Binge worthy series

bykfixer

Flashaholic
Started watching the "new" Justified. Mrs Fixer does not like the new Rayland Givens. "His demeanor is too whimpy now" she says. I said "have you noticed he has gray hair now? You know, the older/wiser Rayland?" She says yeah but he needs to knock the p!$$ out of that daughter of his". I said "now that I do agree with you on".

Only 8 episodes.

SCEMan

Flashlight Enthusiast
Started watching the "new" Justified. Mrs Fixer does not like the new Rayland Givens. "His demeanor is too whimpy now" she says. I said "have you noticed he has gray hair now? You know, the older/wiser Rayland?" She says yeah but he needs to knock the p!$$ out of that daughter of his". I said "now that I do agree with you on".

Only 8 episodes.
Sad parody of the original minus the great characters and innovative writing.

bykfixer

Flashaholic
Star Trek strange worlds season 2 is holding my attention. It's not about a bunch of far fetched fantasy stuff bogging my brain with "whatthehell did I just see" while pulverizing you with Star Wars copy battle scenes, so far. Nope it's got stories I can actually relate to. Made it through the first 6 episodes (2 disks) and got all drowsy-like at 10pm, which is about an hour past my bed time.

Unlike numerous modern Star Trek series' I plan on plopping in disk 3 later today.

I get the sense of The Next Generation where the first season was trying to adjust to the new characters and the second season getting into the actual stories being portrayed. This one, Spock is turned into a human for an episode and it worked. Another was about the Federation's former Jim Crow style attitude toward some genetically altered folks. Another involved a character facing the choice of killing Khan as a child but severly altering space/time causing numerous colleagues to no longer exist.

It's old school Star Trek with younger faces.

SCEMan

Flashlight Enthusiast
"The Shield"
I had heard about it for a long time and finally getting around to watching it.
Wow. Gritty SoCal police drama echoing the Darryl Gates LAPD days.

orbital

Flashlight Enthusiast
+

So went full binge mode and finished watching Hell on Wheels series.
Had no expectations on it because I got it really cheap (new)

If you can find it cheap, GET IT! Great series that just gets better & better as it goes on.
Unlike some other series, it's a good story that has a definitive beginning & end to it.

fully recommend

1706625663694.jpeg

raggie33

*the raggedier*
been watching the new george lopez show its dang good. also trigger happy tv due to my odd sence of humor

raggie33

*the raggedier*
btw triger happy tv isnt a gun show its like impractical jokers but a bit more silly and funny to me and itrigger came out first

raggie33

*the raggedier*
crew carey show not sure if this show relates to those who wasnt born in cleveland ohio. but omg it gives me joy to watch i watch and recall living in downtown clevelnd ohio . sure are lake caught we had are water catch on fire lol. but what a fun town. plus come on drew carey js funny lol

Toulouse42

Enlightened
The comments about Star Trek remind me that I have a book called "The Making of Star Trek" written by Roddenberry himself. It was amazing how much effort he went to in making the whole more credible. He constantly had to fight the studio as they were always at him to reduce costs, not realising that he was creating a whole new phenomenon. If you notice signs of cost cutting (reusing old sets etc) then that's not his fault.

The first Star Trek movie was a big disappointment. You could see where the money went on CGI and beautiful sets, but not much effort on the story. Plus the direction was not great - too much standing around looking very important.

Toulouse42

Enlightened
Oh and yes, Hell on Wheels absolutely brilliant. A shame that the actor Common left but I understand his reasons.

There is a song in the last episode by Ane Brun called "All my tears be washed away" which was very poignant for me as my dad died around that time.

yeoldoak

Newly Enlightened
I have a short attention span and struggle with most, but this held me for
the duration, it Packs so much into short episodes and I thoroughly enjoyed.
If your able to find it give it a look in.

Scott Ryans "Mr Inbetween"
Australian black comedy-crime drama, limited TV series.
Ray Shoesmith, an assassin by profession, finds it difficult to juggle between various roles of a father, lover and a friend.
Mr Inbetween.jpg

vicv

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have a short attention span and struggle with most, but this held me for
the duration, it Packs so much into short episodes and I thoroughly enjoyed.
If your able to find it give it a look in.

Scott Ryans "Mr Inbetween"
Australian black comedy-crime drama, limited TV series.
Ray Shoesmith, an assassin by profession, finds it difficult to juggle between various roles of a father, lover and a friend.View attachment 58101
This is possibly the best show that's come out in a decade. It's so good.