Calling CPF'ers in Singapore... Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

AtomSphere

Enlightened
Re: Green laser pointer

Any ideas if there is any other stores in singapore selling wide range of surefire accessories other than shears? O specificly need an MN60 which i waited for more than one month from them

falconz

Newly Enlightened
Re: Green laser pointer

Perhaps u could try the army market at Beach rd. The Sngarms there sell some old Surefires and some Surefire accessories(including lamps) too.

Red_Dot

Newly Enlightened
MO for Arc AAA (Premium Edition)

Am thinking of doing a Mass Order for the Arc AAA (Premium) when it goes on sale - anyone interested ? Am looking at getting another 8 local CPFers to join in to make it a total of 10 pcs to share the freight costs etc.
Details will be worked out later - but should be the cost of light + divided shipping costs of 10 lights. Would like to guage the interest level for this light, so pls state your interest here.

(Pls note my opening sentence : "Am thinking.." if it gets too messy, then would have call off the MO. I've done 2 rounds of MO for Lensmate G3 adapters on Clubsnap and am happy to report that it went well both times)

falconz

Newly Enlightened
Re: MO for Arc AAA (Premium Edition)

Red Dot: Yep I'm interested for the ARC AAA!

Atomsphere: ur welcome, I bought my R30 lamp from there, so it's worth a try. N u are rite on the waiting time at Shears!

KevinL

Flashlight Enthusiast

Try Surefireparts. Seriously. Global Priority takes exactly 7 days to reach here (all bets are off during Christmas season though). Send jcciv a PM, be nice to him...

And that guy comes up with all kinds of exotic stuff that I can ask for... how he digs it up is just amazing /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/happy14.gif

I checked out that shop at Beach Road, US$175 for a 7Z /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif geez, even my M3 Combatlight was cheaper (freight included). US$85 for a 3P. Yup, they still have 3Ps, and my take is, they will continue to have for a long time!! The 7Z is basically a rechargeable R60/P60 powered light with stepped-down grip to look like the Z3/M3 Combatlights, comes with overnight slow charger and NiCads. Very much obsolete, though a nice collector's item. But even the collectors I spoke to said no way are they putting down that much $.

AtomSphere

Enlightened
Re: Calling CPF\'ers in Singapore... Part 3

[ QUOTE ]
KevinL said:
Try Surefireparts. Seriously. Global Priority takes exactly 7 days to reach here (all bets are off during Christmas season though). Send jcciv a PM, be nice to him...

And that guy comes up with all kinds of exotic stuff that I can ask for... how he digs it up is just amazing /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/happy14.gif

I checked out that shop at Beach Road, US$175 for a 7Z /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif geez, even my M3 Combatlight was cheaper (freight included). US$85 for a 3P. Yup, they still have 3Ps, and my take is, they will continue to have for a long time!! The 7Z is basically a rechargeable R60/P60 powered light with stepped-down grip to look like the Z3/M3 Combatlights, comes with overnight slow charger and NiCads. Very much obsolete, though a nice collector's item. But even the collectors I spoke to said no way are they putting down that much $.

[/ QUOTE ]
surefireparts is a webby? they do sales to international customers?

edited:
Ah found his website from his profile... thanks KelvinL

vaism

Newly Enlightened
Clear blue ocean & windswept coconut trees..

i personally think it's kinda too small a flashlight market in S'pore that the prices really shoot sky high. makes me rather buy online with some shippin' risks den pay 60% more for my L4.

Reddot, i'm kinda interested too.. pls keep me informed when prices are out! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thanks.gif

vaism

Newly Enlightened

btw, what do you'll think of buyin' the mcgizmo's 2stage tailcap? S$80 can buy me another light! true, it's more convenient to hav a hi-lo in a single light.. but.. heck! it can buy me another light!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/Christo_pull_hair.gif

hmmm.. still tryin' to convince myself! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

KevinL

Flashlight Enthusiast

Of course he does international sales if not how would I get my lights /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Oh yeah, forgot to include the URL of the website (yes, I spell it "W-E-B-S-I-T-E"..) http://www.lighthound.com

With Global Priority the risks are pretty low. Global Express (trackable) is even lower. I only use normal airmail for the unimportant stuff or very small $10 items. Don't worry /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rolleye11.gif

The two-stage tailcaps are nice, but a little bit pricey agreed. However, once you've tried your first variable power light, even if it has only high/low, you'll be hooked and it will be impossible for you to turn back /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Edited: Just noticed you have an L4. The L4 gets way too hot after some time in our weather.. you will definitely appreciate the tailcap especially if you EDC it. Then you can work on other lights after you have the tailcap. I'd invest in my EDC first, only after I have settled that, then I can work on the others. After all, the EDC is the most likely to be used and the best use of our never-enough $$ /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

vaism

Newly Enlightened

prob need to wait for an excuse to reward myself!

ya.. Agreed. it gets terribly hot i can't even hold on.. makes me think the led might burn out anytime! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif

Red_Dot

Newly Enlightened

Understand the Luxbright has just posted a Group Buy for the Arc AAA (Premium)under the GB Thread - which is correct, but since this is already here, you can still post your interest here.

so far the list is as follows :
1) Red Dot
2) Red Dot
3) falconz
4) vaism (kinda interested)
5) Luxbright

Red_Dot

Newly Enlightened

[ QUOTE ]
vaism said:
btw, what do you'll think of buyin' the mcgizmo's 2stage tailcap? S$80 can buy me another light! true, it's more convenient to hav a hi-lo in a single light.. but.. heck! it can buy me another light!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/Christo_pull_hair.gif

hmmm.. still tryin' to convince myself! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

the 2-stage tail is ex. if you convert back to local S$, but after using it on my lights (PR-T & TW4) I find that it is really worth the $ and quite indispensable, so much so that for most of my lights, I would try to go for the 2 stage switch if its available - both my QIIIs are also with 2 stage, cos most of the time, you use the low beam to get about in the dark without affecting your night vision, only when you need to shine 15-20m at the barking dog or to see where the funny sound/image is coming from do I use the high beam. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

(oh, btw..I had my first shock when I went to UK in 1998 and bought a can of Coke for 1 pound from vending machine - which was S$3)

vaism

Newly Enlightened

Hey Red_Dot.. thanks! but now... the funds for de "may-be" 2stage switch has juz been diverted to /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/buttrock.gif/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/buttrock.gif/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/buttrock.gif/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/buttrock.gif
THE ARC AAA PREMIUM! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bowdown.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bowdown.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bowdown.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bowdown.gif

I've confirmed on Luxbright's list. So juz update would you not? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/knight.gif

falconz

Newly Enlightened

[ QUOTE ]
KevinL said:

[/ QUOTE ]

Yep KevinL, agreed on the prices. If you wan cheap, you gotta surf the net abit. Nowdays I do all the torch shopping online. Thought Atomsphere was tired of waiting so recommended a local shop. So far all the local shops in Singapore that carry surefire products mark up their prices sky high. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/broke.gif

As for the MN60, I checked out the price at beach rd, it cost around US$30. Which is not far from the list price of US$29 on the surefire webpage. ( n u can bargain wif them....Previously I got my 3P from them at around US$60 rather then US$85) /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

AtomSphere

Enlightened

i can't wait for my mn60 no more. waited more than 1 month.

1/12 of the year wasted waiting for more lumens /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon23.gif

KevinL

Flashlight Enthusiast

Good things come to those who wait..

9 months for the U2

Still waiting for my USL

But when I get them, ohhhhhh yeaaaaaaah, now the real fun begins!

Patrick

Newly Enlightened
Nuwai QIII

Hi guys,

Anybody has any idea where I can get my hands on this Nuwai 3watt LED light?

kobane

Newly Enlightened
Re: Nuwai QIII

[ QUOTE ]
Patrick said:
Hi guys,

[/ QUOTE ]

hi patrick,

have you tried calling morgan? my colleagues bought a few pieces from him through me... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif

now my turn to ask... has anyone tried a 2 stage hi/lo switch for the Q-III? how muchie for a piece?

AtomSphere

Enlightened
Re: Nuwai QIII

[ QUOTE ]
kobane said:
[ QUOTE ]
Patrick said:
Hi guys,

[/ QUOTE ]

hi patrick,

have you tried calling morgan? my colleagues bought a few pieces from him through me... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif

now my turn to ask... has anyone tried a 2 stage hi/lo switch for the Q-III? how muchie for a piece?

[/ QUOTE ]

hmmm... weird. was finding that too... i think i found a source. waiting for that guy's email

Status
Not open for further replies.