HDS Systems EDC # 18

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mtbmurf

Newly Enlightened
Just had to bump to the first page.... Havent seen it off the first page in forever...

greatscoot

Flashlight Enthusiast
Is the programing different on the Clicky as it is on the Rotary? I have two Rotary's and the only change I have made is enabling monentary. I am wondering if there is a way to get to preset "A" from off while leaving everything else as it is. If I double click it just turns the light on and off.

Last edited:

tongkang

Newly Enlightened
If if I get your question right..momentary enable,from off double click and hold

Is the programing different on the Clicky as it is on the Rotary? I have two Rotary's and the only change I have made is enabling monentary. I am wondering if there is a way to get to preset "A" from off while leavin geverything else as it is. If I double click it just turns the light on and off.

Me+Light=Addiction

Enlightened
Just got this today :) (The HDS Tactical in the front)
Awesome light, huge hotspot compared to my 200 clicky on the left. It's still bright outside so can't compare them in the dark yet but so far I really like it!
The tailcap unfortunatly is a bit mismatched with the body colour wise but it doesn't bother me too much.
20150417_1950361_zpscgptipsz.jpg

kj2

Flashaholic
Awesome light, huge hotspot compared to my 200 clicky on the left. It's still bright outside so can't compare them in the dark yet but so far I really like it!
The tailcap unfortunatly is a bit mismatched with the body colour wise but it doesn't bother me too much.
Nice collection you have there :)

recDNA

Flashaholic
No offense meant to the builder but at these prices ano really should match. He could use the ones that don't match for the versions that are painted.

You have the exact model I want so I take it as warning.

Me+Light=Addiction

Enlightened
No offense meant to the builder but at these prices ano really should match. He could use the ones that don't match for the versions that are painted.

You have the exact model I want so I take it as warning.

I agree, the other two I have are spot on with their ano though. It genuinly doesn't bother me otherwise I would've send it back and I understand people that do. My tip would be to ask for perfect ano match with your order.
I ordered two from Dan and he's been super helpful and accurate with his shipping (description on package etc.) so i'm sure if you'll ask he'll pick one out with perfect ano for you.

kj2

Flashaholic
I ordered two from Dan and he's been super helpful and accurate with his shipping (description on package etc.) so i'm sure if you'll ask he'll pick one out with perfect ano for you.

Hope the German dealer, will have the 325 lumens in stock, soon. Can order straight from HDS, but with added import taxes.. It would kill the joy.

abarth_1200

Flashlight Enthusiast
I recall using the 6 click pure max momentary on my clicky a couple of weeks ago, I found out the only way to get out of this mode is to pull the battery out for a couple of seconds.

But now I cant activate it anymore, any ideas?

I have psuedo momentary deactivated and locator beacon on, but can toggle with 4 clicks from off. But no 6 click to pure momentary.

Side note, do you think there is a demand for another mode for emergency situations to have a battery vampire, removing the high draw electronics overhead and bliky warnings every couple of minutes.

Would Henry incorporate it if it was asked for?

Me+Light=Addiction

Enlightened
I recall using the 6 click pure max momentary on my clicky a couple of weeks ago, I found out the only way to get out of this mode is to pull the battery out for a couple of seconds.

I have psuedo momentary deactivated and locator beacon on, but can toggle with 4 clicks from off. But no 6 click to pure momentary.

Side note, do you think there is a demand for another mode for emergency situations to have a battery vampire, removing the high draw electronics overhead and bliky warnings every couple of minutes.

That's odd. I just tried it and it just keeps working. I just do the 60 sec. reset and it's back to the previous modes. Maybe try turning custimization on/off depending on what you had it on.
I don't think their is a real demand for such a emergency mode. The low levels last long enough as it is plus the likelyhood of a situation occuring where it would be useful is incredibly small.

mckeand13

Flashlight Enthusiast
If if I get your question right..momentary enable,from off double click and hold

I'm glad I read this post.

I always seem to use my rotary just as that, a rotary only. I completely forgot about a double click & hold for momentary max.

flashlight nut

Enlightened

Silly question for you. Are you doing the 6 clicks from off or from on. Make sure you start the 6 clicks when the light is off. I know this sounds like a silly question but I had a brain fart with this once when trying to change modes. It had me scratching my head for awhile. Had a good laugh when I realized what I was doing.

Last edited:

abarth_1200

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm def doing it from off, I can get into the locator toggle at 4 clicks and candle mode at 9 clicks. I did use it a couple of times when I got the HDS but I have since changed more settings so I wonder if one of them has disabled the 6 click setting for pure momentary. Anybody know if I have to have pseudo momentary activated? I'll give it a shot but don't really want to mess with it now I have it set up just right.

greatscoot

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm def doing it from off, I can get into the locator toggle at 4 clicks and candle mode at 9 clicks. I did use it a couple of times when I got the HDS but I have since changed more settings so I wonder if one of them has disabled the 6 click setting for pure momentary. Anybody know if I have to have pseudo momentary activated? I'll give it a shot but don't really want to mess with it now I have it set up just right.

The Rotary I am trying to do this with is the older firmware (No Candle mode).

Status
Not open for further replies.