Elzetta- The industry's best kept secret.

Hemicrusher

Newly Enlightened
Question...Except the 20% off new customer discount, does Elzetta ever send discounts to existing customers? I am thinking of buying a Bravo, but the price is a bit steep.

AstroTurf

Flashlight Enthusiast
Question...Except the 20% off new customer discount, does Elzetta ever send discounts to existing customers? I am thinking of buying a Bravo, but the price is a bit steep.
Registered/Logged-In Users will now see an Insider discount on ALL PRODUCTS in their cart!!

Sign-up for our Newsletter, the Elzetta Insider, and receive a one-time 20% OFF your first order!!

(May not be combined with any other offer or coupon. / Must be logged in at time of purchase. Use Code: subscribe20)​

Hemicrusher

Newly Enlightened
Registered/Logged-In Users will now see an Insider discount on ALL PRODUCTS in their cart!!

Sign-up for our Newsletter, the Elzetta Insider, and receive a one-time 20% OFF your first order!!

(May not be combined with any other offer or coupon. / Must be logged in at time of purchase. Use Code: subscribe20)​
I was hoping for a little better than the 10% Insider Discount. beyond the 20% that I got on my first order. I have two 15% discounts and one 20% to use later from Malkoff, and even got a 20% on my first purchase.

So, I take it that the 10% is it for future orders with Elzetta? Not complaining, I mean 10% is better than 0%.

JPA261

Flashlight Enthusiast
So I bought an Alpha Gen 3 with the high low tailcap. Is anyone else experiencing like a buzzing noise from the head or the light flickering. Mine flickers on occasion and sometimes it goes from like the old 415 lumen setting to the 500. Very inconsistent. Lastly, mine does not step down to 415 lumens after 10sec. Very disappointed.

aznsx

Flashlight Enthusiast
So I bought an Alpha Gen 3 with the high low tailcap. Is anyone else experiencing like a buzzing noise from the head or the light flickering. Mine flickers on occasion and sometimes it goes from like the old 415 lumen setting to the 500. Very inconsistent. Lastly, mine does not step down to 415 lumens after 10sec. Very disappointed.

...and disappointing to hear JPA. I can only offer sympathy, but I can certainly sympathize.

You may not be in the mood for questions, but when you are...

Are your problem symptoms while using a CR123A, or lithium ion 16340, or both - and if both, are they each the same with either type, and have you tried more than one of which ever type applies?

Knowing that may help those familiar with the light as they contemplate the issue(s).

Hemicrusher

Newly Enlightened
Check out my posts here on page 205. Sounds like you might be having a similar issue that I had.

nmiller

Flashlight Enthusiast
The HC head came today. Initial impressions……. It's big. The tint is great. Looks very similar to the alpha gen 3. The beam has rings. Saying that, I haven't had a chance to use it for real though. I don't think the rings will be noticeable in real world use.

Attachments

• 849B2542-EF17-437C-B2CD-BC1348A280F5.jpeg
    849B2542-EF17-437C-B2CD-BC1348A280F5.jpeg
    67.7 KB · Views: 158
  • 05FC68A7-F323-4BE4-8D57-6BA9F63189CC.jpeg
    05FC68A7-F323-4BE4-8D57-6BA9F63189CC.jpeg
    61.6 KB · Views: 172
  • 535EB136-4CF0-4FC9-A791-447375E4033F.jpeg
    535EB136-4CF0-4FC9-A791-447375E4033F.jpeg
    44.2 KB · Views: 161

JPA261

Flashlight Enthusiast
...and disappointing to hear JPA. I can only offer sympathy, but I can certainly sympathize.

You may not be in the mood for questions, but when you are...

Are your problem symptoms while using a CR123A, or lithium ion 16340, or both - and if both, are they each the same with either type, and have you tried more than one of which ever type applies?

Knowing that may help those familiar with the light as they contemplate the issue(s).
So I only run CR123A batteries in this light and no rechargeables. Tried the battery junction that it came with and swapped it out with a fresh Surefire battery with the same issues.

wacbzz

Flashlight Enthusiast
Good stuff, so it's not just me then,
the speed clip just seems to work great with the alpha, there were many people that really didn't like it though, think if they carried with it for a while they would have seen the benefits of it's design.
Think many didn't like the look of it compared to most other clip designs so didn't give it a chance.
It is just the two of you.

Elzetta has the EXACT same problem as HDS - they designed a spectacular flashlight with a clip as a pure afterthought.

It is frankly EXACTLY why both clips completely suck and why I carry neither brand of flashlight on a daily basis. They all sit in their respective packaging in the back of my closet.

AstroTurf

Flashlight Enthusiast
The HC head came today. Initial impressions……. It's big. The tint is great. Looks very similar to the alpha gen 3. The beam has rings. Saying that, I haven't had a chance to use it for real though. I don't think the rings will be noticeable in real world use.
those rings are fugly!!!

thanks for the update!

Jim

Coolwhite

Newly Enlightened
It is just the two of you.

Elzetta has the EXACT same problem as HDS - they designed a spectacular flashlight with a clip as a pure afterthought.

It is frankly EXACTLY why both clips completely suck and why I carry neither brand of flashlight on a daily basis. They all sit in their respective packaging in the back of my closet.
At least there are two of us that like the speed clip then. 😆

thermal guy

Flashaholic
HDS had the perfect clip design with there older lights. " U42/U60 etc". Two holes two screws. Worked great.Hell, guys on here we're make TI versions. Oh the good old days. Now the newer models don't need clips. My understanding is they are balanced well enough that the counter weigh of the clip is not needed to keep them from falling off a display shelf.

bykfixer

Flashaholic
B15-BB0-CF-266-F-4-F54-BA74-ACAEB5-DCA2-AE.jpg

I use a Speed Clip/wrist strap combo for a quick deploy 2 finger centrifugal device under the worst conditions. PK taught me that trick while explaining the reason the potato masher Icon light (called Rogue) came with a neck lanyard.
Under better conditions it's easy to slide the loop over the hand for anti-droppsies.

aznsx

Flashlight Enthusiast
So I only run CR123A batteries in this light and no rechargeables. Tried the battery junction that it came with and swapped it out with a fresh Surefire battery with the same issues.

Let us know if you've had a chance to confer with Elzetta Support about this. That's likely the best course of action, and I'll be curious as to their response / comments. Thanx!

JPA261

Flashlight Enthusiast
Let us know if you've had a chance to confer with Elzetta Support about this. That's likely the best course of action, and I'll be curious as to their response / comments. Thanx!
So I got my alpha back pretty fast. They told me that there was too much grease and suggested that I use isopropyl alcohol and using 400 grit scotch brite pad to clean the the ground surfaces of the body/ tailcap. Got it back and really much better.

Really happy with their customer service!

aznsx

Flashlight Enthusiast
So I got my alpha back pretty fast. They told me that there was too much grease and suggested that I use isopropyl alcohol and using 400 grit scotch brite pad to clean the the ground surfaces of the body/ tailcap. Got it back and really much better.

Great to hear that! Enjoy, and now that it's functioning well, do post any comments observations you come up with along the way as you make friends with it!

AstroTurf

Flashlight Enthusiast

kind of surprised by this...

did you overgrease, or did they?

thanks