Anything new on the Cool Fall front?

Zandar

Enlightened
IMO, MOST inappropriate to post THOUGHTS about pricing without Dave's approval....

Karl
Sir, If you don't mind can you please clarify why you feel that I need Data's approval to post a brief discussion about his new light that included a rough estimate on the potential cost of this light. I'm not really sure why you take offense at this action. I've had many discussions with Data in the past about costs of future lights and he never seemed offended to me. In fact, in the past there have been several derrogrative posts, by mostly non- SPY owners deriding both the cost and the design of his lights. And in each case Data handled those situations with great dignity and restraint. He went so far as to say everyone has a right to their own opinion. And in my opinion, the SPY lights are the finest lights ever made. I assure you I am not in any way criticizing Data's work or light pricing. In fact I own both a TRI-V. and a 007 and I have always gotten more than my money's worth out of these lights. Please feel to contact Data or the moderators if you feel I overstepped here,

sincerely Zandar

Last edited:

karlthev

Flashlight Enthusiast
First, I do believe I may have over reacted in relation to guessing possible pricing for Dave's newest creation. All of us who have had the good fortune to collect and use "Data's" amazing creations will attest to their superior design as well as Dave's fine character and honesty. I would never intentionally wish to degrade this thread nor any which would concern Dave or his work. Your guesstimating just didn't sit well with me in the wee hours of the morning and I " knee-jerked" in my response.

You addressed me as "sir" and I wager that was being respectful of an older guy as I am. Thanks but, I'd prefer you call me Karl, my "given name"---most folks know me by that name. :)

Finally, we agree about Dave's genius and character, a good thing.

Karl

Zandar

Enlightened
Karl,sorry to take so long to reply but my well thought out post was "lost" yesterday and again today.
I only know of you by reading your posts, and from what I can tell your a good friend of Data and were trying to act in his best interests. I understand where you are coming from, all to well, as I too have been angered in the past by some of the off color comments made about Data's lights. I'm grateful to Greta for providing a forum to us, where we can air our opinions and in many cases provide welcome constructive feedback to our custom builders, which Data does value. There are times however, when our passions can get the better of us and we need to be reminded of our manners and be reigned in.
I was raised to show respect to everyone, especially those I'm not acquainted with. And realizing I upset you, I wanted to address you in the most respectful manner, hence my use of the now "archaic" term "Sir". I'm no "spring chicken" myself but I really had no idea when I started this discussion, that I would be talking with a man born before the Civil War. :whistle:What a fascinating life you must have led so far. You've seen mankind master fire , the development of clothing, the building of the great pyramids, the compass, indoor plumbing, and of course the invention of electricity. And as you very well know, the mastery of electricity led directly to the development of flashlights even before we had indoor lighting!!
As for our discussions, I have no hard feelings towards you and would be happy to talk to on any subject you desire. Of course you have me at a huge disadvantage here, as I have to admit you don't attain the position of "World's Oldest man" without gaining a vast amount of knowledge in the process. So please have a little compassion and patience for a " youngster" such as myself!! I'm looking forward to talking to you again soon. And I thought we might discuss how your uncle built the pyramids! All the best , Zandar :nana::nana:

Last edited:
How nice to see the kids playing nice in the sandbox! Well done! Anyone who has had the good fortune to handle one of Dave's "creations" know what a wonderful piece of equipment it is. Not only the quality of the machining, but also the engineering that goes into it. I have never had the privilege to meet Dave, but I have never had an email of PM not be responded to. My Sapphire 007 is truly one of my very favorites. I can't wait to see what Dave is up to....hopefully we won't have to wait too long. :thumbsup:

Zandar

Enlightened
Hey egg, nice to know someone is watching out for us "youngsters" If the money tree can stand it, you might want to apply a fresh dose of fertilizer now, so that you can harvest a leaf and buy that new 005 around Christmas time. Can I please borrow a leaf? Zandar :thumbsup:

Last edited:

karlthev

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yes, the Civil War was tough on all of us...I remember it so well...only candles and torches back then when it got dark....:)

Karl

It's important to know if the 005 will be out before Christmas.....that way we can figure out what not to buy for the kids so we can get the light. It's all about priorities!!! Lol

Weld Inspector

Enlightened
Can someone clarify for me I thought the 007 was a 005 in titanium if that's not the case then what are the differences

My take was 005 was aluminum and 007 was same design in ti

liteboy

Flashlight Enthusiast
005 has that oval rut in the body which some don't like (me) bc the edges are sharp and traps all kinds of debris. 007 does not have this groove.

Rudi

Enlightened
I hope "soon" is fast approaching, because it has been three months since "more details soon."