DEFT-edc LR+ 72K cd!!

TEEJ

Flashaholic
Hi all, I just ordered a DEFT EDC LR+. Does this light use a 18650 with a flat or button top? I'm looking at the Callies Kustoms cells, (I assume these are the same as the kallies customs referenced in the run-time chart?) and noticed the two options. Thanks
-Rick

I use Callies in my Deft edc LR...so that 1 mm + must be good to go. (The one with the + end raised 1 mm, as opposed to a classic "Button")

:D

rick108

Newly Enlightened
Alright cool, thanks for the response :D I hope my order went through OK. I've been wanting one of these lights for a long time...

col48

Newly Enlightened
Hi
i have sent you an email through your site as i can not pm you as you in box is full.

ATB
Colin i look forward to your reply

scout24

Flashaholic
Just curious- Do you anticipate continuing to offer the SF host mod version of the LR or LR+ after the completed lights you have remaining are gone?

saabluster

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi
i have sent you an email through your site as i can not pm you as you in box is full.

ATB
Colin i look forward to your reply
I just cleared space in my inbox. I'll look for your email though.

Just curious- Do you anticipate continuing to offer the SF host mod version of the LR or LR+ after the completed lights you have remaining are gone?
Yes I do plan to continue to offer the P60 mods for the foreseeable future.

cloggy

Newly Enlightened
My DEFT edc+ arrived yesterday, what a light! It actually outthrows my WiseLed tactical 2600.
I can't imagine how much better the LR is- it must be awesome.
Many thanks for the light and the quick postage.

PoliceScannerMan

Flashaholic
Had my 6P upgraded to the current version. Smokey conditions last night, perfect for a quick beam shot. :naughty:

This light is amazing.

aefc8251-3296-7826.jpg

Draven451

Enlightened
Saabluster,

I have been looking at your Deft EDC LR+ and like the extra lux it offers over the previous version. Could you provide some details of the EDC Enthusiast edition you are going to come out with and date of release? I don't want to purchase the LR+ and then see that you have upgraded the enthusiast edition with farther throw and more lux.

It will help me make my decision on my purchase :)

saabluster

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well I hate to go back on what I just said but it seems I may need to draw the P60 mods to a close real soon due to LED sourcing concerns. I only have a few more pills made and don't know that I will be making any more. I will leave the P60 option up just a little longer.

Saabluster,

I have been looking at your Deft EDC LR+ and like the extra lux it offers over the previous version. Could you provide some details of the EDC Enthusiast edition you are going to come out with and date of release? I don't want to purchase the LR+ and then see that you have upgraded the enthusiast edition with farther throw and more lux.

It will help me make my decision on my purchase :)

I don't know the release date since I am waiting on the lens manufacturer to get me the lenses first. The lights will be released shortly after they arrive. Performance should be around 90Kcd or so. After all the lights are fully built I will characterize the performance better. The price will be significantly more than the LR+ level so that is something else to consider. There is just so much work wrapped up in these last lights.

Draven451

Enlightened
saabluster,

Just placed an order for the deft edc lr+! Wohoo! This will be my first real thrower. Can't wait till this arrives. With me being in TX should be a short trip :)

Draven451

Enlightened
Had my 6P upgraded to the current version. Smokey conditions last night, perfect for a quick beam shot. :naughty:

This light is amazing.

aefc8251-3296-7826.jpg

"Luke I am your father."

I didn't realize that saabluster was also selling light saber's! :laughing:

BARBARIAN-X

Newly Enlightened
Just ordered a DEFT-edc LR+ and I assume the dimensions are the same as the DEFT-edc LR which says that the body diameter is 25.08mm. I'm trying to track down a removable clip for this light so can you confirm that the diameter between the 2 grip rings on the DEFT-edc LR+ is 25.08mm? I'm also wondering if this light will take an AW 18650 IC 2900mAh or 3100mAh batteries. Thanks!

Draven451

Enlightened
Just ordered a DEFT-edc LR+ and I assume the dimensions are the same as the DEFT-edc LR which says that the body diameter is 25.08mm. I'm trying to track down a removable clip for this light so can you confirm that the diameter between the 2 grip rings on the DEFT-edc LR+ is 25.08mm? I'm also wondering if this light will take an AW 18650 IC 2900mAh or 3100mAh batteries. Thanks!

I don't know the diameter between the grip rings and I'm sure saabluster will chime in soon.

As far as the cells go I have read in another thread that saabluster prefers using Callies Kustoms 3100mAh cells.
They offer two sized cells in the 3100mAh size - 3100 w/pcb 1mm top apx measurements 18.7 x 68.8mm and 3100 w/pcb button top apx measurements 18.7 x 70mm. These cells are slightly larger than the AW cells you mentioned.

Both the AW 2900mAh and 3100mAh measure apx 18.52 x 68.16mm. These cells should work in the deft edc lr+ with no issues.

mohanjude

Flashlight Enthusiast
You don't need IMR as the 18650 are relatively high capacity. The Le does not draw more than 1.4amps so it will happily run on a 18650 that is 2 amps or more

In fact I am thinking of chopping my deft EDC up and shortening the tube so I can use a IMR 18350 that is rated at 850ma that can handle the amp draw. I will be shortening the torch by 300mm or so which is good for my holster.

Last edited:

saabluster

Flashlight Enthusiast
That measurement is applicable to the LR+ as well yes. The AW cells will work fine.

Would I require IMR's instead of ICR's to acheive max throw? Thanks!
IMR cells do not provide any advantage in this particular light over the Panasonic NCR18650A which are the basis of the AW 3100 and the Callie's Kustoms among others. I have found that some of the cheaper DX cells allow for too much voltage sag and so cannot push the LED in the edc hard enough. The NCR cells do not have this problem and they have the best capacity as well as being a high quality cell. There just really is no reason IMO to buy anything else at this point in time. To buy a cheaper cell would be false economizing and very short sighted.

BARBARIAN-X

Newly Enlightened
I ordered a removable Zebralight clip that fits the SC600 & SC80.
SC600 Body Diameter: 25.4mm
SC80 Body Diameter: 23.9 mm
My guess is that it should fit the DEFT-edc LR+ diameter of 25.08mm. If not I will have to explore other options because I can't trust it to just sit in my pocket not clipped on. I would love to find a more permanent solution so if anyone has any suggestions please chime in. Thanks!

BARBARIAN-X

Newly Enlightened
Now I'm looking for the diameter of the end of the tube including the threads with the tail cap removed so I can see if I can track down a permanent clip. Please and thanks!