What did you use your flashlight for today?

nanomu

Newly Enlightened
Used Quark 123 on moonlight to take a look at machining marks and details on my new Peak.

fishhead

Newly Enlightened
I use mine to find the cats toys every night and to get around the house or the take some trash out before I go to bed. This is a every night thing with the cat or she cries all night.

I thought I was the only one :crackup:

Even before my recent flashaholic revelations, I was always using flashlights to find cat toys. It's probably my most common reason to use a light.

I'll check out the backyard after noises sometimes. The first time I did that with my TK40 I was stunned by how much brighter everything compared to my old maglites. (I was completely unenlightened not too long ago.) I also had to go "ewww" when I saw a bunch of roaches running over my patio. Then I had to laugh at how they scurried away from the mighty light :hahaha:

Vortus

Flashlight Enthusiast
Me-Mag2D w Malkoff
pretty much use it every work day/night to trip my truck, check trailers, look for trailers and light up address signs at night while looking for warehouses.

My wife-2aa Mag lux add ons, ET T20C2 MII
she won't admit it, and teases me, but her flashaholicism exceeds mine. Rarely uses house lights, uses the mag with a diffuser in the bedroom. Everywhere else the ET. Offered to buy her another light, something pretty with just as many useful modes. Something Ti. Got accused of wanting her light for myself and ended up just buying another battery for the ET. Heh, though she is looking at getting some trits installed.

Chauncey Gardner

Enlightened
Used the LF2XT (the sig o had been holding onto) to make a sandwich last night at 2am (turkey, cuccumber, havarti, sprouts & tomato on spinach flatbread w/artichoke spread).

Took said sandwich on a stroll with the LFT2XT, Qmini 123, QminiAA & ITP A3 to determine the smallest king of the mountain on a liion cell.
All the lights have clips to hang around the neck.

The sandwich looked good under the high CRI warm white Liteflux, but made it hard to operate the twisties.

This battle went to the Liteflux (for convience) & the wraps tend to retain sandwich ingredients better (when operating a stiff twisty:ohgeez:) than cracked wheat soudough tried the previous night.

Watched the bats flying around for another few minutes with a Jetbeam RRT2 on strobe, then headed in to try to get some sleep.

signal 13

Enlightened
Nothing exciting. Used my C2/M60 to peek around inside my safe. I'm really considering getting a few of those LED hockey puck looking things from Home Depot so I can actually see inside without using a flashlight. But then what fun would that be?

Locoboy5150

Flashlight Enthusiast
I was on vacation all last week so this is my first time checking out CPF in quite some time. Every morning last week I used my new Fenix MC10 and my Coleman Packaway lantern to navigate in my hotel room in the early morning hours without waking up my girlfriend when she was sound asleep.

I also used my Fenix LD20 to make my way around Disneyland's Rivers of America last week at night when the park's lights were turned off for the Fantasmic show. It came in very handy when walking through the crowds in the dark.

Incidentally, Disneyland *really* needs to get their guest control Cast Members some new lights. I saw way too many 2 D cell Eveready incandescent lights circa 1979 in use all week long.

As for today, I used my Fenix TK20 to go from my bedroom to the bathroom in the early morning hours.

jcw122

Enlightened
Used my Quark AAx2 to look into random parts of the woods around my house...no real purpose :)

Also used my Stanley HID to do a quick search around my house...again mostly for my entertainment.

Last edited:

tstites

Newly Enlightened
On 5/30 at around 11:30pm I heard a car accident out behind my house. I literally had just finished cleaning the threads on my Quark AA^2 and put in a freshly charged pair of Rayovac LSD batts about 5 minutes prior. Off I went through the back yard and found a Jeep Liberty rolled over on the driver's side, the other SUV was still on all four wheels with a smashed in frontend. I went to the Jeep with my light on Turbo mode and found a young woman that was in good shape but legs slightly trapped by the steering wheel, scarred and shaken up. I kept the light shinning by the passenger seat and it obviously lit the cabin so we could see how she was and kept talking to her until the police and paramedics arrived. By having my light, her friends that arrived within about three minutes of the accident were able to see she was okay and try to comfort her. It felt good to be able to help and I am thankful that the people involved in the accident were not seriously injured. My light, small as it is, way outclassed the camping spotlight lantern a neighbor came up with and the 4 D cell M@g the first officer had. I used it for about 20 minutes and it got warm but definitely not to hot to handle. I bought this light a couple of months ago after reading posts and reviews here and want to say thank you to this community.
Best regards,
Tom

Chauncey Gardner

Enlightened
Nothing exciting. Used my C2/M60 to peek around inside my safe. I'm really considering getting a few of those LED hockey puck looking things from Home Depot so I can actually see inside without using a flashlight. But then what fun would that be?

Skip them. We picked up a couple packs for over kitchen spice racks, under sink etc...& were very disapointed. Cheap, but not worth the money. Light is very bluish and very dim. Better off giving your flashlights more work.

Used Quark 123 on moonlight to take a look at machining marks and details on my new Peak.

I think everyone one here has ocd to some degree :). I do the same thing all the time when out comparing lights at night.

Last edited:

gsxer

Newly Enlightened
I used my MTE SF-15 to look for a jar of home made cherry Jam in the basement and I found it now it's PB&J time now!:thumbsup:

ninemm

Flashlight Enthusiast
Used my just opened Milky L2 on low to check on the healing pup. She gave me a look that said, that is wayyyy to bright dad. :oops:

husky

Newly Enlightened
Crawled under a house with my Nitecore SR3 to inspect and cap 1/2" copper water lines. Looked in an attic to see the space for rerouting new water lines to bath and kitchen fixtures.:)

Roger999

Enlightened
I used my Quark 123^2 Turbo to catch a HUGE spider on my bed last night. It was black with a white spot on it's abdomen :eek:... Anyone know a lot about spiders??:ironic:
Ask the Aussies.

2djqxi8.jpg

ninemm

Flashlight Enthusiast
I really didn't need to see that before bed. Used my ML2 to check for spiders in the dark recesses of my bedroom. :grin2:

Vesper

Enlightened
Last use: A nightlight for walking my 2 yr old around until she conks out. I usually use my Malkoff MCE-W on low for this. :sleepy:

jslappa

Enlightened
Thanks to Roger999, I'll be using my McGizmo Al Mule to look under the toilet seat before sitting down for "#2" tonight. Brings back horrible nightmares I had as a kid after mom let me watch Kingdom of the Spiders, with William Shatner. At the end of the movie, the whole dang town is wrapped in a freaking cocoon!

Nice going Roger! :candle::mecry:

Roger999

Enlightened
Thanks to Roger999, I'll be using my McGizmo Al Mule to look under the toilet seat before sitting down for "#2" tonight. Brings back horrible nightmares I had as a kid after mom let me watch Kingdom of the Spiders, with William Shatner. At the end of the movie, the whole dang town is wrapped in a freaking cocoon!

Nice going Roger! :candle::mecry:
:devil::devil::devil:

Used a Surefire G2 yesterday to take out the trash, and to spot a spider on the ceiling today.

jcw122

Enlightened
I never knew that GITD stuff lits up so fast by UV but it does, I used my UV LED 2xAA light to light up my watch GITD hands.