Do you always carry a flashlight or only at night?

MidnightDistortions

Flashlight Enthusiast
I like the saying, i'd rather carry a light and not need it than to not have one and need it. Even in broad daylight there are places where the sun doesn't shine so it would be ideal to carry a flashlight around with you no matter what. That and not everyone does carry a light with them. As for the cellphone app for lighting, the only problem i really see with that is you have to go into the phone to turn the light on which for me anyway takes longer than pulling out a light and twisting/hitting the button. Having the cellphone light is good for when you need to swap out batteries in your main light.

Xaios

Newly Enlightened
I only carry a flashlight if I'm going out at night or going somewhere where I know it will be needed or useful. For unexpected situations where light becomes necessary, the flashbulb LED on my cell phone, in conjunction with a flashlight app, is typically sufficient.

Dingle1911

Enlightened
I always have at least one flashlight on me. Most of the time I have more than one. I don't use them all everyday, but I still enjoy having them and I also enjoy the usefulness of a flashlight when I need one or when it just makes the task I am performing easier because I have better light. I also have a bit of cash with me which is rarely spent, but it is nice when you find that tasty restaurant that doesn't accept credit cards.

MrJino

Enlightened
I never carry a flashlight on me, unless I'm planning to do night hiking walking or whatever.

However there's always a flashlight nearby, home car work edc bag..

Soon I'll have a keychain light though, so I suppose that'll count.

H.J.M.

Newly Enlightened
If I have clothes on, I have a light in my pocket. If I go out I have two or more. Common carry is the surefire e2l aa outdoorsman with a diffuser in my pocket, a mag solitaire led as backup/lender. I'll switch up the back up from time to time but prefer the mag for lending purposes. It's dark all the time somewhere.

aginthelaw

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've been edc'ing a flashlight since 1981 when I joined the coast guard. I was at the hospital visiting my mother last week and just as I stepped off the elevator to her floor, the power went out. 10th floor. I had my kids hit the wall because a flood of medical personnel started running towards us down the hall, because of a patient on a ventilator. I pulled my eagleeye x6 out my pocket to light up the hallway until the emergency generator kicked in. I offered the nurses aide my light since it was an overcast day and it was pretty dim but everyone was pulling out their personal maglites so she declined. 5 mins later, full power kicked in again, so that reinforces me carrying a flashlight at all times. can you imagine being stuck on the elevator or having to walk down 10 flights of stairs in the dark...with 2 kids?

JasonJ

Newly Enlightened
Always, everyday, period. I will have one clipped into my pocket.. at least one more within reach, such as in a coat pocket (usually more powerful and larger cell-equipped than my carry light), and typically one more backup backup light in my backpack I haul around.

Woods Walker

The Wood is cut, The Bacon is cooked, Now it’s tim
knife, light and whenever possible gun. For EDC it's usually something small like a Preon 1xAAA. I don't wait for dark as that will come soon enough.

richbuff

Flashlight Enthusiast
Always, at least one; almost always, two.

MiniMag Led Pro on my belt, at the minimum, such as when I am attending church. Routinely: The MiniMag, and my MMU-X3.

Before dusk, the SX25L3 replaces the X3. The X3 fits perfectly in the SXs' holster.

WarRaven

Flashlight Enthusiast
Absolutely, every day.
Nothing special like you some of you guys though, or high end.
4/7 Mini MA bottom front left pocket.
Pelican 1910 bottom front right pocket.
Also a penlight that clips to front left or angled in rear left pocket. Lost my Preon2 in snowstorm late last year, replaced with Pelican 1920 now for this spot/role.
Used to belt carry LD12 or S10A but have given that belt space up for my Leatherman that has been bumped from pocket carry. Found these AA lights too cumbersome for pocket carry with my other EDC, so I went smaller.(Sure beats packing some of the larger lights I use to carry)
Keychains, house, car an truck all have them prince tec clip on lights as well. I only mention them as they are part of my edc too. And might be replaced by Solitaires very soon.

TLDR, Yup usually two to three.

Berneck1

Enlightened
100% of the time I have one on me, the Eagletac D25a. 90/95% of the time I have a secondary light on my keychain, currently a Maratac Copper AAA. I don't always leave the house with my keys. Probably 70% of the time I'll have either a 2xAA or 18650 light with me, but it depends on what I'm wearing and whether I can comfortably carry it without noticing. Usually, when I'm wearing a jacket of some kind. Essentially in the winter I always have all three.

Sent from my iPhone using Candlepowerforums

SVT-ROY

Enlightened
I typically go to work a few hours before dark so I have been EDC a light for the last few years. A surefire EB1, E1D, or E1B. The last year I have added a nitecore p12, sometimes the fury with the ti clip.... Point is when I had to go into work and be out of there before dark last week, I neglected grabbing my lights....mistake. I ended up staying later and reached for my SF backup but it wasn't there. Luckily I had the SF titan aaa on my keys. Lesson learned.

Lachiepower0402

Newly Enlightened
I always carry incase I encounter darknes or someone trying to mug me, where I just blind them and run the opposite direction :)

I EDC a Thrunite 2CV2 with at least one spare 18650 and a modded 2AA Mini Mag. Both holstered.

Last edited:

Timothybil

Flashlight Enthusiast
I used to work at a senior health care facility. During the winter the possibility always existed that I might not be able to make it home after work and back again the next day due to a major snow fall/storm. More than once I stayed overnight and used an empty bed to sleep in. I always had a go bag in the car with a change of clothes and whatever else I needed to stay over. Also, even though we had a standby generator in case of power failure, I always had an extra light in the go bag and in the car, along with my EDC. We tested the generator under load for several hours each month, but to the best of my knowledge it was never tested in a real fail-over situation, where everyone had to operate under reduced lighting and dead outlets situations, since the generator was only sized for critical loads. So I was always prepared to do my Boy Scout thing.