OK... YA'LL's Fault!

BVH

Flashaholic
I believe there was a post a year or so ago by Robert @ PB about the use of the non-PB Ushio 75 Watt bulb. In this thread, I think was mention of maximum pack Voltage around 14.4 with no fudge factor above that number (what ever number he posted, not necessarily the 14.4 I THINK he cited)

FRITZHID

Flashlight Enthusiast
lol, yep,.... was reading it as you were posting. so i guess the lipo i got from Lips would work... not quite the right shape tho... maybe i'll go up to Batts + on monday and see what they have to play with that will fit in the case.
until then, i guess i'll play with the dieing nicads and belt hung sla or lipo with a cig adapter. damn thing gets awfully hot tho, lol.
so.... anyone put a glow-o-ring in one of these yet???? :devil:
(ya i know, just got it, and already thinking of mod's for it... yeah... i don't have an issue with lights! :whistle:)

BVH

Flashaholic
Lips pack is too much Voltage - 4S is 16.8 hot off the charger.

I've always wondered what PB's Lithium battery is comprised of. Must be 3S or implement some type of Voltage regulation.

Also during my search, I read a couple posts from PEAKBEAMSYSTEMS (member name) about limiting High mode on Gen2's so as not to overheat the board and possibly damage the lamp.

Last edited:

Colonel Sanders

Flashlight Enthusiast
"it seems like it may have some bulb focusing needed, almost like when it goes in to tightest focus, it's un-focusing."

As mentioned by BVH, if it's like the Gen IIs and IIIs, this is programmable. Do you have the manual for yours? I'd be glad to pass on to you what it says in my manual about this if you don't have yours but I have no idea if yours works like mine.

Parker VH

Enlightened
Here are some pin connector part #'s that I ordered from Mouser
# 571-206430-1, 4 pin connector like the one on the battery itself
# 571-206429-1, 4 pin male connector that screws onto the battery.
# 571-66105-4, female pins that fit the above connectors
# 571-66103-4, male pins that fit the above connectors

Parker VH

Enlightened
Sorry, I couldn't resist. These lights are addicting!!
DSCN0378.jpg

DSCN0377.jpg

FRITZHID

Flashlight Enthusiast
nice collection... (donno if they would compete with total lumens of all my hand-suns lay'n around, lmao)... why so many??? even i had a hard time justifying the one! lol
hhmmm.. MN huh? not That far away.... maybe some time we'll have to get together for a shoot out ;) (don't worry, i'll leave the 400w at home, lol)
my next steps are to get more power options, bulb upgrade and if i can figure out a way to clean the reflector (not likely) i plan to try, it looks like someone already did, there are some fine scratches in it :(
at some point, i'd love to get my hands on a Gen3 board, but PB is reluctant to let them go out without installing them themselves :/
maybe i'll get lucky and get my hands on a new reflector as well, keep'n my eyes open!
if your looking for a 4th one, theres a nice kit on ebay at the moment for 1500, 2 batts, case, lenses, ect... if i had the $$$ it'd be OTW to me already! lol

Parker VH

Enlightened
I got a decent deal on a couple of these. I'm going to be listing two of these for sale in the marketplace shortly. I had the enhanced output reflector installed on the one I'm keeping and upgraded the servo focus motor to the latest one also as I'm told it focuses from spot to flood in about 1.5 seconds so quite a bit faster than the old one and it was only about a $55.00 upgrade if I remember correctly.
I agree with you that most lights will blow these away in flood mode but when you set these babies to spot I smile every time!!

FRITZHID

Flashlight Enthusiast
I got a decent deal on a couple of these. I'm going to be listing two of these for sale in the marketplace shortly. I had the enhanced output reflector installed on the one I'm keeping and upgraded the servo focus motor to the latest one also as I'm told it focuses from spot to flood in about 1.5 seconds so quite a bit faster than the old one and it was only about a $55.00 upgrade if I remember correctly.
I agree with you that most lights will blow these away in flood mode but when you set these babies to spot I smile every time!!

hell yeah!

Echo63

Flashlight Enthusiast
I don't suppose you got one with the pelican case, a long (curly) cable and a dropin trickle charger going up for sale ?

FRITZHID

Flashlight Enthusiast
I don't suppose you got one with the pelican case, a long (curly) cable and a dropin trickle charger going up for sale ?
long curly cable and drop in charger are the min standard models. thats what i got. his are shown there without the batt cables attached. (donno if i'd ever feel right placing them lens down on anything tho! lol) thats the only thing i don't like about the MB, no tail stand ability :( PITA to do upward beam shots with them!

Echo63

Flashlight Enthusiast
long curly cable and drop in charger are the min standard models. thats what i got. his are shown there without the batt cables attached. (donno if i'd ever feel right placing them lens down on anything tho! lol) thats the only thing i don't like about the MB, no tail stand ability :( PITA to do upward beam shots with them!
I bought my Maxabeam from ParkerVH - he is also the person making the bulb adapters for the Ushio UXL-75XE bulbs.
Mine didn't come with a charger (too heavy to ship, and useless as mine has a SLA in the battery box) and came with a short cable.

I would love the drop in trickle charger, of course it would be rapidly hacked with a SLA charger so I can just drop my light on it, and have it ready to go when I need it.
And I would love the long curly cord, just so I can split the nice light lamp housing from the heavy battery.
(and the pelican case to store it all)
To buy the stuff new, and get it shipped here would cost around the same as buying a second light with the accessories second hand
And besides, who doesn't want a second Maxabeam ?

(would really love one with the remote port too)

FRITZHID

Flashlight Enthusiast
ah, i suppose all the way to Aust, yeah... a bit pricy. surprised a charger woulda been to heavy to ship, my drop in charger weighs about 1/2 lb and the wall wart can't be more then 1.5lbs. have you considered upgrading your SLA to a LIPO? would save u a ton of weight, and give u tons of run time.

FRITZHID

Flashlight Enthusiast
new Gen 3 bulb arrived today.... i can't believe a simple bulb switch can make such a difference! hard to believe the're even the same wattage. all installed, centered and now waiting for some clouds! (figures that for 4 days before the light got here, it was cloudy every day, even the whole day that it arrived, then JUST as it started getting dark enough to play, .... clear skys since. :/ damnit! i was looking forward to the bounce! lol
to all that have helped with my new toy, TYVM!lovecpf

Last edited:

Latest posts