arc4 picture thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.

kj

Enlightened
Here is the ROF-1 creator's page, but sorry, no English.

By the way, I created a composite (fake) picture of Arc4 with looking forward to the second batch... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

nexro

Enlightened
Nice pics there kj. I think the middle Arc 4 looks the best /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

BentHeadTX

Flashlight Enthusiast
Not shots, KJ...
Can you put a tailcap shroud over the switch so I can see what that looks like? The knurling looks much better than the smooth head. My thing has always been function before form as I prefer a non-slip surface. The Arc4.0 looks like a second, it was not finished.

chiaroscuro

Enlightened
Thank you,KJ. I,too,prefer the smooth head. Not only do I think it
looks better,but with the clip attached or with the forthcoming(?)
optional tailcap with lanyard holes,more knurling would be redundant.

cosco

Newly Enlightened
I voted for knurling similar to ARC LS in another thread. Now I see the plain head is really the best. But as many of us here me too do not like the clip, especially contacting that heavy knurled tail. I would like to have plain head w knurled tail and switch guard as darell demonstrated with his wedding ring.

Is there somebody of you thinking about making custom parts already?

cosco

Rothrandir

Flashaholic
cosco, as soon as i get an arc4 i'll be working on it.
i've got several things in mind /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

kj

Enlightened
A composite (fake) picture incorporating some types of shroud.

I really don't know what Peter plans and I don't know if these shrouds are technically feasible /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif I'm sure Peter's design will be more superior than these.

By the way, I took a beamshot of Arc4, but I don't think it represents the real performance. I really hope someone who has greater photo skills posts better beamshots.

***EDIT***
I removed a link to my beamshot since it may be misleading...

Matsan

Newly Enlightened
Kj san,I prefer the third one from the top.
Hope comming new talecap looks similar it.

Thanks for posting
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif

HandMeLite

Newly Enlightened
Third and fourth look pretty good. The fourth looks like what Peter mentioned in a post. The flair would help stability standing on end, considering the heavy lens end.
It could also work in the hand well to give a better grip and keep the thin end of the light from slipping.
The flair also adds to bulk, so that is a negative.
Sounds like some testing is needed. Boy, PG has us spoiled (in a good way) with all the testing.
Thanks for the pic's.

kj

Enlightened
OK. I took beamshots again. I think this represents the performance better than the previous shots.

HandMeLite

Newly Enlightened
Cool shots. Thanks.
Interesting how dim the LSH-S (bottom) looks in comparison and the blue tint in the LSL-S (top) if this is a good color representation.

LEDagent

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yeah kj, nice beamshots!

I also like how the comparison between the Arc4's beam compared to the LSHF-P's shows how much more sidespill it offers while maintaining a brighter hotspot that the Frean optic.

Also notice how the 5watt LS3 (driven at ~500mah?) still is brighter than the Arc4. But, if kj took this picture using the Arc4's primary brightness (~300mah...right?), then just imagine how bright it's boost mode would be.

chiaroscuro

Enlightened
I agree with Skyline and Matsan--- 3rd from top.Keep the lines of this beauty simple (and functional)as possible.
Are kj's photos digitally edited or is someone merrily doing alot of lathe work ?

Lagged2Death

Newly Enlightened
[offtopic]
kj, those wouldn't be Wilson Audio WATT/Puppies I see next to your TV, would they? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif
[/offtopic]

Great pictures.

Which light did you use for the "LS3" comparison? Is that the Katokichi light?

Status
Not open for further replies.