Sydney 2007 - Wednesday April 18th

Glen C

Enlightened
Re: Sydney 2007

Great news Protaeus and Missionaryman, some interesting torches as well. It looks like we have a quorum now, it has been suggested mid week may be a good time so this doesn't interfere with other commitments. What does everyone think of that? Maybe a wednesday? I am thinking maybe a month away so daylight saving will be over. What does everyone think of that? Also if anyone sees posts from Sydneysiders it might be nice to point them at this thread.

missionaryman

Enlightened

I might just put a link to it in my sig-line that will put out there a bit.
I resigned (after 7.5 years) on Friday and in a month's time mid week I'll be at my new job which is in St Marys so depending on where we have this meet I might struggle to get there on time.
In peak hour I'll be about 2hrs from Carrs Park but that's ok because I'll have a company car.

Glen C

Enlightened

Great idea Missionaryman, do you mind if I copy the idea?

You cant go past a company car :)

Delvance

Enlightened

I'm good for whenever :)

I'd put the link in my sigline but there's no point seeing as i havn't posted in a fair while hehe.

Unfortunately, i don't have any new projects to share with people, my last one was the RS623 which participants of the first two meets would be familiar with :(

Glen C

Enlightened

With no other fixed suggestions (other than 2 PMs which suggested midweek) how does Wednesday, the 18th April sound to all? Any other suggestions?

Second is location, would people prefer north, south, east or west? I have no preference and am comfortable with all options.

Led_Blind

Enlightened

Hello all.....

I must admit, there are more and more australians joining this forum :) Good to see.

I may be able to join in on this meet. Where and when ?

missionaryman

Enlightened

we need somewhere that you can get quality darkness - no light pollution from houses of factories etc.
Is there anywhere like that in or near Sydney where you won't get mugged?
Of course it also needs to have large dark expanses for throw and flood testing of some of the more serious lights.

I took our youth group to Parramatta Park at night last week for a rescue the hostage mission game thing and it was really dark in the field - took two different ROP mods along. Still had some light pollution though.

Haz

Enlightened

It's bad, i haven't bought many lights since last get together, feel ashamed of being a flashaholic.
From memory, i only acquired the following
3D-Mag Led (just the led-bulb)
Surefire A2 (who doesn't have one anyway since our last meeting)
3 CFP logo Safe (Pal)-lights coming from Wit's end
Benchmade-Benchmite knife

I've been waiting and waiting for a good single AA light.
Although i like the L1D-CE's output and throw, somehow the finish and the internal contacts isn't my liking, i prefer the quality of the Lumapower M3 transformer, but only wish it would be brighter. The Jetbeam Mark IIx seems like the choice, but it seems to suffer at times with tolerance with threads, and is dimmer than the LID-CE, maybe it's due to the OP reflector.

I've been wanting to get an HID, still waiting for prices from LiteMania.

Delvance, your RS623 is still the best light i have seen. I'm still amazed at the sheer brightness hidden in an ordinary looking Maglite

Glen C

Enlightened

Cernobila, thank you very much appreciated

MissionaryMan, I agree on quality darkness. I use a small park near North Sydney for beamshots, but may look at Lane Cove National Park (near M2 and Epping Road) as well. Maybe others could check out local to them?

Haz, your collection is pretty impressive this year! I will bring a HID for you to play with and I think Luke said he would bring one too.

Some missed this so

I will put forward the suggestion of Wednesday, the 18th April for the meet.

If this doesn't suit anyone please speak up and we can work out a different date. Location still to be decided by all.

Looks like this is shaping up to be a good evening.

missionaryman

Enlightened

funnily enough I have an application in at the moment to be the guy that sits in the office and does very little at Lane Cove national park

lukestephens777

Enlightened

South Sydney is fine for me...

Been crazy busy with a new job but will be able to make it. The 18th of April is fine also!! Will be sweet to see some new lights!! Keep up the good work sydneysiders!

Latest posts