Do you love a cold glass of ice water?

Beamhead

Flashlight Enthusiast
I suck down copious amounts of ice cold water daily.
Oooops gotta go pee.

peesmilie.gif

Monocrom

Flashaholic
Oh! Don't let Greta see that . . . It's better than the new "Fail" smilie. :D

kitelights

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm almost never without a large insulated glass of water with lots of ice. The insulated glasses don't sweat and they keep the ice from melting much longer.

I have a well and discovered some water issues several years back, so I started buying bottled (gallons) of water and would keep about a dozen on hand at all times that I used for drinking, ice and cooking.

I started selling limeades at a Farmer's Market last year and started using the 'refill water machines' at my local supermarket. Filtered, ionized, ultraviolet, osmosis, etc. Whatever they do to it, it's great.

The water that I had been buying in gallons was nothing but a jug filled from a city's municipal water supply. After having the good stuff, I couldn't even finish what I had left on the shelf.

The ice I use for limeades came from Sam's Club and I checked with the ice manufacturer and they use the same water filtering process for their ice. I now use that ice exclusively.

About 25 years ago I was listening to a radio show when they were making the transition from saccharin to the other artificial sweetener in diet drinks and he was talking about what we will discover about the ill effects of it 10-15 years down the road. I couldn't tell you what he said, but it convinced me that it was a problem and I quit soft drinks cold turkey right then. I've had maybe 3 glasses of a soft drink in the past 25 years.

In restaurants I usually take a slice of lemon in my ice water because you never know if the water is 'good' or not. The lemon will help cover up the tap water taste.

I used to be a big ice cruncher and my dentist told me for years about how bad it was for your teeth. They're finally in bad enough shape that I've had to stop crunching ice. I still try to get my 'fix' by sucking on ice.

BTW, the issue with crunching ice is not just the 'hardness' but the fact that the cold makes your teeth brittle and subject to cracking.

Batou00159

Enlightened
i find the ice where ever i go to leve sediment in the bottom of the glass:confused:
so i dont drink as much as i should.
ps.that pee smiley is good:twothumbs

fisk-king

Flashlight Enthusiast

I used to be a big ice cruncher and my dentist told me for years about how bad it was for your teeth. They're finally in bad enough shape that I've had to stop crunching ice. I still try to get my 'fix' by sucking on ice.

BTW, the issue with crunching ice is not just the 'hardness' but the fact that the cold makes your teeth brittle and subject to cracking.

That sucks big time. I am a HUGE ice chomper (crushed anyways:) )

DM51

Flashaholic
Water? I'm not that keen on it, unless a suitable quantity of an appropriate disinfectant has been added to render it safe and improve the flavor:

Barrel.jpg

LukeA

Flashlight Enthusiast
Water? I'm not that keen on it, unless a suitable quantity of an appropriate disinfectant has been added to render it safe and improve the flavor:

You drink more bourbon than water? Impressive, if nothing else.

Monocrom

Flashaholic
Got a giant glass of ice-water waiting for me in the kitchen. And I need it. Met up with turboBB in Chinatown tonight to take some sweet real-world beamshots of various lights. Temp. wise it was not a good night. But well worth it. Check out his SF M3LT review. It's soon going to be updated with those beamshots I mentioned. :twothumbs

Last edited:

UberLumens

Newly Enlightened
Cold water is #1 for me. But no in fridge dispenser

can anyone recommend a good water cooler (hot and cold maybe)
Thanks

ToNIX

Enlightened
I love it too, with loads of ice!

Put some green tea in it with lemon, hmmmmmmmmm.

Crushed mint and lemon (like a mojito) is also really good!

gswitter

Flashlight Enthusiast
I prefer room temp, in fact I rarely drink anything cooler than that.

Must be genetic or contagious because my kid (5) has similar preferences - she will not drink anything with ice in it.

DahlKen

Newly Enlightened
Well after reading all this, think I need to go get me another glass of ice cold water.

The best all around thirst quenching drink there is if I do say so myself.

Thanks,
Thom

LuxLoverr

Newly Enlightened
i have a half filled 2 liter bottle in the freezer, i fill it with water from the tap so i get my ice water and it is refreshing especially in this heatwave.