Best flashlight under $100 bucks! Convoy L6 3800 lumen. A MUST HAVE!

sidecross

Flashlight Enthusiast
ohhh this made me get out the calipers! I got 71.0mm on both my protected 5200mah Keeppowers I got from Matt. The pair of King Kong based protected high amp 4000mah EVVA cells in my L6 came out at 68.5mm and to wrap up my 26650 lights I got 68.5mm off the new IMR 5200mah Keeppower in my R40 and 67.5mm off the Olight proprietary 4000mah cell it replaced.
I have read reports of sizes varying from 70.5mm to 71.1mm; I have two at 70.5mm. I am using either unprotected or protected but under 70.0mm batteries for my Convoy L6.

SuPpAvIlLiN

Enlightened
What battery do you guys feel is best for this light? I don't mind paying more for a better battery, as long as it fits and works in this light. I'm afraid to choose one on my own because of what happened with the last ones. Matt took care of me on those , great service from him and Adventure Sports.

Charlie Hustle

Newly Enlightened
What battery do you guys feel is best for this light? I don't mind paying more for a better battery, as long as it fits and works in this light. I'm afraid to choose one on my own because of what happened with the last ones. Matt took care of me on those , great service from him and Adventure Sports.

If you're looking for a set of 26650 batteries that actually fit in the L6 without magnets, or a battery connector the MNKE IMR-26650 (orange color) fit perfect. It would be wise to own a digital multimeter to test the voltage of the batteries often as there is no protection circuitry on the batteries themselves.

adirondackdestroyer

Flashlight Enthusiast

That's the EXACT same situation Ive been in for the past week and a half! lol The protected King Kongs aren't available anymore, and the short keeppowers are never in stock either.

sidecross

Flashlight Enthusiast
Matt at Adventure Sports Flashlights does provide excellent service.

But on the subject at hand I use both protected and unprotected batteries. First if using unprotected make sure there is contact for two batteries in series and that the length of any two batteries, protected or not, is neither too tall or too short.

SuPpAvIlLiN

Enlightened
Matt at Adventure Sports Flashlights does provide excellent service.

But on the subject at hand I use both protected and unprotected batteries. First if using unprotected make sure there is contact for two batteries in series and that the length of any two batteries, protected or not, is neither too tall or too short.
What protected batteries do you use in the L6? Im just about willing to buy whatever protected battery fits at this point.

sidecross

Flashlight Enthusiast
What protected batteries do you use in the L6? Im just about willing to buy whatever protected battery fits at this point.
I have Fenix 4800mAh 26650 Protected batteries that came with my Fenix FD 40 and Pd40.

Last edited:

Truglo

Newly Enlightened
Hi Folks. New guy here from Australia. I took the plunge on one of these with Adventure Sports Flashlights (I think)

Matt was good to deal with. I hope this lives up to the hype. Thanks to the members for the wealth of information here.

Offgridled

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi Folks. New guy here from Australia. I took the plunge on one of these with Adventure Sports Flashlights (I think)

Matt was good to deal with. I hope this lives up to the hype. Thanks to the members for the wealth of information here.

Matt is great to deal with and knows his flashlights very well. You'll be very happy. Can't wait to hear back. And welcome to your new way of flashlight living:)

vudoo

Enlightened

I am from Melbourne and have bought from Matt of ASF. Your in great hands. [emoji106]

jonnyfgroove

Enlightened
I finally got a chance to take this light for a night woods hike up in Tahoe, and wow is it ever a must have! The beam and tint are both absolutely gorgeous (mine is the 3C tint), and of course the output on turbo is astounding. I love everything about this light excluding some minor gripes about the UI.

sidecross

Flashlight Enthusiast
I finally got a chance to take this light for a night woods hike up in Tahoe, and wow is it ever a must have! The beam and tint are both absolutely gorgeous (mine is the 3C tint), and of course the output on turbo is astounding. I love everything about this light excluding some minor gripes about the UI.
+1

I have the same model (N2-3C) and it is a great light! :thumbsup:

sidecross

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ok thank you. Must be a good battery 19 bucks a pop. Still on the look out for something a little cheaper.
Yes, there are other good batteries to choose from, I am currently not using protected batteries. My interest is towards higher amperage and voltage and not capacity.

jonnyfgroove

Enlightened
Yay, I finally got a shipping notice for these unicorn 69.5mm protected keepower cells. I've been using this proprietary battery pack for now. :eek:

e5fb00a9-00d5-4bcf-be86-f09807ca9ae3.jpg

Koam

Newly Enlightened
I experimented with the L6 tonight by putting protected Keeeppower 5200mah cells in it and it would just flicker on high mode non stop. Switched back to my much shorter King Kongs and it was fine. Dented in a positive terminal on one of the Keeppowers I had to use that much force to screw the tail cap all the way on. Still works though.

Since the light works with the head partially unscrewed, which lengthens the tube, you could use longer batteries. An external o-ring between the head and tube might help a bit for weatherproofing until you find the optimal length batteries. Just a thought.

CelticCross74

Flashlight Enthusiast
nah I already still have the now suddenly unavailable EVVA 4000mah 10amp cells in the light and they fit amazingly well and power the light perfectly. Was just trying the bigger Keeppowers as an experiment and man not only do they not fit the big L6 without potential damage neither of them fit in any of my other 26650 lights.

Latest posts