What do you keep next to your bed?

JohnnyLunar

Newly Enlightened
My nightstand flashlight is a Streamlight Poly Tac LED (120 lumens). Single mode, forward clicky, extremely durable (I've thrown this light around a lot to test it's ruggedness), plenty of white light, and I don't feel like I'm neglecting a more prized flashlight by leaving it unused on the nightstand 24/7/365. If one of my Surefires were on the nightstand, I'd be constantly removing it to play with. Since the Streamlight isn't anything special, I forget about it, and it just gathers dust next to the bed, but I know it's always there.

The other nearby light source is a Streamlight TLR-1, attached to my primary home defense tool. I want 1 hand available if I have no other choice than to go through the house in the dark with a weapon.

ypsifly

Enlightened
SF T1A Titan on a neck lanyard for getting up at night for a drink or bathroom. If I need more than that there is a SF C3 w/M91 on my dresser.

Quiksilver

Enlightened
I have this strategically positioned beside my bed for bump-in-the-night tactical use: (pic below)

See Rule #3 Do not Hot Link images. Please host on an image site, Imageshack or similar and repost – Thanks Norm

Last edited by a moderator:

Bogie

Enlightened
Red SF L1 if I'm getting up
SF L2 to see what the hell the cat is doing
Rem 870 with SF forend for big bumps

Jeffa

Newly Enlightened
Fenix TK-11 and a Spark SD6-460. Gotta go hands free to grab the peacemaker.

Sparky's Magic

Enlightened
HDS set at level 1 and clicked off - If a trip to the bathroom is required, click on; for anything more serious, max. is just a push away from moonlight level 1. I have momentary and memory selected. This is a magnificent flashlight, a 200T. new style and the intelligence of the UI. is quite amazing and sophisticated: Not complicated, for effect, but ingenious in design and arranged with the users' convenience firmly in mind...I'm a huge fan!

My sample has a pure white beam with solid spill and would be in the 230-250 lu. range. There is nothing I would change on this fine Flashlight! :thumbsup:

Jash

Flashlight Enthusiast
Quark AA2 regular NW. There's also a 4D mag with Mac's SST-50 drop in, a 3D mag with a Malkoff XP-G drop in, TK40, TK60 and a couple in the drawer next to my bed. It's where I have to keep my lights as it's "my side" of the room, apparently.

Quiksilver

Enlightened
1. For bump in the night - Light switch and firearm

2. For bathroom trip - HDS Rotary on 0.22 lumens

3. For serious bump in the night - Light switch, firearm, and car alarm remote (turn the alarm on immediately).

#2 seems to get the most use.

rayman

Flashlight Enthusiast
I usually have my EX10 next to me when I sleep as it has a blue trit in its piston so I can see it in the dark.

rayman

jamesmtl514

Flashlight Enthusiast
33vzpfb.jpg

jh333233

Flashlight Enthusiast
Wooden police baton hanging on the shelf......
Souvenir from cousin's graduation
And some chinese lights

varmint

Enlightened
Its interesting to see what others have, the lights as well as the 'other things' available if ever needed, alot of us think alike, I am surprised that more did not mention dogs, I guess they ar not on the night stand though!!!!!!!!!!!
I could just picture someone's nightstand with several lights, maybe a knife or other item and a big dog laying on ot also.!!