HDS Systems EDC # 15

Status
Not open for further replies.

nbp

Flashaholic
if i were to accidentally break my glass on my hds would henry send a replacement like surefire would?

I gotta hear this one. :popcorn:

I doubt it since it is not a manufacturer defect, but you would have to email him.

TyJo

Flashlight Enthusiast
i guess surefire has better customer service since they will replace any damaged part
I guess HDS has better lights since your glass lens won't break.

Seriously though, good luck breaking it and if you do you can buy one here. You would have to call Henry to get the official answer on the warranty.

Last edited:

choombak

Enlightened
I guess HDS has better lights since your glass lens won't break.

Seriously though, good luck breaking it and if you do you can buy one here. You would have to call Henry to get the official answer on the warranty.

+1 on that. I used to be a sucker for AA and AAA based lights before I got the 120T. The fit and finish is the best I've seen till date, and so is the output, and everything about the light screams QUALITY. I doubt if I'd break the lens ever, especially the way it is buffered (unless I ram a hot steel rod straight into the face of the light with a mighty force!).

nbp

Flashaholic
i guess surefire has better customer service since they will replace any damaged part

According to Manta.com, HDS has an annual revenue of $150,000 and approx. 1 employee. SureFire has 150 employees and an annual revenue of between $100M and $500M.

Maybe you could cut Henry some slack and spring $12 for a new lens.

maisaac

Newly Enlightened
Could someone please tell me how to put off the reflector of the Rotary. Accidentaly put a finger print inside... Already orderd a replacement but wondering how to replace it. Turn counter-clockwise giving pressure directy to the surface of the reflector? Or shoud I do something fm the battry compartment side?
Love the light and can't beleave what I've done...

Last edited:

bansuri

Enlightened
wow so hds has one employee that's crazy
Was reading from the bottom post upward and saw this. Lack of punctuation had me thinking that Henry employed someone who is crazy.
I'll think twice before emailing him again. His hands must be raw from assembling lights all day!

Could someone please tell me how to put off the reflector of the Rotary. Accidentaly put a finger print inside... Already orderd a replacement but wondering how to replace it. Turn counter-clockwise giving pressure directy to the surface of the reflector? Or shoud I do something fm the battry compartment side?
Love the light and can't beleave what I've done...
I buy big 3/4" wide rubber bands at the local hardware store, they're with all the impulse items near the check-out counter. Wrap around the reflector and the other half around the body to get a good grip.
Otherwise try a couple of rubber lid removers.

the.Mtn.Man

Flashlight Enthusiast
20 days have past, only 10 more to go! lol
Unfortunately, he said "at least a month". Also, we're talking Henry-months which can be considerably longer than an actual month. Remember, he's been saying that the high CRI Rotaries were a month away since July!

maisaac

Newly Enlightened
I buy big 3/4" wide rubber bands at the local hardware store, they're with all the impulse items near the check-out counter. Wrap around the reflector and the other half around the body to get a good grip.
Otherwise try a couple of rubber lid removers.

Thanx bansuri-San. Just have been mis-understanding that the reflector is "only the silver coated circular cone" and have been trying to remove that. Now understood that is the bigger component having the thread both sides. Suceeded to put off using a rubber sheet as u suggested.

stoli67

Enlightened
Yep I nice Titanium Rotary would be nice ...... to add to the collection!

DSC_0004a.jpg

TyJo

Flashlight Enthusiast
Was reading from the bottom post upward and saw this. Lack of punctuation had me thinking that Henry employed someone who is crazy.
I'll think twice before emailing him again. His hands must be raw from assembling lights all day!
Haha. It took me a few passes but it made me laugh.

Kasé Zomé

Newly Enlightened
Ah. So the bezel is still the old one?

Sorry, should have said "new to me" as I bought this used. It was a custom light with the wide 140GT set up, sapphire lens, and titanium bezel.

I've used it for all of 10 minutes since I got it and it's already gone through 2 new Surefire CR123s. I believe that it has a serious battery drain issue and Henry has already kindly informed me that he'll take care of it and I've mailed him the light today. I wish the guy I bought it from told me of this issue as I find it hard to believe he didn't know about it when he owned it.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.