best games

Taboot

Enlightened
SNES - FZero
N64 - Goldeneye 007 and my all time favorite game: Wave Race 64!
Atari - Decathalon
PC - Civilization and Quake

Pher

Newly Enlightened
New Consoles-Either the Metal Gear Games Or Grand Theft Autos
N64-This one is hard because I have a lot of favorites, but my favorite three are Zelda Ocarina of Time, Super Mario 64, or Golden eye.
Computer-I guess I've actually never played any computer Games
Classic-I never played really many of them because I'm not old enough, but I like playing the original Zelda on Game boy even though i suck at it.

Also if you want to see a game with insane graphics, play Metal Gear Solid 4. Awesome lighting and its literally a movie with a game attached to it.

Last edited:

dudemar

Flashlight Enthusiast
There were lots.:naughty:

I grew up in Japan, so I had a Famicom before I ever had a Nintendo. Though it never came out here in the States, my favorite game was Gradius II (Yes, there was a II). It still has stunning graphics/music, and it is still very much a challenge to play. I love it. There was an RPG by the name of "Famicom Jump" what was then a tribute to the 20th anniversary of Jump Comics. IMO it is the best RPG ever made. I pull it out every now and then to play it, and sure enough it never gets old.

1943 was SO MUCH FUN.

On the Sega Genesis, Ghouls 'n Ghosts was awesome. The Phantasy Star and Shining in the Darkness series were so much fun. I like PS3 in particular, but I admit the attacks displayed by the enemies sucked really bad. I know everyone hated it but I loved it. The Turbo Grafix 16 was a fun system, I always loved it. Keith Courage in Alpha Zones, Veigues Tactical Gladiator, Bonk's Adventure, Legendary Axe, you name it.

On the more recent systems, Einhander by Square Soft was downright amazing. Killer graphics, gameplay, music, sound effects and a TOTAL B***H to beat, it made for hours on end of gameplay.

I still wish I had an Endymion II in real life.:D

Silent Hill is hands down one of the best games ever made. It was released 10 years ago, but it's still a very scary game. Pop in the disc, turn up the volume, turn off the lights, and I guarantee you'll be scared $#!7L355. Same thing goes for Silent Hill 2-4. I haven't played Origins or Homecoming (Prequel and part 5, respectively), but I'm willing to bet those are great games as well.

Sorry for the long rant!:party:

...and remember... Genesis Does while NintenDon't.

SEGA!:laughing:

Last edited:

1wrx7

Enlightened
Wow it's really hard to pick just one. I think I'll go with the Metal Gear series. I started with Metal Gear on the NES I think in 1988. Metal Gear Solid 4 on the PS3 is one of the most beautifully rendered games I've ever played. Great story, great gameplay. 20 years of amazing entertainment YMMV

Hitthespot

Flashlight Enthusiast
My son and I had a blast playing Goldeneye 007 when it came out.

Waverace was fun.

BUT the winner is HALO on line !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

gazz98

Newly Enlightened
For the pc...

Leisure Suit Larry 1
Space Quest 1
Police Quest 1

ahhhh memories on my 286.

That brings back a few memories!

I'll add Ultima and Myth. I loved Myth.

Many of my favorite newer games have been mentioned. CounterStrike is a classic. I enjoyed the Splinter Cell series too.

cerbie

Enlightened
Old console: Super Mario Brothers, the real 2 ("Lost levels"), and 3; Castlevanias, Chronotrigger, and Earthbound.

PC: Doom, Doom II, Mechwarrior 2-4, of which 2 brings back sad dial-up multiplayer memories. How'd we survive until broadband? I just found my MW2: mercs CD a few days ago. I may have to fire up a virtual DOS box. Oh, and Quake (and Quake World), Quake II (best FFA DM), SS: Tribes (best CTF), Descent, Starcraft, Diablo, Diablo II, Half-Life, Civilization III...and, more recently, of all things, nethack.

New consoles: Final Fantasies, Castlevanias (but not PoR).

oronocova

Enlightened
16 Years ago (geesh... that is a lot longer than it seems!!) I would have gladly challenged anyone to a game of Super Mario Cart.

slick228

Newly Enlightened
I can't believe no one mentioned World of Warcraft! They have millions of subscriber and the expansion, Wrath of the Lich King, was just released about 3 weeks ago.

StarHalo

Flashaholic
Screenshot bump

GTASample.jpg

Livin' large in San Andreas..

Flying Turtle

Flashaholic
Haven't played in a long time, but I spent far too many hours mastering Pilotwings64 and Mario Golf on N64.

Geoff

manoloco

Enlightened
N64 - Goldeneye 007 and my all time favorite game: Wave Race 64!

There isnt enough people in this world that appreciate the gem WAVE RACE 64 is its one of the most immersive, fun racing games i have ever played definitely one of my favorite games of all times.

at the moment i dont play as often as i did before (sometimes even months or weeks pass before i even fire up a game, my job leaves me little time for that), but lately i have been recovering ground and been playing GTR evolution, Lock On: Modern Air combat

from my top list of all times:

Wipeout XL (PS) (must be played with a NeGcon)
Prince of Persia 2 (PC) (i liked PoP but the second was great)
Kings Quest series (PC)
Space Quest series (PC)
Monkey Island (PC)
Both Maniac Mansions (PC, the DOTT full talkie version IS AWESOME)
Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis (PC)
Full Throttle (PC)
The Dig (PC)
The King of Fighters 98 (Arcade)
Super Street Fighter 2 Turbo (Arcade)
Digger (PC)
Robocop (Arcade)
Fzero (SNES)
Double Dragon series (NES ones)
Counter-Strike (PC)
StarCraft (PC)

one i have to mention separate from the list and i would love to own the cabinet, is MONACO GP arcade, the game doesnt even have a cpu, its transistor logic based, and its the game that made me love racing games, its from the late 70s, so you can imagine i played it very very young, the arcade near my house kept it for eons, so i played it from time to time, but never too often, i wasnt supposed to spend money on arcade games at my childhood.

and like a million that i dont remember

StarHalo

Flashaholic
one i have to mention separate from the list and i would love to own the cabinet, is MONACO GP arcade, the game doesnt even have a cpu, its transistor logic based

There is reportedly a MAME copy of this game which actually contains and, if played on the correct emulator, reproduces the entirety of the Monaco GP chipset so that the game plays as-is. Some bits and pieces of info here: http://www.retroroms.net/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=4276&forum=1&post_id=22165