DOT it LED stick up

Christoph

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just found these at walmart in MD even has a proper clicky switch in it for the tactical closet lite crowd :devil:

dotit4hc.jpg

dotback2cx.png

sorry for the scanned images from now on I will use my new cannon A520
It uses 3 aaa cells no clue about runtime it will get new led more than likley
interesting light. It has a resistor in it
Chris

Last edited:

moeman

Enlightened
I saw one of those the other night...
how is the output stock?
i am thinking little kids here!
how do you like the stick-up backing?
seem durable?

easily modded?
thanks!
chris

Lunal_Tic

Flashlight Enthusiast
Not sure I'd call this a copy of the Indium. That was a much more sophisticated light and not designed for closet use at all. This is just an LED version of battery powered dome lights for closets and other dark, electric outlet challenged sites.

The incan battery dome lights were around long before the Indium. These are now available at the equivalent of Dollar Stores around here. I actually tried to mod one to LED but the output was disappointing.

-LT

Lynx_Arc

Flashaholic
I saw them on an seperate hanging display near an end cap in the automotive section. I was interested in it until I realized you had to use a screwdriver to change batteries.
If it had a quick change cover on it I probably would be more tempted, a magnet would be even better.

rwolff

Enlightened
Saw them near the entrance of the RONA on Eglinton east of Warden (not to be confused with the RONA on Warden south of Eglinton - 2 in close proximity because 1 started as a Rona while the other was Building Box, a chain that Rona bought out). The display model was pretty dim (but that may just have been worn-out batteries), the 3 LEDs were visibly different in colour, the anodized shroud comes off easily (but it's not a "live" cover), and from the pictures on the back of the package it looks like using the adhesive mount will make it difficult to get at the screws to change the batteries.

Christoph

Flashlight Enthusiast
It was near the RV section not with the flashlights. it lit up my bedroom rather well. The biggest problem is after you stick it you cannot get to the screws to change the batteries.I will be using velcro or something to mount it.the sticky tape on it is very thin it might come off easily.

dehnehsu

Newly Enlightened
Christoph, Thanks for the info. How much was Walmart selling them for? I checked the Sylvania website and for those interested, the suggested retail price is $9.99. It's also sold in 6 different colors. I just might pick one up for my car which lacks a light in the trunk. (Either that or mount a headlamp in the trunk which would better double as a emergency flashlight.)

From Sylvania...

http://www.sylvania.com/AboutUs/Pressxpress/Pressnews/ConsumerPressReleases/Jul05Sep05/dotit.htm

Trashman

Flashlight Enthusiast
Christoph said:
It was near the RV section not with the flashlights.

The RV section? As in where they carry the Winebagos? What else is in the RV section? I can't think of which section that might be! (RV=recreational vehicle, right?)

Christoph

Flashlight Enthusiast
Trashman said:
The RV section? As in where they carry the Winebagos? What else is in the RV section? I can't think of which section that might be! (RV=recreational vehicle, right?)
:nana:
:crackup: Yes they have things for rv's between sports and automotive. It was around 9 bucks. This one will go in my sidecar trunk.