2003 LUMMIES AWARDS: Voting Ends 12/31 23:59!

brightnorm

Flashaholic
Re: The 2003 LUMINESCENCE AWARDS: Cast your votes

Well,

As of now 2215 hits and 114 votes. 5.2% of hitters became voters, 39.5% of all members were hitters and 2% of all members voted. Some of our most distinguished members have not voted, presumably because of administrative rules.

I'd like to see a thread designed to lure non-posters to find out why they don't post or vote.

Brightnorm

Kiessling

Flashaholic

I think "hits" also counts one member repeatedly checking this thread (like me), so that number should not be accurate.
bernhard

MR Bulk

Flashaholic

Don't we have a "Poll" function or something similar on this site?

mut

Flashlight Enthusiast

Boy it sure feels good to vote. (It says flashaholic, but I still feel like a newbie alot of the time.) /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif
Especially when I think it will help manufacurers to make better products with the fuctions and options that we want.
IMHO /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinser2.gif
Thanks for putting this together guncollector. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif

shankus

Flashlight Enthusiast

guncollector, could you post the total number of ballots received, and update it, as you update the post of the members who have submitted them?

smokinbasser

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: 2003 LUMMIES AWARDS: 3 days to Vote! Ends 12/31!

I wold like to vote but when you require formatting of the nominations you have eliminated me from voting due to my ignorance of the skills needed to format it

guncollector

Enlightened

[ QUOTE ]
shankus inquires:
guncollector, could you post the total number of ballots received, and update it, as you update the post of the members who have submitted them?

[/ QUOTE ]
Please refer to the second post in this thread. It is updated regularly.

Chris M.

Flashlight Enthusiast

I submitted my vote a couple days ago but am not on the list - let me know if you didn`t get it and I`ll try from an alternative account. My primary host stupidly got themselves blacklisted by SORBS for relaying spam so my messages do get blocked now and then.

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif

guncollector

Enlightened

Chris M., got your vote.

Sorry, the tallied-list update got thrown off by another "#1481 ChrisM" (vs. your "#0173 Chris M.").

Thanks for the vote!

shankus

Flashlight Enthusiast

It looks like 156 votes tallied so far.
I wonder if it will reach 300.

Darell

Flashaholic

Ok, so I've been holding off since I haven't a frigging clue what my member number is!

Seriously. I used to proudly be #887 according to my previous "CPF Edition" flashlights. But I don't have a clue what or where my number is these days.

Can somebody help a newbie?

Stanley

Flashlight Enthusiast

Darell, just click on your own name to view your profile and your member # will be on that same page...

jtivat

Flashlight Enthusiast

Or just hold your mouse over your name and you can see your # /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Stanley

Flashlight Enthusiast

[ QUOTE ]
jtivat said:
Or just hold your mouse over your name and you can see your # /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]
Oh, that's new to me... thanks for the tip Jtivat! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif

hyeTotum

Newly Enlightened

Hmmm... Well, I think I just voted??? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

Looks like my member # was borrowed by another user listed in the "tallied votes" list. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon3.gif

Reminds me of stories of Kansas City/Chicago-style "voting" in the 30's -- even the poor souls in the graveyards were casting ballots! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Ah well, identity theft is rampant I guess. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif My vote is prolly in the :terlit:

Darell

Flashaholic

Thanks guys! I'll remember it by simply adding two to my REAL membership number I guess. OK, now I actually have to vote.... No more excuses.

McGizmo

Flashaholic
Re: 2003 LUMMIES AWARDS: 3 days to Vote! Ends 12/3

Darell,

No worries really, WE have your number and have had it for some time! Long hair and a short skirt change nothing! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Wits' End

Flashlight Enthusiast
Remote NEast Minnesota, next to Lake Superior
Re: 2003 LUMMIES AWARDS: 3 days to Vote! Ends 12/3

How about for next year doing a format post or email that is blank or has the catagories listed. I'd like either a post that is set up so it can be cut and pasted. Or to make it harder on whoever is administrating this-have an email address that we can send an email to and get a reply back that is a blank ballot. That might even make it easier as there won't be any strange formats in the votes you get.