What do you keep next to your bed?

w00tb0t

Newly Enlightened
33vzpfb.jpg
Ok, time to stop lurking and post. jamesmtl514 I saw your photo and just had to comment as a long time infosec geek. Your photo has EXIF data embedded in it. EXIF data usually contains information about the settings and the camera at the time of the picture. But in the case of cellphones and newer cameras it will sometimes include GPS information. So if we are speaking of "bump in the night" issues, you may not want to publicly advertise exactly where you live. A quick google will show you how to remove this information before you post a photo. Camera Maker: SAMSUNG Camera Model: SGH-T989D Image Date: 2011-11-01 19:51:26 (no TZ) Focal Length: 4.0mm Aperture: f/2.6 Exposure Time: 0.067 s (1/15) ISO equiv: 400 Exposure Bias: none Metering Mode: Average Exposure: aperture priority (semi-auto) White Balance: Auto Flash Fired: No (enforced) Orientation: Normal GPS Coordinate: XXXXXXXXXXXX (Obfuscated, but can easily be seen with and EXIF viewer application) GPS Altitude: 0m Software: T989DTLKJ3 As for me I keep a MAGLITE 2D with LED conversion by the bed with a striker tailcap. Soon to be a SF M6LT.

jamesmtl514

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks for the reply. I appreciate it,and will look into removing any info from my photos.
In the meantime, I do not think that anyone would want to enter my home unannounced, especially since these two items only compliment a much more serious one at arms reach.

EV_007

Enlightened
SureFire Titan and HDS High CRI on night stand. SureFire M3T on nearby table with G23 within secured strategic reach and the LE6920 just a few more paces away for permittee duty.

leeholaaho

Newly Enlightened
Thanks for the reply. I appreciate it,and will look into removing any info from my photos.
In the meantime, I do not think that anyone would want to enter my home unannounced, especially since these two items only compliment a much more serious one at arms reach.

It goes deeper then that - suppose they know where you live from this pic, and then you post a flashlight pic, on your Grand Canyon vacation.
All you have to do is post the pic and they know you are not home.

Peoples houses have been robbed because they posted a picture of a coffee cup on their facebook page. It gives the time and your location.

Take care!!

tallyram

Newly Enlightened
I keep a Thrunite Neutron 1A on my nightstand for the firefly mode. Inside my nightstand rests an SW99 in the flavor of 9mm.

weklund

Enlightened
Malkoff Wildcat V2 Warm Hi/Low, Kimber Compact .45 w/ Black Talons, Remington 870 w/ Duplex Loads and
Two Chocolate Labs.

MWV2W.jpg

GirlsPool1.jpg

Last edited:

Cataract

Flashlight Enthusiast
E0
E01 (other side of the bed)
TK45
TK70
Rayovac Sportsman Extreme 180 lumens (other side of the bed)
12 inch dagger (spanish blade for wild boar hunting)

a box with my rotation of 5 EDC lights (SC50c, Q123 high Cri, Q123 tactical neutral, Q123 R4, PD20) and 5 EDC pocket knives. That should be anough ammo for throwing around...

helios123

Enlightened
UPDATED: I changed my bedside to a Mac's Ti Tri-EDC Neutral for a very bright bump-in-the-night blast of triple XP-G on high! I still have my Ti Aeon Warm for searching stuff at night.

jh333233

Flashlight Enthusiast
Its interesting to see what others have, the lights as well as the 'other things' available if ever needed, alot of us think alike, I am surprised that more did not mention dogs, I guess they ar not on the night stand though!!!!!!!!!!!
I could just picture someone's nightstand with several lights, maybe a knife or other item and a big dog laying on ot also.!!

I have a chihuahua
It never stay asleep at night but being curious whenever it hears any sound

E0
12 inch dagger (spanish blade for wild boar hunting)

12inch..... "dagger"...?
I thought it suppose to be called a sword :sssh:

ThirstyTurtle

Flashlight Enthusiast
Coleman Max 3AA 144 Lumen

Mossberg 500 12GA scattergun with pistol grip, 20" barrel, 7-round tube filled with 3" 00 buckshot with a Serengeti 160 Lumen LED attached with strobe function.

pyranha3

Newly Enlightened
A trustfire 3x xm-l t6 ready to blind an intruder if it ever happens and a led lenser k2 for a trip to the loo!

Websniper

Newly Enlightened
My current bedside setup is a Quark AA2 neutral, regular UI (love this interface, nearly perfect for me. Only wish moonlight was even lower) and a Innova 24/7 on the nightstand.

In the drawer of my nightstand, a G19 with a Streamlight Procyon.

Under the bed, Rock River AR15 with a Surefire G2 with Z32 bezel mounted on a Surefire forearm rail.

Occasionally, my ZL H51FC rides the nightstand as well, but I just got the Quark, and the ZL has been hanging out in my hunting pack.

Also, I've been considering a replacement or upgrade for the G2 with Z32 head.....

Scottiver

Enlightened
When it's time for bed, I grab my Spy 007 and turn it on level 3 and carry that with me as I turn off the rest of the lights in the house then place it on my night stand pointed at the ceiling which gives the room a nice soothing glow til it's time to turn it off and go to sleep.
I also have my Mcgizmo Haiku there for backup and a Beretta .380 auto in the safe next to my bed for just in case. I also keep a pair of ear plugs with the gun so I don't go deaf after i've dispatched the intruder. :eek:

Last edited:

Soda

Newly Enlightened
Maglite solitare ;) and gerber infiniy ultra. The maglite is great when i wake up in the middle of the night, due to the tint and the fact it's about as bright as a candle. The infinity is for when i may need more light.

Quiksilver

Enlightened
When it's time for bed, I grab my Spy 007 and turn it on level 3 and carry that with me as I turn off the rest of the lights in the house then place it on my night stand pointed at the ceiling which gives the room a nice soothing glow til it's time to turn it off and go to sleep.
I also have my Mcgizmo Haiku there for backup and a Beretta .380 auto in the safe next to my bed for just in case. I also keep a pair of ear plugs with the gun so I don't go deaf after i've dispatched the intruder. :eek:

Careful with the ear plugs, may be grounds for criminal charges even in a self-defense scenario. Legally, you may have not been able to hear the intruder announce themselves. Could be a harmless situation turned ugly if that person you know barges in, yells out that its them, but you have your earplugs in and shoot when they come around the corner.

Or if police execute a warrant and get the wrong (or right) house, yelling as they enter. If your ear plugs are in when you start shooting ... Maybe I'm just overthinking, but I'd rather be able to hear the intruder (or somebody making an illegal and rude entry but not there to attack or commit further crime) and try to diffuse than put the ear plugs in to protect my ears while I empty a magazine into the persons torso. I could see a negligent homicide charge resulting but again I may be overthinking.

Chicken Drumstick

Flashlight Enthusiast
Probably not in the same league as most of you guys flashlights, but by my bedside I have a True Utility TU80, it's my first venture into LED flashlights and was a gift from my brother a number of years back. Suspect not the brightest by far, but a nice floody beam and suits my use. The shape of it also means it stands up with ease and doesn't fall over too easily like some flashlights can.

Ishango

Enlightened
Next to my bed is my trusty old Maglite 2AA (with NiteIze dropin nowadays), just for old times sake (it's been standing next to my bed for about 18 years now) and I normally put my EDC choice(s) of the day next to it. Currently it's a Fenix PD30 and an Olight T10. Our house is a small appartment and the garden is a shared old monastery garden. So there is no need to have my most powerful light directly next to the bed, although it's close if I ever need it.