Brinkmann 6D Legend @ Tractor Supply Co.

EscapeVelocity

Enlightened
I just went by there today and wandered over to their flashlight section. They had some nice Brinkmann Armormax Tactical in 2xCR123, 2c, 3c (but I dont like tail cap switches in larger lights and the Lithium slot was empty). But they also had this HUGE 6D Krypton bulb Legend, that looks a lot like a Maglite. Anybody seen this?

The head seems to be a bit smaller than a MagLite.

Bet it'll be a collector's item as they wont sell through many of them until clearance. There had to be a substantial production run though to supply Tractor Supply Co....but I bet that is it. This thing isnt even on the Brinkmann site. Neither is the 4D version though. The 2D and 3D versions are on the Brinkmann site though.

EscapeVelocity

Enlightened
That Defiant 550 is OOS everywhere including online. But I read that it only has one mode. On/Off.....and thus would be a battery killer, and significantly diminshes my interest in it. I like that the switch is not on the butt cap like the Rayovac Indestructible 3C, which is why I returned that one. I ended up picking up a Rayovac Sportsman Extreme 180 Lumen 3C with the Aluminum tube which I like, and has a 2 Mode Hi/Lo, and starts off at the Low 75 Lumen settting, which I tend to use...as its not all that dimmer than the 180 Lumen High setting.

But getting back to the Brinkmann 6D, no wonder the Incandescent Forum is nearly dead. You cant even get a modicum of excitement or discussion going about a new 6D Brinkmann.

StarHalo

Flashaholic
You cant even get a modicum of excitement or discussion going about a new 6D Brinkmann.

If you bought the Brinkmann and a similarly-priced Foursevens Mini MA 1xAA, the Brinkmann would see literally less than one percent use versus the Foursevens. You're not going to use a 6D to walk to your car in a parking lot, look inside your car, walk to the bathroom at night, work behind the TV/computer, search for a small dropped item, etc - pretty much nearly all tasks you'd need a light for.

I love my 600 lumen 2D Mag, but it gathers dust while I use the 0.1-to-800 lumen light in my pocket daily..

Chrontius

Flashlight Enthusiast
Still want a 6D ROP.

May see if I can find a local Tractor Supply and pick one up. Anyone know if the switches can stand up to thick chewy amps?

DaveG

Enlightened
The Tractor Supply I was at had a Brinkman in 6-d but had a led in it.I got a Mag 6-d on close out last year at TS when they upgraded the flashlight dept in that store.If I remember right the 6-d led Brinkman was not very bright per info on pkg.

EscapeVelocity

Enlightened
Yeah it's rated 180 Lumens and is LED. I guess I didnt pay that much attention when I first noticed it.

ericjohn

Enlightened
I have seen 6 D Maglites at Tractor Supply the one time I went there. Their prices are ungodly expensive though. I didn't think Brinkmann still made lights that size. Does Brinkmann have a website where they display these lights? I used to work at a hardware dealer and we carried some 2D and 3D Brinkmanns, but I didn't buy them for the simple fact that they are chinese made. I was there today purchasing a breaker and they no longer carry those Brinks. However; they do have several Desert Storm 3D Maglites. I sure have my eyesset on them.