OH MAN IT'S HOT!!

Morelite

Flashlight Enthusiast
His engine is asleep at 1400 rpm at freeway speeds, so his fuel savings makes up for any danger incurred by driver photography.

Also, I took this picture a few days ago while driving somewhere well over 66mph in Utah; it's technically on topic since it's a summer pop-up storm created by intense desert heat:

dsc05687w.jpg

Cool lightning shot, I always liked lightning photography but could never seem to master it myself.

Monocrom

Flashaholic
. . . I was trawling around air conditioning sites just for shiggles when I came across the image below; if we were coolaholics, we would know what this means:

airconditioningrepair.jpg

That all women are crazy?

Old news for the average guy. ;)

Hope Greta doesn't see this post. :whistle:

:banned:

Greta

Flashaholic
So I drove 900 miles to get away from the heat in AZ only to arrive in Denver yesterday to 100 degrees. Today was a little cooler... 96 degrees. Leaving here tomorrow to head up through Nebraska and Iowa... I really do hope it's a little bit cooler but somehow I doubt that is going to be the case. On the upside... my sinuses and hair are loving the humidity! :grin2:

nbp

Flashaholic
Heat wave here, above normal temps. Breaking 90 a couple days this week; that's pretty hot for June! :sweat:

bshanahan14rulz

Flashlight Enthusiast
relatively tame summer here so far.... haven't broken 100 yet, only a few weeks of 90+ temps.

Last year I was thinking of buying a used server AC unit and just putting the tent in the bedroom around the bed and piping cold air in.

chaoss

Enlightened
It's pretty warm here (Phoenix) and the overnight lows are rising, so i took the wife unit to Coronado, CA. for a little break and we were wearing sweatshirts the entire time.
Nothing like sitting outside at Mc P's Irish pub on a cool evening enjoying a black & tan or two. NOM's!

Greta

Flashaholic
122! Is that for real?!

Pretty much! Taking into consideration that the thermometer is picking up some radiant heat from the stucco pillar it is mounted on but maybe only a few degrees. I heard on the news that our official high was 118. Doesn't really matter though... the temperature in the shade surrounding that pillar on my back patio was 122 degrees. Yesterday (the 19th) only topped out at 120 on my patio. It is foul... really, really foul. :sweat:

Patriot

Flashaholic
Pretty much! Taking into consideration that the thermometer is picking up some radiant heat from the stucco pillar it is mounted on but maybe only a few degrees. I heard on the news that our official high was 118. Doesn't really matter though... the temperature in the shade surrounding that pillar on my back patio was 122 degrees. Yesterday (the 19th) only topped out at 120 on my patio. It is foul... really, really foul. :sweat:

Almanac shows 113F at the Airport in Needles a couple of miles away from the lake but they must record the official temperature in a different place. I'm not sure where we stand for the month but it's one of the hotter Junes that I can remember in Phoenix. My own thermometer always indicate higher than the temp at Sky Harbor and I guess that's because like you, my gauge since on the heat soaked patio. It's may be dry but it ain't pleasant, is it Greta!

Flashlight Enthusiast

it is more than foul, it means 100% certain death outdoors if you cannot access water and salt
(electrolytes) to replace that lost by breathing and sweat after a few hours or a day.