Best flashlight under $100 bucks! Convoy L6 3800 lumen. A MUST HAVE!

mikekoz

Flashlight Enthusiast
Now I am interested in this light. I have a few single 26550 lights that also can use 3AA cells and come with an adapter. I wonder if I can use 2 of these adapters to run it on 6AA's? The adapters are about the same size as the 26550's. The run time would not be as good, but it would be an alternative power source!

vestureofblood

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi mikekoz,

Those adapters are great for emergency power sources. They're not going to fit in this light though. The tube diameter is not quite large enough.

Slayer1

Newly Enlightened
I just got my Xtar 26650 5000mah protected and its a tight fit into L6 even though it diameter is 26.5 +/- 0.3mm.
Need to use a slight force but I can live with it.

vestureofblood

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just received my shipping notice this afternoon. :rock:
Everyone that placed an order between 7/9 and 7/28 has a package on the way :) My shipment of chargers and cells will be here in a couple days and then the rest of the orders will be heading out as well...

Thanks again everyone. Please feel free to leave your thoughts and impressions in the thread!

adirondackdestroyer

Flashlight Enthusiast
Everyone that placed an order between 7/9 and 7/28 has a package on the way :) My shipment of chargers and cells will be here in a couple days and then the rest of the orders will be heading out as well...

Thanks again everyone. Please feel free to leave your thoughts and impressions in the thread!

Were you able to get the shorter keeppower cells by chance?

SuPpAvIlLiN

Enlightened
Got the L-6 today. Sturdy well made light. Only bummer is the keep power 26650's are so long they don't fit in my 26650 charger. Little disappointing, not sure why they would make them vary in size like that.

Last edited:

sidecross

Flashlight Enthusiast
Got the L-6 today. Sturdy well made light. Only bummer is the keep power 26650's are so long they don't fit in my 26650 charger. Little disappointing.
The Keeppower 26650 protected 5500mAh batteries vary from 70.5mm to over 71.1mm. If your knowledge is up to speed you can use non-protected batteries. The L6 in stock form draws 5.5 amps.

SuPpAvIlLiN

Enlightened
The Keeppower 26650 protected 5500mAh batteries vary from 70.5mm to over 71.1mm. If your knowledge is up to speed you can use non-protected batteries. The L6 in stock form draws 5.5 amps.

The keep powers work fine in the light. It's my charger that I was not aware they would it fit in. Charger says 26650's so I figured it would charge all 26650. Working on rigging something now.

Last edited:

sidecross

Flashlight Enthusiast
The keep powers work fine in the light. It's my charger that I was not aware they would it fit in. Charger says 26650's so I figured it would charge all 26650. Working on rigging something now.
What brand charger is it, it would be good to know what charger cannot handle 70mm plus batteries; the same problem would likely occur with 18650 batteries of the same length.

CelticCross74

Flashlight Enthusiast
had the L6 for some weeks now and still have gotta say with conviction MY GOODNESS!! This thing(at least my copy)is well built just as much as a $200 light. I lost my tac ring for it which drives me up the wall but hey. I am still using the 2 King Kong 4000mah high amp 26650's at the time they were the only cells that came under 70mm and I wanted to test King Kongs stellar reputation and so far so very very good. NOW...gonna throw this sub $100 light into the best light under $100 category-any of the new 3rd Gen XML2 Mags. Doesnt matter 2 C cell or 3 D cell they are incredible especially the heavily knurled LX models. They max at "only" 625 lumens but they can be had for under 50 bucks....

SuPpAvIlLiN

Enlightened
What brand charger is it, it would be good to know what charger cannot handle 70mm plus batteries; the same problem would likely occur with 18650 batteries of the same length.
It is a NiteCore intella charger.
EDIT: Charger is a NiteCore i2

Last edited:

sidecross

Flashlight Enthusiast
had the L6 for some weeks now and still have gotta say with conviction MY GOODNESS!! This thing(at least my copy)is well built just as much as a $200 light. I lost my tac ring for it which drives me up the wall but hey. I am still using the 2 King Kong 4000mah high amp 26650's at the time they were the only cells that came under 70mm and I wanted to test King Kongs stellar reputation and so far so very very good. NOW...gonna throw this sub $100 light into the best light under $100 category-any of the new 3rd Gen XML2 Mags. Doesnt matter 2 C cell or 3 D cell they are incredible especially the heavily knurled LX models. They max at "only" 625 lumens but they can be had for under 50 bucks....
+1

The build quality is excellent and this is an excellent flashlight. For the price there is no better flashlight and as a straight up stock flashlight at any price it is a player. :thumbsup:

sidecross

Flashlight Enthusiast
This is the best flashlight at this price; the L6 N2-3C emitter is excellent as well.

My appreciation to the creation of this thread, and my thanks to Matt at Adventure Sport Flashlights for the excellent selling and delivery of this flashlight. :thumbsup:

SuPpAvIlLiN

Enlightened
Managed to get the cells charged. Put them in and fired this bad boy up. Excellent light. Build is extremely solid, no battery jiggle, throws decent and is damn bright at 3500. I noticed a flikker in hi mode..Low,Med, Turbo are fine. but it goes away after using the light for a bit though wich I was happy to see but don't understand. For 60 bucks it's a great buy. Just make sure you don't buy the keep powers if you use a nitecore i2 charger they don't fit.
Thank you Matt for bringing my attention to this light.

Last edited:

Latest posts