Calling CPF'ers in Singapore... Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

kobane

Newly Enlightened
Re: Nuwai QIII

[ QUOTE ]
AtomSphere said:
hmmm... weird. was finding that too... i think i found a source. waiting for that guy's email

[/ QUOTE ]

great...

please update me? though i dont own a Q-III, i can ask my colleagues and see if they need one. we dont need such high output most of the time.

AtomSphere

Enlightened
Re: Nuwai QIII

Any one intrested to buy an MN03 for SGD25 including mailing? i got 2 to sell off. Its brand new in all the packageing

switch

Newly Enlightened
Re: Nuwai QIII & SF E2E

Hihi... newbie to flashlight stuff...
1. Is it better to buy Nuwai Qlll & SF E2E at a shop in Singapore or through the net?
2. If it's better to buy online, any sites to recommend?
Thank you.
Regards,

falconz

Newly Enlightened

Wow first post?
Hello switch,
Welcome to CPF! and hang onto ur wallet!!
Have you been lurking around here long before ur first post?

Anyway to answer your question....
1) For my personal opinion, it`s cheaper to buy off the net but if you need it urgent(like in the next couple of days), local would be better.

2)For Q3, you can PM the CPF member called eTendue. He has the cheapest Q3 so far. Fast shipping too.
For the SF E2e, i recommend that you ask around B/S/T section or try www.lighthound.com . Slightly cheaper than list price, fast and reliable shipping too.

switch

Newly Enlightened

Hi Falconz. Thanks for the recommendation.

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/clap.gif Spot on! I was lurking around before registering.
Was looking for flashlight info in a clubsnap thread and was linked to here.
Don't really need the light urgently, so will give eTendue a PM and buy the SF light later...

Thanks again!

Patrick

Newly Enlightened
Drop in for E1e and E2e???

Hi guys,

Anyone here knows if there are any with the likes of a LED drop in module for the 2 lights above?

CHEERS!

flashlight

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Drop in for E1e and E2e???

[ QUOTE ]
Patrick said:
Hi guys,

Anyone here knows if there are any with the likes of a LED drop in module for the 2 lights above?

CHEERS!

[/ QUOTE ]

For E1E & E2E there is the KL1 LED head. For the E2E there is the KL4 LED head.

Not sure about LED drop-in modules though. There might be one for the E2 series.

Patrick

Newly Enlightened
KL5 owners.

Hi!

Just for the fun of it.

How many of you here in SG owns a KL5?

I find the donut hole pretteee annoying.

Patrick

Newly Enlightened

Hi Flash,

Drop in for E2 Series? interesting, where can I go check it out?

AtomSphere

Enlightened

I think its not something that is mass produced. its like a home-made replacement LED if i am not wrong.

flashlight

Flashlight Enthusiast

[ QUOTE ]
Patrick said:
Hi Flash,

Drop in for E2 Series? interesting, where can I go check it out?

[/ QUOTE ]

I only know of these but they don't work with the E-series.

falconz

Newly Enlightened
Re: KL5 owners.

[ QUOTE ]
Patrick said:
Hi!

Just for the fun of it.

How many of you here in SG owns a KL5?

I find the donut hole pretteee annoying.

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh I got one.
Yeah the donut is unsightly when you are used to LUX IIIs but since I`m not going to flashbang myself using it at close range(where the donut can be seen), it didn`t pose any practical probs!

Patrick

Newly Enlightened
L2 on moon mode question.

Hi guys,

In "moon mode" whereby indicating that it's battery life is coming to an end. Staring right into the LED's, I noticed that only one side or rather half the LED is lit up. Noticed also that it is like 4 pieces of LED placed side by side and that explains the + sign when you shine the light at close range.

Is it normal for it's LED to light up on one side?

It is disturbing cos a friend of mine got his L2 when it was first available locally and I have to wait for almost 3~4 mths for the next shipment! Comparing mine to his, he's seemed to be brighter than mine (real big wall of light with noticeably brighter side spill as compared to mine) which sets me thinking "luxeon lottery" ****!! This can't happened to me!!!

I hope you guys can understand what I'm trying to ask? hee....... Failed my Compositioned Test during my schooling days la.

Patrick

Newly Enlightened
Was playing with my SF M6.................

Ha! Ha!

Was throwing the beam, all 500 lumen of it on a pedestrian who was walking along the pavement and the fellow literally stop! at his track and moving his head left and right trying to figure out where the beam of light came from! I lived on the 14th floor! Naughty me.

Reminds me of the openings of the show "Mr. Bean"!!!!

nexro

Enlightened
Re: L2 on moon mode question.

[ QUOTE ]
Patrick said:
Hi guys,

In "moon mode" whereby indicating that it's battery life is coming to an end. Staring right into the LED's, I noticed that only one side or rather half the LED is lit up. Noticed also that it is like 4 pieces of LED placed side by side and that explains the + sign when you shine the light at close range.

Is it normal for it's LED to light up on one side?

It is disturbing cos a friend of mine got his L2 when it was first available locally and I have to wait for almost 3~4 mths for the next shipment! Comparing mine to his, he's seemed to be brighter than mine (real big wall of light with noticeably brighter side spill as compared to mine) which sets me thinking "luxeon lottery" ****!! This can't happened to me!!!

I hope you guys can understand what I'm trying to ask? hee....... Failed my Compositioned Test during my schooling days la.

[/ QUOTE ]

The 5W luxeon consists of 4 dies. It sounds like one or two of the dies just died. All four should light up or glow even when battery is low. I think you should send your light for RMA. Hope this helps.

AtomSphere

Enlightened
Re: Was playing with my SF M6.................

[ QUOTE ]
Patrick said:
Ha! Ha!

Was throwing the beam, all 500 lumen of it on a pedestrian who was walking along the pavement and the fellow literally stop! at his track and moving his head left and right trying to figure out where the beam of light came from! I lived on the 14th floor! Naughty me.

Reminds me of the openings of the show "Mr. Bean"!!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

the M6 u were playing with? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Patrick

Newly Enlightened
Re: L2 on moon mode question.

Thanks Nexro, loaded in fresh battery and all four die lit up????????!!!!!!!!

Thanks for reading. Sleepless man!

pero

Newly Enlightened
Calling CPF\'ers in Singapore... Part 3

Hi just a short intro abt me

My name is Derrick, a personal fren of falconz, hes the one who woke my flasholism up and brought me into this place /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif im currently a year 1 student and still a newbie, so pls lots lots advice /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.