ARC-FINITY AA ADAPTERS (Sold Out)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Darell

Flashaholic
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by cave dave:
I think its funny that nobody wanted an Arc AA when Gransee asked in another thread, but Mr Ted Bear sold 100 adapters in just a couple weeks.
confused.gif

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>Oh, I sure wouldn't say that nobody wanted them. There were many of us who wanted them. It's what inspired TedBear to go through this effort, actually. Peter just didn't think there would be enough need outside of the CPF for this, plus he already sells an AA light, plus there are OTHER MFGs that sell an AA, single LED light. I think the problem was that it just wouldn't be *different* enough from other offerings. I certainly do agree with you that this has shown *real* demand for this type of device. And I'm sure Peter is paying attention (seeing as how we're camped out down here in his forum and all
smile.gif
)

All bet that all the same folks who did the Arc-Finity mod would immediately turn around and buy an AA version of the AAA light right now if Peter made it. For certain purposes, it really is fantastic. Now, if it had a dimmer, and could stand on end well....

KenBar

Enlightened
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by darell:
Originally posted by cave dave:
[qb]
I bet that all the same folks who did the Arc-Finity mod would immediately turn around and buy an AA version of the AAA light right now if Peter made it. For certain purposes, it really is fantastic. Now, if it had a dimmer, and could stand on end well....
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ditto on that! I have been trying to make/borrow/steal the Arc/Infinity I now am the proud owner of for over a year and a half thanks to TedBear and his inspiration.

I was successfull in making ( having made ) an all brass version of the Infinity body. My next and final wish is a D Cell body for the arc head. It will stand on end..and accept either an infinity head or an arc head and be made of brass. Absolutely nothing has given me the pleasure of brass. I just need to find some brass stock that big. I may have to drop down to C cell size....although nothing will beat the functionality of the AA Arc/Infinity with a lithium AA cell. This will be with me on all trips. I will probably buy and Infinity red for a night light...and a new generation Arc for when I need to get down to business!
smile.gif

Mr Ted Bear

Flashlight Enthusiast
Are there are going to be any more made?

Craig, at this time the answer is NO! The last time I spoke to CMG, was regarding the Infinity battery barrels, and they said NO. I am fairly certain that they will not sell any more heads. I had some fun doing this mod, but it really did take way too much of my time.

Mr Ted Bear

Flashlight Enthusiast
this is nascar

somewhere i got a few extra, but can't put my hands on them for the life of me.

the o-rings are a standard size 7/16 x 5/16 x 1/16, and i'm sure you can easily find them at any hardware, or automotive store in your area

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts