OH MAN IT'S HOT!!

AZPops

Flashlight Enthusiast
AZpops is that Leo Carrillo, or Mugu? ?

I was in a freinds Cessna (we took off from Santa Paula) so I'm not sure what the name of the place is, but it's just north of Ventura where 126 turns into the 101 and 33 (Ojai Frwy).

It was soooooo nice having that year break living in Santa Paula! We baby sat the construction of the New Santa Paula Water Recycling Facility built on Corporation Street and Todd Lane on the south side of the 126.

If the City Counsel didn't Veto the project S.E. of Sacramento (actually at the base of the Sierra's), we'd be there NOW! ... :mecry:

Last edited:

Quest4fire

Enlightened
Pretty much! Taking into consideration that the thermometer is picking up some radiant heat from the stucco pillar it is mounted on but maybe only a few degrees. I heard on the news that our official high was 118. Doesn't really matter though... the temperature in the shade surrounding that pillar on my back patio was 122 degrees. Yesterday (the 19th) only topped out at 120 on my patio. It is foul... really, really foul. :sweat:

I hate summers in the Sonoran Desert!

Yeah, but it's a dry heat. Seriously though, 115-120 in the Sonoran Desert feels abut like 95-100 at 80-100% humidity on the gulf coast (Where I'm from). "About like", meaning miserable and oppressive! It's supposed to be a balmy 106 here in Nebraska tomorrow.

Last edited:

Imon

Enlightened
Gonna be mid 90s here for next two days. Blech. :sick2:

Hey, I'll take that over the weather we have here in Dallas/Ft Worth. We've already hit 100+ for about a week now. I don't think it's going to be as bad as it was last year when we had 100+ weather for about 3 months straight (including what I believe was a 111°F day) but the weather still kills me here. What I hate is that we have basically have two season here in N. Texas - Winter (3 months) and Summer (8 months) with 2 weeks of Spring and Autumn.

nbp

Flashaholic
"HEAT ADVISORY REMAINS IN EFFECT FROM NOON TO 8 PM CDT THURSDAY

HIGH TEMPERATURES RANGING FROM 94 TO 100 DEGREES COMBINED WITH HIGH HUMIDITY WILL PRODUCE HEAT INDICES OF 100 TO 105 DEGREES THURSDAY AFTERNOON.
IMPACT"

Ick! :sweat:

orbital

Flashlight Enthusiast
"HEAT ADVISORY REMAINS IN EFFECT FROM NOON TO 8 PM CDT THURSDAY

HIGH TEMPERATURES RANGING FROM 94 TO 100 DEGREES COMBINED WITH HIGH HUMIDITY WILL PRODUCE HEAT INDICES OF 100 TO 105 DEGREES THURSDAY AFTERNOON.
IMPACT"

Ick! :sweat:

+

I miss the crisp clean air of winter

quite frankly,,,upper midwest should get a pass on the heat

orbital

Flashlight Enthusiast

not funny for June

edit,, my heat index map melted

Last edited:

Bigpal

Enlightened
Same story here. And I'm a cool weather person. 60 day/50 night is perfect for me. Can't stand extreme heat here because it's so humid.

f1c3c628.jpg

Sub_Umbra

Flashlight Enthusiast
In my patio here in New Orleans it's 95F and 67% RH. As hot as it is we're getting a tiny bit of a break today as it is blessedly overcast.

1 1/2 hours later -- OH BOY! It just started to rain.

Last edited:

nbp

Flashaholic
Well, the 90s were only supposed to last 2 days, but it broke 90 several days this past week and weekend and in looks like highs of 90-95 most of this week. Plus we had less than an inch of rain in June; it's so dry. It's really bizzare. I feel like I moved from Wisconsin to Utah or something.

nbp

Flashaholic
Can't remember the last time we had a 5 day heat advisory. :ohgeez:

Washington
Heat Advisory in effect until 10PM CDT FRI

HEAT ADVISORY REMAINS IN EFFECT UNTIL 10 PM CDT FRIDAY

A HEAT ADVISORY REMAINS IN EFFECT UNTIL 10 PM CDT FRIDAY.
TIMING

HOT AND HUMID CONDITIONS ARE EXPECTED DURING THE DAYTIME FROM TUESDAY THROUGH FRIDAY. WARM

MUGGY CONDITIONS WILL LINGER THROUGH THE NIGHT.
TEMPERATURE

TEMPERATURES WILL RANGE FROM 95 TO 100 DEGREES WITH HEAT INDEX VALUES OF 95 TO 105 DEGREES.

AZPops

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well we finally got a cool front come through last night! It got down to around 86/87 at 2AM!

bshanahan14rulz

Flashlight Enthusiast
Wow, I actually walked outside last night and didn't get drenched! I hope the air stays cool, because last I checked, forecast still said 105-110 all week.

orbital

Flashlight Enthusiast
Can't remember the last time we had a 5 day heat advisory. :ohgeez:

+

In Sheboygan Co. current Heat Index as I type, say between 104~107 (from a couple sources)

:crazy:repugnant hot for Wisconsin

Last edited:

Latest posts