What did you use your flashlight for today?

Samy

Enlightened
I went to visit a friend yesterday, and we went for an evening walk with his dog.

Suddenly he asked me if I had a flashlight on me. Yes, ofcourse. ;)
There were a few bunkers from the second world war nearby he wanted to explore.

So we visited those bunkers, and my Fenix TK15 and PD31 did a nice job lighting our way in there. :)

That is very cool!

Cheers

Ishango

Enlightened
I was on a bushcraft course this weekend. I used my ZL H51Fw as a headlamp most of the time. The nice floody output made it very easy to do chores in the dark or walk through the muddy and uneven camp field and bush. In my tent and around it I used my Petzl Tikka Plus 2 headlamp for the red LED to maintain some of my nightvision as I had a great view on a moonlit river from my tent.

As a backup and more throwy light I used my Olight T10. The instructor carried the newer T10 version with him (which I also own). He also sells gear and tests it before selling. He hadn't found out about the lower settings than the high one yet, so I could show it to him. A few people were interested in my H51Fw, because they were discussing the headlamps they were using and told each other that one of the cons is that it is not really usable as another means of light (ie hand-held flashlight).

During the day I used my iTP A3 EOS upgrade to look into serveral animal made holes we found in the tracking part of the course.

We also talked about lights and other cool gear to use during bushcraft trips. I had a lot of fun and I got to use some of my lovely lights in the process.

tsask

Flashlight Enthusiast
OK it was broad daylight and I was inside a grocery store at the deli/meat counter display case. I spotted a tasty looking burger smothered in mushrooms and lit it up with my L10A on high. It spotlighted the selection beautifully. The butcher appreciated it, apparently he's spent the last 30 years initially reaching for the wrong burger.LOL Last night while attending an event a lady at the table left to go home. I noticed she was looking about to see if she left anything under the table in low light conditions. I proudly fired up the L10A and all was well.

Last edited:

tam17

Enlightened
Tried to repair damage on my Solarforce L2. Its internals survived the 1m drop onto a tile floor, but bezel was dented and custom recessed ring got stuck. After 15 minutes of careful hammer work (over a sturdy plastic film), damage is almost invisible. Nevertheless, I hate when that happens...

HotWire

Flashlight Enthusiast
I finished putting my tricky swimming pool filter together with my Jetbeam RRT-1 between my teeth.

radioactive_man

Enlightened
Cleared out some stuff in the basement and used my LX2 to look into different bags and boxes. We had a lot of useful (just not to us) stuff lying around so I drove it to a second-hand store which is run by an organisation that funds cancer research and prevention. I prefer to think of it this way: my LX2 has helped cure cancer ;)

radioactive_man

Enlightened
My GF was cleaning the oven and complained about not being able to see the dirt. She said "go get one of your flashlights", so I got out my TK41. I love this photon cannon.

Richub

Enlightened
Last night my friend and I went back for a nightwalk to the bunkers I visited last week. My friend brought a few family members and their friends with him. Besides my friend, nobody knew I'm a flashaholic.

So we arrived at 9.30 PM, and they all started to compare their flashlights, especially the younger people. What they had ranged from some budget store multiple Nichia lights to Maglites, all of them LED lights.
I have to say, they were pretty well prepared. I brought my Fenix TK35, PD31, TK15, E15 and E05 with me.

While they were comparing their lights, I kept a bit to the side. After a while they asked if I had a light on me. So I showed my E15, and they all just giggled. :hahaha: Well, I was the one smiling when I turned it on. That tiny E15 blew all of their lights away. There was some serious jaw dropping there at that moment, LOL.

Halfway through the first bunker I sneakily grabbed my TK35 on turbo and lit up the place like daylight. That initiated a second round of jaw dropping.
I had to laugh really hard at one comment a teenaged boy in our group gave me: "How can a boring fat guy like him have such cool lights?" Which made me show the other lights to them. They were just awestruck.

That young man also had a good lesson in how looks can be deceiving. ;) After I told him I was into computers as well, he started to appreciate me even more. He just couldn't grasp that a 45 year old man could be really interested in computers and gadgets. To him, all 40+ people were just dull and boring.

All in all, this night was a huge success, and I had good reason to show off my lights for once. :grin2:

supersneeze

Newly Enlightened
Hello I'm new to the forum and just wanted to chime in on the topic. I used my sunwayman v10r tail stood as a angle during a power outage tonight :). With the light bouncing off the ceiling it was more than enough to cover the small room.

LostCove NC

Newly Enlightened
Used my PD20 to look into the nozzel of my mini bellows to see what was clogging it...in blinding sunlight. Had a charcoal grill out by the lake and was trying to get the coals blazing but the bellows were clogged. A long nail laying around did the trick.

Ishango

Enlightened
I was at my mother-in-law yesterday. Her newly bought house further down the road is under (re)construction, but she had some old stuff lying around to bring to one of her children. Currently there is no lighting in there, so when we got there in the evening we couldn't see all details. I pulled out my Olight T20 on high and nicely lit up the whole living room. The light was appreciated.

Daekar

Enlightened
Last night my friend and I went back for a nightwalk to the bunkers I visited last week. My friend brought a few family members and their friends with him. Besides my friend, nobody knew I'm a flashaholic.

So we arrived at 9.30 PM, and they all started to compare their flashlights, especially the younger people. What they had ranged from some budget store multiple Nichia lights to Maglites, all of them LED lights.
I have to say, they were pretty well prepared. I brought my Fenix TK35, PD31, TK15, E15 and E05 with me.

While they were comparing their lights, I kept a bit to the side. After a while they asked if I had a light on me. So I showed my E15, and they all just giggled. :hahaha: Well, I was the one smiling when I turned it on. That tiny E15 blew all of their lights away. There was some serious jaw dropping there at that moment, LOL.

Halfway through the first bunker I sneakily grabbed my TK35 on turbo and lit up the place like daylight. That initiated a second round of jaw dropping.
I had to laugh really hard at one comment a teenaged boy in our group gave me: "How can a boring fat guy like him have such cool lights?" Which made me show the other lights to them. They were just awestruck.

That young man also had a good lesson in how looks can be deceiving. ;) After I told him I was into computers as well, he started to appreciate me even more. He just couldn't grasp that a 45 year old man could be really interested in computers and gadgets. To him, all 40+ people were just dull and boring.

All in all, this night was a huge success, and I had good reason to show off my lights for once. :grin2:
That must have been so satisfying! Those kind of occasions are so rare but delicious when they come. :)

HK45

Newly Enlightened
I used mine today to look for a hydro. leak under the cab of a pelican street sweeper.

mvyrmnd

Flashlight Enthusiast
I used mine to Inspect the damage to my rear brake disc after the wheel sheared off my car...