Arc4 public beta test of new switch

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rothrandir

Flashaholic
mcgyver did carry a flashlight, his lighter /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon15.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/jpshakehead.gif

gregw

Flashlight Enthusiast
T_I_N and CM,

Just wondering if you can see whether the Rev3 switch can still be modded using Cy's V1.2 tailcap mod? I'm asking since I like the short length of this mod which makes it fit the Arc LS pouch much better, and it also stands on the tail.. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/happy14.gif

kev1-1

Enlightened
Hi Peter,

Whats going to happen to international customers? For me sending the Arc 4+ back in will require expensive insured postage, on top of the cost of the already expensive Arc itself. Is it possible to only send in the faulty tailcap (which I would not feel I need to insure) and still receive the software upgrade and new Rev 3 tailcap?

Gransee

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hello Kev1-1, I hear you. International is always going to, "up the skill level" for anything we do. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

The entire light is needed for the upgrade since changes are made to both the head and battery compartment.

Shipping will be handled as a warranty return. This should reduce the taxes.

Peter

kev1-1

Enlightened
Thanks for the reply Peter! It's a shame the whole light has to be sent in...but if thats what it takes! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/takeit.gif
If you give plenty of notice of when the Rev 3 will be ready (which I know you will!), then international customers can get their lights in the post early to you. Seeing as the shipping times will already be longer, this should get the arc to you as soon as possible...and get it back to me as quick as can be! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/happy14.gif

M_R

Enlightened
Ray, CM,

Would it be possible to post pictures of the actual guts of the new switch design (I think both the head and tailcap were modified). As you two are the only ones who have one (I think Peter may have the new design as well)Just thinking that it may give an insight as to if it could be reproduced. I'm sure some of the very talented people in this forum might be able to reproduce it. This would be very beneficial to all the 4 owners if somebody took this on.

Thanks,

Matthew

lambo

Newly Enlightened
Excellent suggestion, matrudenko. I second it.

I'd been putting off sending in my 4+ rev2 for the switch fix until the new tailcap was ready, and my switch was pretty bad. (I have on my computer a number of nasty and sarcastic draft posts which, out of comity, I ultimately thought better of posting here. I now kind of wish I'd given in to the impulse after all.)

Last night, I simply took the spring and the strange little "platform" on which it sits out of the switch, and even that's an enormous improvement. Though of course the plunger slides around if it's not pressed just right.

If I can track down one of the grommets Sharkeeper posted about, that should solve the sliding plunger. But I'd really like to hear from the beta testers if they think the rev3 switch, which apparently finally got the bugs out, can be replicated. From a remark Peter made on Sharkeeper's thread, it sounds like his mod wasn't too far off from this fix.

Would you guys mind chiming in, please?

cy

Flashaholic
Lambo, I'm offering service for your ARC4 switch problem. Please PM

Eric_M

Enlightened
Look at page 3472 of the www.mcmaster.com online catalog.

You'll find any grommet you need.

[ QUOTE ]
lambo said:
Excellent suggestion, matrudenko. I second it.

I'd been putting off sending in my 4+ rev2 for the switch fix until the new tailcap was ready, and my switch was pretty bad. (I have on my computer a number of nasty and sarcastic draft posts which, out of comity, I ultimately thought better of posting here. I now kind of wish I'd given in to the impulse after all.)

Last night, I simply took the spring and the strange little "platform" on which it sits out of the switch, and even that's an enormous improvement. Though of course the plunger slides around if it's not pressed just right.

If I can track down one of the grommets Sharkeeper posted about, that should solve the sliding plunger. But I'd really like to hear from the beta testers if they think the rev3 switch, which apparently finally got the bugs out, can be replicated. From a remark Peter made on Sharkeeper's thread, it sounds like his mod wasn't too far off from this fix.

Would you guys mind chiming in, please?

[/ QUOTE ]

lambo

Newly Enlightened
Thanks, cy. I was keeping your much appreciated services in reserve until I tried the 30-cent fix. I picked up the grommets today, and, with a couple alterations of my own, I can't imagine it could be any better.

Well, perhaps your workaround is better, I don't know, but this is certainly good enough, at least for now. I think I might even eventually get over being angry with this light.

Thanks for the offer of help, and also for picking up the ball with these lights. You're a gentleman.

Eric Maier -- Thanks for the pointer, but I found the grommets locally, believe it or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts