Amilite is unbelievable

onthebeam

Enlightened
Happy to be of help. But, no list. . . Please see earlier post to contact Amilite directly. Cheers!

LEDSABER

Newly Enlightened
I just bought this today at $72.00 plus $12.00 shipping :awman: .

I should get a 10.00 refund since I'm a CPF member. I will
e-mail Amilite and see what happens.

cheapo

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well.... $84 isnt so bad for what its numbers read, but you make sure you get that $10 refund.

-David

LEDcandle

Flashlight Enthusiast
LEDSABER said:
I just bought this today at $72.00 plus $12.00 shipping :awman: .

I should get a 10.00 refund since I'm a CPF member. I will
e-mail Amilite and see what happens.

"Good things come to those who wait"
It's quite logical to wait for a GB, esp for a new light. Take it slow ya ;) Hope ya get your $10 back.

So any Singaporeans doing a GB for this to save on shipping? Or maybe CEJ bring in? It technically should be even cheaper here... :D But waiting even more might be better for those who want a modded Amilite... hmmm...

Last edited:

cheapo

Flashlight Enthusiast
why mod?????? The only things I could think of improving is the switch and the reflector (to make it a smaller spor and increase throw).

-David

LEDcandle

Flashlight Enthusiast
cheapo said:
why mod?????? The only things I could think of improving is the switch and the reflector (to make it a smaller spor and increase throw).

-David

Variable brightness, my friend :)
Nowadays I no longer hunt for the biggest lumen numbers (blasphemy!!!), but things that can be big AND small in the same package. (erm, talking about flashlights here :whistle: I think High and low output would be better terms :D )

Last edited:

cheapo

Flashlight Enthusiast
as i said... switch. That would make a fine light if it were two stages, as if it werent alreay a fine light.

-David

LEDcandle

Flashlight Enthusiast
cheapo said:
as i said... switch. That would make a fine light if it were two stages, as if it werent alreay a fine light.

-David

Well improving the switch could mean like trying to make a clicky or button somehow.... so I wouldn't have known you meant 'switch' as in 2 stage output... :p

Mike Painter

Flashlight Enthusiast
Radio said:
But we need a group buy to get the break on shipping? OK we need 20 or more people to form a list

I'm not sure this will save a lot. Who is going to repackage and remail them for nothing? The PO will give you the boxes if you go priority but you still need labels etc.

cheapo

Flashlight Enthusiast
I know... and I hope I wanst "sounding" rude. I wonder if the VG FB1 tailcap would fit its threads... hmmm.

-David

LEDcandle

Flashlight Enthusiast
cheapo said:
I know... and I hope I wanst "sounding" rude. I wonder if the VG FB1 tailcap would fit its threads... hmmm.

-David

:D I hope I wasn't sounding rude either... I was just clarifying... I guess the twisty operation keeps the light small, but having to twist it on and off for multi-stage levels (if that's how it's gonna work) is gonna be a little messy :)

Paul_in_Maryland

Flashlight Enthusiast
The Amilite illustrates why I've taken a hiatus from buying LED lights and now buy only incandescents: LED lights are improving too swiftly to allow me to be content with what I've just bought!

Perfectionist

Enlightened
Nail on the head Paul !!

I'm gonna TRY and hold back .... until the likes of Amilite, Jilite, Fenix etc start producing an improved range with built-in multi level brightness .... but then I'm afraid I may blow my entire Credit Card limit on all of them ..... :) :(

Hopefully, the mythical LRI Proton will appear just in time to prevent this !!

tsask

Flashlight Enthusiast
:wow: Looks good. I wonder how it compares with the Peak Carribean? brightness? run time??

cheapo

Flashlight Enthusiast
check out the review on flashlightreviews.com. I have not bought a light in a while, and this is the light I have been waiting for.... cant wait.

-David