plot and the acting are outstanding. Has anyone else rewatched the series lately or are still a fan? Also did anyone watch the Caprica series which is a spinoff of Battlestar Galactica? I never did and was wondering if Caprica would be worth the time.

Last edited:

ElectronGuru

Flashaholic
Also did anyone watch the Caprica series which is a spinoff of Battlestar Galactica? I never did and was wondering if Caprica would be worth the time.

Kinda frustrating actually. The whole robot genesis is finally lined up and they spend so much time getting to it that the show lost interest and was canceled before explaining what actually happened! :sick2:

Lebkuecher

Flashlight Enthusiast
BSG was and still is one of my favorite SIFI series so I was disappointed when Netflix and Amazon both dropped the series from there streaming service. I didn't even know the series had been dropped from streaming in till about three weeks ago I got an itch to watch a few episodes and found out I couldn't. I ended up ordering the Battlestar Galactica: The Complete Series [Blu-ray] from Amazon and have been very impressed with the quality. The boxset is complete and includes the Plan and Razer. Blu-Ray is awesome and easily beats the original network broadcast in terms of video quality.

Are there any BSG fans left on the CPF?

BTW if anyone is interested in ordering the box set there is an excellent review titled Confused about What to Get? Here Are Some Answers, should be the first review if you sort reviews by most helpful.

magellan

Honorary Aussie
Hate to be a stick in the mud about a series many people liked but although I liked Olmos in the lead role and many other aspects of the series the woman Starbuck character kinda ruined it for me. Richard Hatch from the original series has also spoken out about the character. In fact this is the only major sci fi series I ever disliked in any way. I admit to being easily entertained and usually not that critical.

Last edited: