Do you always carry a flashlight or only at night?

PhotonPhreak

Newly Enlightened
I always EDC a Stylus Pro during daylight hours. My light bulb aisle at work is ironically very dark, need it to see the numbers. I keep a Sunwayman in my go-bag in the truck in case.

rotncore

Newly Enlightened
I carry a Nitecore Tube on on my keyring with my housekeys, so always with me if I'm out. In my work bag I have a 4Sevens Preon 2 that also doubles as a carrier for my spare AAA's for my wireless mouse/presenter. I also have a Fenix E15 tucked away in a pocket organizer as a dedicated emergency light with my multitool, bit kits, and some duct tape. There's also an ArmyTek A1 in my bag, a spare charged AA Eneloop, and 4 lithium AAs.

Kevin Lee

Newly Enlightened
I think it is necessary to EDC something, but I don't EDC anything now. Could you tell me your EDC standards? Thanks a lot

richbuff

Flashlight Enthusiast
I think it is necessary to EDC something, but I don't EDC anything now. Could you tell me your EDC standards? Thanks a lot
EDC, for me, is big enough to be powerful enough, and small enough to carry on my hip and not bang into door jambs. That, for me, equates to the Eagletach SX25L3.

The MX25L3 does more, but is also larger in bezel diameter, and lights that size bang into door jambs a little to often when I wear them on my hip. :welcome:

radiopej

Enlightened
I always have a couple. Ignoring dark spots within buildings and power outages, I never know what time I'll get home. It's going to get dark every day.

eh4

Flashlight Enthusiast
It's easier to just carry the same stuff all the time rather than repeatedly adjusting kit, but not carry to much stuff either, I guess that's where purses and overnight bags come in.

A pocket knife, a little flashlight, a lighter and some string, that's easy.
Some people's wallets take up more space than those things.

FREI

Newly Enlightened
I always carry a light in my pocket and one on my keychain. The same with a knive.

thomas_sti_red

Newly Enlightened
Always in my pants pockets: LD02 or LD09 or LD22 depending dress / time of day
(+ handkerchief, Bic, SAK or folder, phone)

Always on my keys: Inova Microlight

Always in my EDC bag: TK22 or Viking v3, E01, small Dynamo light and Petzl E-lite
(+ 2x AA, 2x AAA, 1x 18650)

Too much??

Thomas

easymac314

Newly Enlightened
Every day without fail. Never leave home without:

Old and cheap Coast light 3xAAA next to wallet

CRKT Drifter, front right pocket

Lighter in 5th pocket.

kenshin

Newly Enlightened
I always carry my innova (first gen 2 cr123 80 lumens flashlight), but since I'm "catching up" to the more modern lights now I carry the klarus mix7 AL, it doesn't matter if day or night. I've learnd that because of my work. CSI INVESTIGATOR.

just ordered an tn12 2014 for work, still searching for a few others that I like. as always looks and way it functions is important.

Last edited:

D3ADLY

Newly Enlightened
I started edc'ing a flashlight earlier this year. Maybe late last year, can't remember. I realized, for years and years, I've always had a cell phone flashlight app I'd been using. Usually as much as multiple times a day. It'd be rare if I didn't use it at least a couple days out of the week. I noticed some people I know would usually have a flashlight cell phone app as well. That told me that many people are in need of lighting at least enough to make them want to install a light app on their phone.

So I decided to upgrade to some real torches and caught the bug. I edc a flashlight with me on my belt everyday. No matter where I'm going. Usually I'll have one on me even if I'm at home all day. I bought my girlfriend a nice flashlight, and even she uses it quite often. She carries it in her purse. They've come in handy many times.

I always carry a pocket knife on me as well in my right front pocket. Usually my ZT 0550. I also carry a belt pack with survival gear encase anything crazy happens. I have a means to cover the basic necessities to stay alive.

Last edited:

TheShadowGuy

Enlightened
I always have a keychain light on me and have for years (Had an ancient... maglite solitaire... that finally gave up the ghost and gave me an excuse to get a Thrunite Ti3). You never know when you need a bit of extra light, and a dedicated light is far more reliable in my experience than relying on a cell phone light.
For trips and times when I know I may be out and about at night, or when there will be a lot of people in an enclosed and possibly dark space, I carry my minimag pro LED and have various other small lights.

uofaengr

Enlightened
Went and invested in my first nice light which was a Surefire Lumamax LX2 a few years ago as I started spending much more time in the field than in the office. Carried it everyday for maybe a year, if that long because it was just too bulky for me so I'd tote it in my bag instead. I much prefer to have one on me just as I like a knife on me so last month I impulse bought a Maratac AAA Cu after seeing a pic on Bladeforums. Of course that started my sickness again and now already rotate the Maratac with a ZL SC52w and L3 Illumnations L11C with the L11C getting the vast majority of carry. It's very nice having a nice light on you when you need one.

WarRaven

Flashlight Enthusiast
Went and invested in my first nice light which was a Surefire Lumamax LX2 a few years ago as I started spending much more time in the field than in the office. Carried it everyday for maybe a year, if that long because it was just too bulky for me so I'd tote it in my bag instead. I much prefer to have one on me just as I like a knife on me so last month I impulse bought a Maratac AAA Cu after seeing a pic on Bladeforums. Of course that started my sickness again and now already rotate the Maratac with a ZL SC52w and L3 Illumnations L11C with the L11C getting the vast majority of carry. It's very nice having a nice light on you when you need one.
Sorry for O/T.
UofA, Alberta U?
Just curious.

Nvincible

Newly Enlightened
Always. Usually a 1 cell like my V11R for home/work. If I go camping I have several (at least 2 two cells) like my TK15 and PD35.
I end up using mine more during the day at work in the warehouse than in the dark but I'm ready either way!