Binge worthy series

sim1tti

Newly Enlightened
It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia.

Sixteen seasons of the worst people on earth, all on Hulu. Danny DeVito adds so much when he came on in season two. What an amazing dirtbag.

Toulouse42

Enlightened
You can watch without downloading. Since I have the right to watch whatever I want, I don't consider watching to be stealing.
Hi vincent. I am no expert on US law but over here, viewing is legally considered as "consuming" the product. It has to be paid for even if it is not downloaded. If you are confident that you are right, then, great. Otherwise posting that statement on the tinterweb might not be wise.

vicv

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi vincent. I am no expert on US law but over here, viewing is legally considered as "consuming" the product. It has to be paid for even if it is not downloaded. If you are confident that you are right, then, great. Otherwise posting that statement on the tinterweb might not be wise.
🏴‍☠️🏴‍☠️🏴‍☠️

pnwoutdoors

Enlightened

Someone crafted and created it. Most want to get compensated for such costs and they charge for its use/consumption. Assuming it isn't being offered by the creator for free, then someone who acquires and consumes it without paying is why such piracy/theft laws exist. (In the U.S., the whole "5yrs and/or $250K fine" thing.)

Grew up learning "Never lie, cheat or steal." In short, taking something unpaid-for is stealing.

vicv

Flashlight Enthusiast
Fellas, let's not try to turn this into a thread on whether content piracy is wrong or not. We all have our own opinions on the matter and that is not going to change for One. I'm not interested in hearing the opinions of people on either side.

vincent3685

Newly Enlightened
Fellas, let's not try to turn this into a thread on whether content piracy is wrong or not. We all have our own opinions on the matter and that is not going to change for One. I'm not interested in hearing the opinions of people on either side.
Here is a screenshot of the FBI Anti-Piracy warning;
1710263078944.png

Note that it says; Unauthorized reproduction or distribution of a copyrighted work is illegal. It's in the name; COPYright.

Last edited:

vicv

Flashlight Enthusiast
Here is a screenshot of the FBI Anti-Piracy warning;
View attachment 59048
Note that it says; Unauthorized reproduction or distribution of a copyrighted work.
I think you misunderstand. I'm not arguing on whether it's illegal or not. I'm saying that no one gives a flying duck. Seriously, this is a flashlight forum not an anti-piracy consortium. unless if you have never gone over the speed limit, or anything else that could be deemed aninfraction or an illegal activity, I don't think you need to be spouting off. This particular topic is about shows people are watching. Not about piracy. That being said, you are correct

Last edited:

Dave_H

Flashlight Enthusiast
I think you misunderstand. I'm not arguing on whether it's illegal or not. I'm saying that no one gives a flying duck. Seriously, this is a flashlight forum not an anti-piracy consortium. unless if you have never gone over the speed limit, or anything else that could be deemed aninfraction or an illegal activity, I don't think you need to be spouting off. This particular topic is about shows people are watching. Not about piracy. That being said, you are correct
Agreed, I have my own thoughts on this, perhaps those who want to carry on that discussion could open another "off topic" thread, and see how long that lasts. Let's not invite a visit from Mr.Ed.

I put my name on the list to borrow season 2 of "Annika", with 18 copies I am #205 on the list. That's the sometimes downside of getting it free for 3 weeks, above board. Oh well. Has anyone else seen this series?

Dave

vincent3685

Newly Enlightened
This is an off-topic discussion in the Cafe section of the forum.
I was originally responding to the post by Orbital who said he was looking for season 2 of Counterpart since last summer and complained it was too expensive to purchase. I suggested several ways he could watch it for free. Then Lux Luthor stated , "yeah, I don't believe in torrent stealing". To which I responded, "You can watch without downloading."

vicv

Flashlight Enthusiast
This is an off-topic discussion in the Cafe section of the forum.
I was originally responding to the post by Orbital who said he was looking for season 2 of Counterpart since last summer and complained it was too expensive to purchase. I suggested several ways he could watch it for free. Then Lux Luthor stated , "yeah, I don't believe in torrent stealing". To which I responded, "You can watch without downloading."
Yeah, I get it. I wasn't specifically saying it against you. Just saying that I don't think this is the right place to discuss whether piracy is moral or not. That's a whole can of worms, that people feel much stronger about than they really should. Like all the electric car threads. Like if you don't like them, just don't get it. There's no conspiracy.

scottk2112

Newly Enlightened
We just finished re-watching it. Amazing show!
Fortunately, we forgot most things from our original viewing so it was like seeing it for the first time!
I love when that happens…when the re-watch is like the first time. The suspense is still there instead of predictability.

bykfixer

Flashaholic
Watching WKRP series for the first time since it was broadcast. Seasons 1 and 2 were great. Season 3 is running out of steam. I'm starting to see why it was halted after Season 4.

Some shows can go years and years with the players being authentic. Others only last a short while before the players are no longer believable. By Season 3 of WKRP the players began to 'ham it up' and over play their respective roles.