HDS Systems EDC # 15

Status
Not open for further replies.

pjandyho

Flashlight Enthusiast
ok, from factory setting,can i go to burst mode by just double click it?
if not than i will have to set it up but like i said - i can get burst mode out of a sudden and it is less than 40 seconds,maybe about 5 seconds.

Factory default

Preset A - Max burst, accessible with a click and click hold, or push hold if it's easier to understand.
Preset B - rotary, which is also your turn on preset. Click to on, click to off as usual. Double click toggles between B and C.
Preset C - lower output, double click will toggle between B and C.
Preset D - lowest output, triple click to get there, and double click to go back to either B or C, or click and click hold to go A.

I suspect (may be wrong) that you may have press a bit too fast and ended up toggling between B and C?

You also mentioned that you get a burst of about 5 seconds. Sometimes, improper thumb pressure on momentary would cause the light to return back to the last preset used because the connection to the switch was terminated.

I am just jumping to conclusion because I am not there to see what is happening so it is all pure guesswork on what you might have done either right or wrong.

nanotech17

Flashlight Enthusiast
Factory default

Preset A - Max burst, accessible with a click and click hold, or push hold if it's easier to understand.
Preset B - rotary, which is also your turn on preset. Click to on, click to off as usual. Double click toggles between B and C.
Preset C - lower output, double click will toggle between B and C.
Preset D - lowest output, triple click to get there, and double click to go back to either B or C, or click and click hold to go A.

I suspect (may be wrong) that you may have press a bit too fast and ended up toggling between B and C?

You also mentioned that you get a burst of about 5 seconds. Sometimes, improper thumb pressure on momentary would cause the light to return back to the last preset used because the connection to the switch was terminated.

I am just jumping to conclusion because I am not there to see what is happening so it is all pure guesswork on what you might have done either right or wrong.

still no show on burst mode.

TyJo

Flashlight Enthusiast
My T200 and Rotary were not the same. The Rotary had a different reflector than my T200. It was a coarser OP reflector that gave a much more diffuse hot spot with less throw and a pronounced dark ring around the perimeter of the beam. I love my T200 and kept it. I could not live with the beam on my Rotary and sold it.
Thanks for the post. I remembered reading this earlier. I think it may have been a vendor switch or something similar that caused the difference. I want to note that both lights should have the same beam profile.

Last edited:

thaugen

Enlightened
Please help me decide...

I have a New 120 Clicky Tactical (flush tail cap) that I love. Great UI, nice beam, and I love the clip. However, I have the bug for a little brighter HDS. Should I go with the HDS 200 Clicky or Rotary? Will I miss the clip? Is the rotary UI as wonderful as everyone is saying?

Thanks for your help!

Proflash

Newly Enlightened
My T200 and Rotary were not the same. The Rotary had a different reflector than my T200. It was a coarser OP reflector that gave a much more diffuse hot spot with less throw and a pronounced dark ring around the perimeter of the beam. I love my T200 and kept it. I could not live with the beam on my Rotary and sold it.

Rotary on left
Sam_0083-1.jpg

Rotary
HDSRotaryMax2-1.jpg

T200
HDST200Max2-1.jpg

Rotary at 25ft
Rotary25ft-1.jpg

T200 at 25ft
T20025ft-1.jpg

Thanks, I've been going back and forth on the two, but was leaning more toward the T200 because of it's UI (since I have my V10R on me as well). After seeing your post (thanks again), I'm directing my sights on the T200.

Thanks for the post. I remembered reading this earlier. I think it may have been a vendor switch or something similar that caused the difference. I want to note that both light should have the same beam profile.

The T200 (non-rotary model) that I received earlier this year had the same beam as shown in the rotary picture by Bondr006 above; however, the pictures that I had posted of mine at the time could not show it as well.

After all that I've heard about the vendors/parts issue, I am inclined to think that the "other" reflector which caused the single ring in the beam of bondr006's rotary and my T200 may have been one that was slightly out of tolerance from one of the previous parts vendors. This could further be evidenced by one of bansuri's earlier posts.

From the looks of things, nobody else has complained about the ring for a long time, so I am guessing that the issue has been resolved (possibly with a new batch of parts from another vendor that are within spec). This is really good news for me, as I had returned my T200 because of the beam, but still wanted to purchase a High-CRI model when it was released.

If TyJo is correct, and both XP-G models are using the same (better) reflector, then it should be safe to order any model based on preference without worrying about a difference in the beams produced by either light.

ElectronGuru

Flashaholic
...and I love the clip. However, I have the bug for a little brighter HDS. Should I go with the HDS 200 Clicky or Rotary? Will I miss the clip?

Well thats easy to answer. Take off the clip for a week and see if you miss it! :D

AZPops

Flashlight Enthusiast
I tried that for a few days of nightstand and daily duty and didn't miss the clip too much, but thought I might miss it if I went camping/hiking with the light.

Why not buy the Kydex holster?

maisaac

Newly Enlightened
Seems that Henry has changed the vender for the reflector in October. I've orderd a replacement for the reflector of my Rotary at the end of september and had to wait for a month to be dispatched... I was told by henry that the reason for late dispatch is due to the change of the vender for the reflector.
I got the new ones about a week ago and the beam shape has totally changed fm the original ones, which showed a big chocolate donut in the spill. Now the shape is almost like the T200 in the mentioned picture above.

duro

Enlightened
Thanks for the support here. Does anyone know a trick to stay in the customization menu. My problem is by the time I try to figure out which menu I'm in, the light switches to the next menu. Then I get lost and can't remember which setting I'm on.

nutcracker

Newly Enlightened
They light will always leave the config menu after 10 seconds of inactivity and blinks 5 times.
So just grab the manual or quick overview card and first think about what you want to change. Then you'll have more time to get through the menu

Status
Not open for further replies.